[ROM] IML74K_Ics_Perfection_UCLD2 05.04.12

Search This thread

krazygreen

Someone had posted something that worked for them that really didn't make sense but it worked for me to. They said (in ultra config) to turn tethering always on, off, then on again. Reboot the phone after that and it should work (At least it did for me).

Also, with the wifi tethering, I had the same issue with changing passwords, etc. I forgot that to do so, you'll have to utilize your "settings" button on the phone itself.

Click on the word "Portable Wi-Fi......" and itill take you to another screen that will allow you to change device name. This is the screen you use the settings button on.

You'll have 3 options.
Configure (Wi-Fi hotspot)
Connection timeout
Help

Also... about the GPS issues. It was able to confirm that this INDEED works, everyone. There are 2 links I can provide. This is the aGPS hotfix. The first link will take you to the thread. The second link is the direct download for the version I'm suggesting. (Google's version). This is a flashable clockworkmod package.

aGPS fix thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476962&highlight=agps

aGPS fix (CWM Flashable) Google version link - http://derekgordon.com/gps-files/agps.patch.google.build.cwm.v3.1.zip

I suggest suggest, HIGHLY SUGGEST making a nandroid backup of your current environment before flashing the fix. It worked for me but you never know. As an additional note. I wiped Dalvik Cache, Fix Permissions and Cache Partition as additional steps. There was an issue with data on the first boot but 1 more boot and it all came back.

On the highway with thick clouds/thunderstorm and it locked in about 20 seconds. and it was ACCURATE (as in not showing me go backwards down the interstate).

I've been doing a lot of reading around our forum and there are quite a few fixes for some of the problems in this build. from the Quickboot app suggestion to freezing the wifi sharing services, vastly improving battery life. I'm a busy person just like the rest of some of you but if you have free time to download, flash and setup a ROM, I'm sure some of us can search out some fixes and hopefully help the Dev incorporate it, into the following builds. As opposed to some of us using the thread like a help desk ticketing system (on a consistent basis). I hope the Dev is able to fix the framework so the options aren't black on dark grey (more legible).

Thanks, that tethering trick worked for me.

In terms of the black on grey fix, I went ahead and flashed Phoenix's stock ICS theme and it fixed that issue. Works like a charm, buttery smooth and I've had no bugs or issues thus far. There are a few versions he has posted in the thread, I've confirmed that the version posted for Racer's Skyrocket Port is compatible. The only drawback is that it changes the 15 toggles to only 5, however for me personally, that wasn't much an issue since it solved the black on dark grey issue.

Last edited:

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Aosp lockcreen wave

So upon making my own lil theme for this bad boy and playing around in the framework, I was able to fix my wave coming off of my lockscreen button. Included photos to show. And also gave it an ics blue tint ;). If the OP wishes, I could make up a zip with the fix in white or ics blue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

JPOKeefe

Jan 7, 2012
Hayn is there any way to change the lockscreen back to the one you originally had? Is it an apk somewhere in the old zip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Carpet161

Sep 7, 2010
Just wanted to say thanks! This is an amazing daily driver. A theme to change the font color to be more viable would be great but thank you for your hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG

hayn_pryde46

Feb 2, 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
So upon making my own lil theme for this bad boy and playing around in the framework, I was able to fix my wave coming off of my lockscreen button. Included photos to show. And also gave it an ics blue tint ;). If the OP wishes, I could make up a zip with the fix in white or ics blue.

I Dont Care Man You Did The Hard Work Post It Great Job Any Way Looks Nice Man...

Reactions: OGWisdom

ysuleman

Sep 7, 2008

Is that wallpaper HD? Can you share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Here you go...

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Well, here they are. I actually made these kinda quick :D. Whomever uses these, please let me know how they work out. You should wipe cache & dalvik before flash and a fix permissions afterwards. Two zips, one, stock white. The other ICS blue. Have fun! OP, you can link to first post if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63876562/OG.AOSPlockscreen.ICS blue.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63876562/OG.AOSPlockscreen.Stock_White.zip

Reactions: Arh1tekt and Esevw

Nihonno

Jun 7, 2010
Hey wisdom, nice work indeed. I was wondering if there was a way to simply change the darkened fonts/buttons without changing other elements of the framework?

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Hey wisdom, nice work indeed. I was wondering if there was a way to simply change the darkened fonts/buttons without changing other elements of the framework?

Not a simple way, but a way none the less. It involves decompiling the framework and maybe other apk's. I am currently in the works of searching through many xml's to locate where the color originates from. I may have found it but, this damn apk manager isn't playing to nice right now. But, I am working at it...

Reactions: Nihonno

AlphaKoi

Jul 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
go easy on me....im asking a blind question

I am asking this for a friend who is interested in using this ROM (i have the galaxy nexus and not this phone). Does this ROM's camera have the ICS panoramic feature? I wasnt sure and had no way of knowing given that I don't own the phone. I apologize if this was previously posted and I missed it. Thanks in advance

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
I am asking this for a friend who is interested in using this ROM (i have the galaxy nexus and not this phone). Does this ROM's camera have the ICS panoramic feature? I wasnt sure and had no way of knowing given that I don't own the phone. I apologize if this was previously posted and I missed it. Thanks in advance

The camera in the rom is actually still the gingerbread camera I believe. But, I did take it upon myself to push the ics camera apk from another rom and it worked. But, it doesn't seem to support all the features just yet.

total_noob_1

Jan 17, 2012
California

The "ics" camera we have on this ROM has smile, beauty, panorama, action, and something else and they all work fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011
Screenshots

Can someone fix the screenshots in the OP? they don't show up, or would someone be kind enough to take screenshots of the basic apps that come with this rom (phone, contacts, messages, lockscreen etc)? Thanks

Beyondcr

Sep 16, 2011
York
Sweet job, ran it for 24 hours coming from stock root, could not wait any longer! Few bugs I seen but you might already know about them. If you are playing music and you go to the google search and say navigate to blah blah and the navigation window opens all hell breaks loose, Phone slows down to a craw and the audio starts going in and out with static, I was able to reproduce the problem twice, besides that the shutting down issue. Mostly everything else is solid, call quality is great, camera works, gapps works nice (latest build), the battery life is real nice and it feels quite quick, I am sure you will be able it speed it up abit more.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First Off Im Not Responsible For Any Damages On Accounts Of Flashing This. Be Responsible Read Op Before Flashing, Ask Questions If You Need Help Only You Are Reliable For What You Do To Your Phone...

download.png

Thanks To Vertumas For An Action Theme And Wali01x For Porting It

Change Log:
    UCLD2:
    Base And Theme

II:
    Fixed Swype
    New Init.d And Build.prop Tweaks
    Tweaks For Better Battery
    Tweaks For SD Card Speed Up
    Aosp Lockscreen
    Aosp MMS
    Superuser Fixed
    Voicemail Button Removed
    Battery %
    And More

RC3:
    Misc. Fixes
    New Auto Rotation Fix (Thanks To Yaldak)

RC2:
    New Tweaks
    New Removed Carrier
    New Sound Improvements
    New Keyboard Fixed
    New Extended Power Menu
    New Scrolling Adjusted
    New Tryed To Fix Bluetooth Issue
    New Bravia Engine
    New Samsung Mms
    New Samsung Memo
    New Samsung Clock
    New Samsung Music Player
    Fixed Dsp Manager
    Updated Play Store
    HD Youtube

RC1:
    Misc. Fixes

Rom Debut:
    Base Rom w/ ICS Theme Wali01x

Whats Included:
    Skyrocket-ICS-Port Kernel Thanks To Racing19969
    ( http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21906-new-ics-skyrocket-port-kernel/ )
    With Init.d And Bootanimation Support...
    ICS Theme Revamped w. New Extended Power Menu
    ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569494 )
    Themed Apps:
    Phone
    Contacts
    Camera
    Browser
    Calendar
    Settings
    TW Launcher
    Memo
    Clock
    Music Player

ICS AOSP Apps:
    Calculator
    Dsp Manager
    Email
    Gallery
    Movie Studio
    Music
    MMS
    Lockscreen

Added:
    CM9 Boot Animation
    A Mix Up Of CM9 And Samsung Sound
    New Auto Rotation Fix
    Aosp Launcher w/Aosp Wallpapers
    Apex Launcher
    Aosp Live Wallpapers
    HD Youtube
    Black Hole
    Holo Spiral
    Phase Beam
    Removed Carrier
    Sound Improvements
    Keyboard Fixed
    Extended Power Menu
    Scrolling Adjusted
    Tryed To Fix Bluetooth Issue
    Bravia Engine
    Xloud
    And More...

Bugs:
    Call Sound Echo

How To Flash:
    Wipe Data Factory Reset
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    TDJs Super Wipe (If You Use It)
    M&S Kernel Cleaner (If You Use It)
    Flash IML74K_Ics_Perfection Rom
    Fix Permissions
    Reboot
    Wait 10 Mins.
    Reboot...

Tips:
    1. Do Not Flash Anything After The Rom Is Settled Nor Push Anything Using Root Explorer Breaks Shutdown Fix
    I Also Realize Wiping Caches And Making Backups Breaks It To Probly Fixed In Next Leak Builds...
    Other Then That You Should Be Running Cherry...

Download:

ICS Perfection II: w. Aosp Lockscreen/Battery Mod
    http://d-h.st/oRb

ICS Perfection II: w. Samsung Lockscreen/No Battery Mod
    http://d-h.st/Rym

IML74K_Ics_Perfection_UCLD2
    http://d-h.st/Iyi

Mirror Thanks To Himmatwala:
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=85fc207b6fb34f53&resid=85FC207B6FB34F53!177&id=85FC207B6FB34F53!177

Vertumas For An Action Theme And Wali01x For Porting It Plus OGWisdom For Helping Us Out Theming
    Wali01x For Camera Fix (Videos And Camcorder Works Now And Its ICS Themed)
    Yaldak For Auto Rotation Fix
    Cyanogenmod Team For Boot Animation, Sounds, Livewallpapers, And DSP Manager
    Lidroid And RomRacer For 14 Quick Panels
    Racing19969 And LawStud3nt For ICS Kernel And First Ported Rom
    TDJs For Super Wipe
    M&S For Kernel Cleanser
    And The Rest Of The Devs For Learning And Teaching Eachother...
    And Me & Blackleopard187 For Everything Else...
    Let Me Know If Your Supposed To Be On This List...

Add Ons:
    If Anyone Wants Aosp Calender Its In Attached Files Below: Just Add To Rom And Delete Tw Calender In System/Apps
    Hey guys i downloaded the ROM and the dsp manager and fixed the file

Now you only have to download one file, no need for the additional dsp manger file

https://hotfile.com/dl/151856669/5fc8dff/IML74K_Ics_Perfection.zip.html
    Portable Hotspot Fix

Ok while I'm at it here's the fix for the portable hotspot (also from our friends in the Skyrocket forums)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24134762&postcount=25

This has also been tested by me and it works like a charm.

If I helped you please hit the thanks button.