[ROM]Orca Project 2.2+ - Mako

Search This thread

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
The Orca Project 4.2+ Builds - Orca Wave 2.2+

orca.png

The Orca Project is back with Orca Wave 2.2+. Based on Vanilla AOSP, AOKP, CM, and Paranoid with 4.2.2 and available on multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds and Release Candidate builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and orcaproject.co!

This rom is one of one of the more fully featured roms around currently. More and More Features are getting added in each nightly build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom. Each build is focused on being as stable as possible even with nightly builds.

Features: (Changing With Every Nightly Please See Changelog on Site or Latest Commits on Github)

* Android 4.2.2r1.2 Update
* Orca Settings (Based off of AOKP RomControl)
* Hybrid Settings (Paranoids)
* HALO
* Rom Updates
* OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
* PIE! (Paranoid Android)
* Profiles
* Performance Control
* Privacy Guard
* CM Security Fix
* Orca Wallpapers
* Themes
* Lock Screen Settings
* LockClock
* Ribbons
* Statusbar Hide
* Dark UI
* Sound Recorder
* Device Parts for Available Devices
* Expandable Sound Settings
* NFC Profiles
* DSP Manager and Apollo Player
* Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
* DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
* AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
* Build Prop Tweaks
* Init.d Tweaks
* NFC Polling
* Quiet Hours
* Headset Music App Launch
* CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
* GOO Manager Pre Installed
* ORCA STATS
* Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
* Expanded Sound Option, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
* Everything you can think of, we have it.
* additional stuff I forgot to mention.
* Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, ROOT-BOX, CARBON, SLIM, XYLON, All credits can be found at Orcaproject.co. CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA 2.2+ MAKO DOWNLOADS ANDROID NIGHTLIES & RELEASE CANDIDATE
http://orcaproject.co/The_Orca_Project_-_Android_Roms/Mako.html
http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/mako
GAPPS

DEVICE SOURCE
GITHUB
KERNEL
CREDITS/ABOUT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-27-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-27-38.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,447
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-28-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-28-41.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-28-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-28-49.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,391
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-23.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,214
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-36.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-29-52.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,059
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-34-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-34-29.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,015
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-30-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-30-26.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,967
Last edited:

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
this is greaat! anyword on if hybrid properties from PA will be added? I see that you have a test build for Maguro.thanks again!

pinoyz

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
A lot of the options do not stick after you leave the page. Is that happening to anyone else?

Edit, nevermind, a fix permissions and a reboot seemed to fix it

Last edited:

rasoolakhter

Aug 27, 2008
Lovely rom

i used this lovely rom and radio is working nice for me because my radio was not working and love you guys

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Looks and sounds pretty good, will give this a whirl.

Doesnt look like latest PIE is included from the screenshots, tho. And wondering if it has the same z-index issue with PIE and normal Desktop (0px navbar) where app interfaces cover the PIE visuals (have that on Xylon).

Will report back later on.

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Flashed this baby together with the latest motley kernel.

First impression: Issues at establishing a WLAN connection. Happens at the setup wizard screen right after flashing. It connects to the WiFi network and shows me the symbol, but it wont turn blue as the indicator of a fixed connection to google services.
If I try to setup my Google Account, the setup wizard tells me that no stable data connection could be initiated. So I had to use my mobile data ... :(

Second impression: After a reboot WiFi worked again, but no settings stick within the ROM and Orca controls. I'll try fix permissions.

Third impression: After fixing permissions some settings stick, but other settings like changing the quantity of navbar targets are not working.

Suggestion for next release: fixing permissions on flashing procedure would make things alot more easy ;)

Last edited:

mfknboss

Apr 4, 2011
Green Bay,WI
Re: The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Mako

Sick rom!! Only issue i have is my data signal is weak. 1 bar. I should have full bars. What issue would this be.? Im brand new to the n4. Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

drmclove69

May 12, 2011
CO

This ROM seems to actually give me better signal I seem to get full bars pretty much everywhere I go. So smooth and fast

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: sk8oldschool74

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
Source:

github.com/orcaproject42

As for fixing permissions: If you having issues make sure before install you have wiped data/factory, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and then install and reboot. You should also install from TWRP and not Clockwork. If still feel you have an issue reboot fix permissions.

Cannot access Nav Bar in Pie? Make Sure Chevron's are on.

Credits,source and more information can be found at my site if you want to check it out.

PS: Signal, you should not have any issue with that if you do change kernels you may run into an issue. Upcoming builds have updated blobs and updated devices. Nexus 4 will improve based on that and I should a new build out tonight. Enjoy the current build version 1.0.3 will be up shortly with hardware updates. I am working on bringing in other updates as well.

v3rk

Jul 23, 2010

Sorry drew, but are you the fella who used to write kernels for the nexus s or was that Steve garen?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+ Builds - Orca Wave 2.2+

orca.png

The Orca Project is back with Orca Wave 2.2+. Based on Vanilla AOSP, AOKP, CM, and Paranoid with 4.2.2 and available on multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds and Release Candidate builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and orcaproject.co!

This rom is one of one of the more fully featured roms around currently. More and More Features are getting added in each nightly build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom. Each build is focused on being as stable as possible even with nightly builds.

Features: (Changing With Every Nightly Please See Changelog on Site or Latest Commits on Github)

* Android 4.2.2r1.2 Update
    * Orca Settings (Based off of AOKP RomControl)
    * Hybrid Settings (Paranoids)
    * HALO
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * Privacy Guard
    * CM Security Fix
    * Orca Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * LockClock
    * Ribbons
    * Statusbar Hide
    * Dark UI
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * Everything you can think of, we have it.
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, ROOT-BOX, CARBON, SLIM, XYLON, All credits can be found at Orcaproject.co. CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA 2.2+ MAKO DOWNLOADS ANDROID NIGHTLIES & RELEASE CANDIDATE
    http://orcaproject.co/The_Orca_Project_-_Android_Roms/Mako.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/mako
    GAPPS

DEVICE SOURCE
    GITHUB
    KERNEL
    CREDITS/ABOUT
    Source:

github.com/orcaproject42

As for fixing permissions: If you having issues make sure before install you have wiped data/factory, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and then install and reboot. You should also install from TWRP and not Clockwork. If still feel you have an issue reboot fix permissions.

Cannot access Nav Bar in Pie? Make Sure Chevron's are on.

Credits,source and more information can be found at my site if you want to check it out.

PS: Signal, you should not have any issue with that if you do change kernels you may run into an issue. Upcoming builds have updated blobs and updated devices. Nexus 4 will improve based on that and I should a new build out tonight. Enjoy the current build version 1.0.3 will be up shortly with hardware updates. I am working on bringing in other updates as well.
    Orca 2.2 took a while to get to the first nightly because there has been a lot of work put into it and nearly an overhaul of the entire ROM. Codename Bigfoot has been dropped for codename Wave. The first incremental nightly still needs a lot of work but its been a while and I wanted to push out what I had before I dove more into the larger portion of overhauling settings and orca tools and bringing more cm cherry picks. For now the first incremental looks pretty good but still more to come and more stability as well as this is just the first nightly of 2.2.0.

PS that white people may have had was from the status bar font size which has been removed for proper dp of icons.

Not if I add an option to use per app color or use color controls. Other yes the per app overrides that's why colors were taking out for pie and and is now per app but can be set in hybrid settings under app. Instead of bringing colors back I may just write a FAQ up at the website with screens and videos on how to do these things. Currently I'm on vacation I'll be back next Sunday and get back to release the new nightlies with tons of fixes and updates and updated orca settings.

Downloading! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You won't regret it. This ROM is extremely underrated, and deserves a lot more exposure on here. Been using it as my daily for a over a month and I don't see myself switching any time soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium