[Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

Search This thread

NSatya

Mar 29, 2013
My mobile Sony Xperia Neo L is not getting switched on. It got turned off on its own. My mobile was under the below explained situation before it stopped working.
1. I was getting alerts saying - LOW PHONE MEMORY IS AVAILABLE delete some data. It had 43 MB left in phone memory.
2. Memory card was also full the day before.
3. I was not able to install any applications.
4. Since I have activated the auto update for few applications like Whatsapp, google maps etc. For them also i used to get alerts saying - INSUFFICIENT STORAGE IS AVAIALABLE TO UPDATE the software.
5. I always keep Wi-Fi on in my mobile. (If any open Wi-Fi is available mobile will get updates)
6. Battery was more than 30% charged.

All of the above may be the reasons for software problem.

No time in the past phusical harm happened to the phone, Since i bought in 2012 August.
I had gone through Sony Support Center to repair, but still it didnt worked.
Could any one help me to solve the problem ?

NSatya

Mar 29, 2013
Through sony support center i had upated the OS. In fact my phone was having latest version of OS than what I had installed through Sony.

cherry676

Jan 16, 2013
Singapore
My mobile Sony Xperia Neo L is not getting switched on. It got turned off on its own. My mobile was under the below explained situation before it stopped working.
1. I was getting alerts saying - LOW PHONE MEMORY IS AVAILABLE delete some data. It had 43 MB left in phone memory.
2. Memory card was also full the day before.
3. I was not able to install any applications.
4. Since I have activated the auto update for few applications like Whatsapp, google maps etc. For them also i used to get alerts saying - INSUFFICIENT STORAGE IS AVAIALABLE TO UPDATE the software.
5. I always keep Wi-Fi on in my mobile. (If any open Wi-Fi is available mobile will get updates)
6. Battery was more than 30% charged.

All of the above may be the reasons for software problem.

No time in the past phusical harm happened to the phone, Since i bought in 2012 August.
I had gone through Sony Support Center to repair, but still it didnt worked.
Could any one help me to solve the problem ?

One last try you can give... Connect your phone to the charger and check if the led turns on.. Or else connect USB to the phone... While plugging it to the computer, hold the back button.... Check for the led light to turn GREEN... If this happens, then nothing wrong has happened to your phone.. Else no one can help you... PM me for further help..

NSatya

Mar 29, 2013
One last try you can give... Connect your phone to the charger and check if the led turns on.. Or else connect USB to the phone... While plugging it to the computer, hold the back button.... Check for the led light to turn GREEN... If this happens, then nothing wrong has happened to your phone.. Else no one can help you... PM me for further help..

I have done as you said, LED light turned green... If there is no problem, y it is not getting switch on ?
I really appreciate your response. :)

motorazrv3

Dec 30, 2011
Ruhrpott
AW: [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

I have done as you said, LED light turned green... If there is no problem, y it is not getting switch on ?

If led turns green than install flash tool to your PC, download latest ftf file for your phone and flash the ftf to your phone. But flash not whole rom parts, only flash kernel within that ftf.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: NSatya

NSatya

Mar 29, 2013
If led turns green than install flash tool to your PC, download latest ftf file for your phone and flash the ftf to your phone. But flash not whole rom parts, only flash kernel within that ftf.

Thanks for your reply, could you please provide the steps to do what you said..

sumitverma1

Oct 12, 2012
bargarh
OnePlus 8
If u from india then u can call me I can fix ur problem. Just dwnld flashtool and firmware of neo l then flash it

Sent from my MT25i using xda premium

Last edited:

cherry676

Jan 16, 2013
Singapore
Kindly provide the giudance, I am not in India now.. Explain the steps how to do..

it doesn't matters where you are... Download flashtool... Install it... Then you need a firmware file for your phone... Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047914.. Download whichever firmware file you want... .587 is recommended... If you want you can have .631 also... after downloading the .ftf file, place it in firmwares folder of the flashtool installed folder... open flashtool.. Click on lightning icon.. It will ask 'flashmode' or 'fastboot'.. select flashmode... Then select the .ftf which you placed now.. Uncheck 'no final verification' option... Then connect your phone to the PC by holding the back button on ur phone... After the flashing is finished, switch on your phone... its done..

ghennn

Jul 1, 2013

I have the same situation here and i tried the above but the green led light is not turning on. Does it mean there is something wrong with my phone? I do need help with this asap. Thank you in advance!

cherry676

Jan 16, 2013
Singapore
I have the same situation here and i tried the above but the green led light is not turning on. Does it mean there is something wrong with my phone? I do need help with this asap. Thank you in advance!

Switch off the phone.. Hold the "back" button and connect your phone to computer.. The LED should turn GREEN... It means that computer is recognising your phone.. Otherwise there might b some problem in the drivers or in the phone.. I cannot help you unless you can explain what you did before your phone entered into such state...

svahmeds

Aug 6, 2013
sony Xeperia neo L Mt 251 not turning on

If u from india then u can call me I can fix ur problem 9437256037. Just dwnld flashtool and firmware of neo l then flash it

Sent from my MT25i using xda premium

I really appreciate your response.

cherry676

Jan 16, 2013
Singapore
I really appreciate your response.

If LED is turning on, then its a good news that your phone is not dead. If nothing is getting displayed on the screen, then you might have fried up the internal circuitry. I have ended up with it. It cost me 25% of mobile's cost to get it repaired again.

svahmeds

Aug 6, 2013
i can't turn on my cell sony xeperia neo L mt251

If LED is turning on, then its a good news that your phone is not dead. If nothing is getting displayed on the screen, then you might have fried up the internal circuitry. I have ended up with it. It cost me 25% of mobile's cost to get it repaired again.

Hello
I can't turn my cell phone Sony Xeperia neo L MT251 please some on can help me

mohans26

Aug 6, 2013
Xperia Neo L bricked :(....

Hi All,

I think i have bricked my xperia neo l to a pretty bad shape.....Please help me ...

1)I rooted the phone sucessfully with the kit developed by DoomsLord
2)I installed the cwm recovery, took backup.
3)I did not flash the kernel but went ahead with the ICS revolution ROM Xperia NEO L:crying:
4)Installation of ICS went fine but the phone was stuck in the boot mode. Sony screen used to come and device used to boot......

Here is the stupid part..
5) I tried to go to recovery it didn`t work.. I thought maybe the kernel is a problem..I used the ICS kernel and flashed it.

Nothing works now...When i connect my cell to the laptop windows says device not recognized..I am trying to go to flashboot mode not working...Is there a way to fix it ? If yes please provide me any pointers...

Pippo Mandiri

Jun 8, 2013
Hi All,

I think i have bricked my xperia neo l to a pretty bad shape.....Please help me ...

1)I rooted the phone sucessfully with the kit developed by DoomsLord
2)I installed the cwm recovery, took backup.
3)I did not flash the kernel but went ahead with the ICS revolution ROM Xperia NEO L:crying:
4)Installation of ICS went fine but the phone was stuck in the boot mode. Sony screen used to come and device used to boot......

Here is the stupid part..
5) I tried to go to recovery it didn`t work.. I thought maybe the kernel is a problem..I used the ICS kernel and flashed it.

Nothing works now...When i connect my cell to the laptop windows says device not recognized..I am trying to go to flashboot mode not working...Is there a way to fix it ? If yes please provide me any pointers...

Dear friend.....

First,charge ur device at least 2hours....
When u charge ur phone,try to read carefully every step how install the custom rom u want....

After that...
-Flash full firmware via flashtool (flashmode)

Let ur phone on first...
And after ur phone works,its up to u maybe u want to continue another step to install custom rom u want....

But dont forget to flash the custom kernel recommended by the dev first before u do another step....

(flash custom kernel via fastboot)...
Hope it help and good luck.....

Sent from my MT25i using xda app-developers app

mohans26

Aug 6, 2013
well..

Thanks for the advice ..But Windows is not recognizing the phone..When i try to flash and go into flash mode ..Pressing the back button and connecting..The flash tool says device not connected

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AW: [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on