S Finder Emergency Update

Search This thread

imaleecher

Mar 29, 2011
Has anybody gotten this message/update? Is it safe to update with root?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403101552580.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403101552580.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 342

bally3

Aug 4, 2008
Tinternet
Update just seems strange and I couldn't find anything on the web.

Any news on this yet?

I've just had this flash up on my screen but cancelled it as it didn't look right.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Just checked and it shows in my task manager as a Samsung Apps notice but when I open the Samsung Apps app it disappeared and does not show in Notifications. Very strange, I would proceed with caution until you know for sure that it's an official update​

borgermeister

Jul 21, 2011
Still have the window up on my screen, not able to find any information on the matter online.:confused:

edit: Seems legit, since "Samsung Apps" is running the service/process (EUpdateService) (?)

Last edited:

Mightyshane

Jun 18, 2014
I too have this on galaxy s5 I've emailed Samsung support for advice will post their response.

rawrfische

Aug 6, 2011
California
I'm guessing it's legit. I cancelled it to check which version I currently have and it's 1.0. I went to the Samsung Apps app and found this. S Finder 1.3 ready to update.

uploadfromtaptalk1403117781769.jpg

If anything, I'll update from Samsung Apps instead of this emergency message thing.

Mightyshane

Jun 18, 2014
Just did the same as rawrfische took me from ver 1.0 to ver 2.2 don't seem to be getting pop-up anymore

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bally3

Aug 4, 2008
Tinternet
Ditto. Updated to 1.3 from Samsung apps. Got to say Samsung need to make these update messages a lot more clearly identified as coming from them than that update screen.

Thanks guys :good:

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
Funny thing is that I cannot find S Finder anywhere in my Apps drawer but i can access it by holding down the menu button. I am rooted but didn't freeze it. I hope that updating it doesn't affect root.

Mightyshane

Jun 18, 2014
How come everyone seems to be offered ver 1.3 not ver 2.2 as I was offered?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jframe7

May 20, 2014
S Finder Update

I *hope* this is the correction to the S Finder search issues that I've encountered since the kitkat update. I absolutely loved s finder because it could search both my phone and other apps, most importantly, Evernote, with a single menu button click. since the update to kitkat, it has no longer been able to search Evernote or any of the other apps. I have posted about this problem at least three forums for Android, as well as the Evernote forum, but have gotten no meaningful responses to date. Fingers crossed!

I'm on AT&T NOTE 3 un Maryland but have not gotten the update as yet. Anyone have any other info re rollout timing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm guessing it's legit. I cancelled it to check which version I currently have and it's 1.0. I went to the Samsung Apps app and found this. S Finder 1.3 ready to update.

uploadfromtaptalk1403117781769.jpg

If anything, I'll update from Samsung Apps instead of this emergency message thing.