[Q] make a live demo unit a full phone - can we save €500???

Search This thread

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
Hi I get a Note2 Live demo unit on Ebay and I was currious it can be turned to full phone.

The Live Demo Unit (N7100X on the box) says it has no baseband inside as well as it has an advertising video running (which can be disabled) and no lockscreen .... maybe few more things but thats not important ....

I have flashed a standard 4.1.1 Samsung software inside using Odin (download mode on demo unit is accessible) and the phone now have all the features (lockscreen, play store .... etc) but still no baseband and it has an extra problem - it is switching off after some time with display off.

I am thinking of two things:
1) Returning the Live Demo Unit software back - I have another one so if it is possible to extract binary from the second one :rolleyes: - to this point ... thinking of rooting another demo unit (if root goes) with CWM and using nandbackup from this one to my current ... but damage 2 demo units is not what I want to do ... hope I get some more of them :) great as a portable multimedia device :)
2) Flashing it the right way so it will become a full phone (hope dies last) :angel: - probably the device will not have an IMEI number so calling wouldnt be possible ... but it can have lockscreen and market ...

Few questions I still cant get answers for:
1) Does it has the modem installed or is it blocked a software way
2) Is the partition same as in standard phone? - standard samsung firmware flashed without problems (single file firmware)
3) Are there any more features hidden by samsung - I am sure samsung is not stupid to sell a full phone for €2 ....... but I still have hope

I would appreciate any help on any of these issues - I am no developer so I don't understand much things under the hood. The €2 Live Demo Unit N7100X turned into €500 N7100 full phone may be your award (if you get any demo unit :D).

Have a nice day and thank you all !!!

PS: I am aware of THIS closed thread in General section - but the question is not the same ...

Last edited:

fenomena

Mar 20, 2010
Samsung GT-N7100X

i have this Note2 Live demo unit too.

anyone can help us?

thanks inadvance

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
You have no chance xda users have tried and failed if you search there are a few topics on the said item

All the live demo unit is for its to show people what the phone does id send ur back for a refund

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

DMax99

Aug 30, 2010
Hi I get a Note2 Live demo unit on Ebay and I was currious it can be turned to full phone.

The Live Demo Unit (N7100X on the box) says it has no baseband inside as well as it has an advertising video running (which can be disabled) and no lockscreen .... maybe few more things but thats not important ....

I have flashed a standard 4.1.1 Samsung software inside using Odin (download mode on demo unit is accessible) and the phone now have all the features (lockscreen, play store .... etc) but still no baseband and it has an extra problem - it is switching off after some time with display off.

I am thinking of two things:
1) Returning the Live Demo Unit software back - I have another one so if it is possible to extract binary from the second one :rolleyes: - to this point ... thinking of rooting another demo unit (if root goes) with CWM and using nandbackup from this one to my current ... but damage 2 demo units is not what I want to do ... hope I get some more of them :) great as a portable multimedia device :)
2) Flashing it the right way so it will become a full phone (hope dies last) :angel: - probably the device will not have an IMEI number so calling wouldnt be possible ... but it can have lockscreen and market ...

Few questions I still cant get answers for:
1) Does it has the modem installed or is it blocked a software way
2) Is the partition same as in standard phone? - standard samsung firmware flashed without problems (single file firmware)
3) Are there any more features hidden by samsung - I am sure samsung is not stupid to sell a full phone for €2 ....... but I still have hope

I would appreciate any help on any of these issues - I am no developer so I don't understand much things under the hood. The €2 Live Demo Unit N7100X turned into €500 N7100 full phone may be your award (if you get any demo unit :D).

Have a nice day and thank you all !!!

PS: I am aware of THIS closed thread in General section - but the question is not the same ...

Where did you get it on eBay? Have you got a link? :p

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
You have no chance xda users have tried and failed if you search there are a few topics on the said item

All the live demo unit is for its to show people what the phone does id send ur back for a refund

The original effort was to make it a full phone - for me it is just an option and I am now almost sure that this is impossible due to IMEI number missing ... I just would like to make it a working mutlimedia device which will not be randomly shutting down during idle.

Where did you get it on eBay? Have you got a link? :p

Sorry bro I had the last one (and my friend 2nd one) - you have to look over the internet ...

agg3l0s7

Jan 2, 2011
Good Evening,

I have Live Demo Unit also and i tried to change firmware/rom.. i done it and now is a Note II that cant "see" the sim card...
So now i will keep it like tablet......

If someone knows more things to do im waiting ideas....

Thanks

ankithonda

Jan 29, 2009
I also got N7100X model last day. it shows IMEI - Unknown . Baseband - Unknown .. what modem/rom i should flash to make it working ??

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
So can you just flash twrp recovery and a custom rom will that work also how much internal memory is showing on mine it looks like 8gb I thought they were 16gb? Is there a way to reclaim the lost internal memory?

Reactions: Gent'

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
You cam reclaim the full 16gb by flashing the pit file for the n7100 then you will see full memory back also I have a 64gb card and have swapped the external memory to internal so now I have 64gb internal for apps and 16gb external.

enmbs

Oct 27, 2009
No Skype outgoing sound

You cam reclaim the full 16gb by flashing the pit file for the n7100 then you will see full memory back also I have a 64gb card and have swapped the external memory to internal so now I have 64gb internal for apps and 16gb external.

I have noticed something else very strange with the demo unit. If I make a Skype video call, the person on the other end can not hear me:(. However, I can hear him well. The problem goes away if I plug my headphones in. Strangely no problem during an audio only call. There are similar issues with Google talk video chat. Did you notice this problem on your unit.

Last edited:

valid_x

Feb 27, 2013

can you teach me how to reclaim? or how to flash the pit file?
and how do you swapped the external into internal memory?
thanks before, really need your help....

L

lohsmith

I also have the Galaxy Note 2 demo version....the issue I have with mine is that USB OTG does not function. Another person on a different thread also has the same problem.
Do you also have this problem with your devices? If you have managed to fix it, how did you do so?
Many thanks

smoula.dd

Feb 5, 2010

can you post the link for pit file you used and how you do it?. I watch on you tube video how to dismal phone and in our 7100x version there are missing some stuff. So I dont think that it is only sw relationship. I should be hw also.

crrryan

May 3, 2013
Hi there, I'm new to xda and I was glad to find lots of other people who have demo versions of the galaxy note 2. My note is also a demo that I got from Vodafone during my work expeirence but I didn't get a box or anything like that with it but when I go into the settings and then about it says the GT-N7100 and I know it is a demo because it says so behind the battery. Since there is no "x" at the end does that mean that flashing a custom ROM might let a sim card work inside it so that I can make calls etc ?
Thanks a million in advance

mendo

Aug 5, 2003
Did anyone try to use a 3G Android compatible dongle on a demo unit?

Last edited:

sbn_g

May 11, 2013
USE Gmate!

You can use a Gmate or Gmate+ and you will have an complete cellphone, you can make and recive caall and use the data traffic, but it only work with GPRS/EDGE, but it works fine, i hope that it helps you :)

Reactions: Wero360

sloper

Feb 3, 2006
Bela Crkva
Has anyone solved the problem of USB OTG host cable ?
For me, it sees the phone OTG USB kable but constantly connects and disconnects immediately and so constantly repeated in a circle. On another Note 2 (not a demo live) this OTG USB work fine.

Last edited:

dove_g

Jun 15, 2012
Good Evening,

I have Live Demo Unit also and i tried to change firmware/rom.. i done it and now is a Note II that cant "see" the sim card...
So now i will keep it like tablet......

If someone knows more things to do im waiting ideas....

Thanks

Installed successfully clockworkmod and flashed mobile with couple roms (from cyanogenmod, android revoluiotion, thinkignbridge, omega, some stock roms etc...) but every rom stuck on boot up. It rotates boot up image too long, nothing happens and you must to turn it off.

Which custom rom / stock rom did you successfully managed to upload to this phone?
Can you advice me please?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So can you just flash twrp recovery and a custom rom will that work also how much internal memory is showing on mine it looks like 8gb I thought they were 16gb? Is there a way to reclaim the lost internal memory?
    USE Gmate!

You can use a Gmate or Gmate+ and you will have an complete cellphone, you can make and recive caall and use the data traffic, but it only work with GPRS/EDGE, but it works fine, i hope that it helps you :)
    There is no chance too get full worked device from live demo unit. Only way is to flash with pit file and we get tablet. Here is some photos compare live demo and full phone n7100. In this red area in live demo miss components.
    i'am flashing using odin, with twrp 2.8 tar file, but odin said that "there is no pit file" so it failed for me

did you flash the pit file first? where to get it?
    Did u checked repartition in odin? If yes then uncheck it..
    This what i did:
    1. Flash stock rom + pit file
    2. Indtall twrp
    3. Install custom rom.
    this pit file for 16gb version

---------- Post added 25th April 2015 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 24th April 2015 at 11:50 PM ----------

does a live demo unit always have an signal icon like this?

nUP5NR7.jpg

Yes because it doesnt have a network