Keyboard and mouse sharing with a Windows computer

Search This thread

Mada22009

Dec 27, 2012
Here's Mobizen spoon fed to you.

Install this on your Windows PC (Mac users, you're on your own)...

https://www.mobizen.com/?locale=en

Install these on your tablet...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.mvagent

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.rsperm.aa.second

Mobizen works over Wi-Fi or USB. USB's faster and works with the Samsung driver installed by Kies.

Follow the password set-up instructions and you'll get this...

Well thanks again for the application, very nice and very useful how ever it isn't what i am looking for....

I am looking to Use/share my PC's keyboard and mouse with the tablet, as in take the mouse from the computer screen and drag it to the tablet screen and use it there...

I edit different documents from different sources thus sharing the keyboard and mouse will help me do my work much faster and much more convenient instead of resorting to transefare the files from tablet to pc and vice verse.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Okay, just got an idea.

What if we edit build.prop and change ro.product.model for example to "SM-N9005", does the NP still work like it should even though model is faked to Note 3?

Just thinking if this tweak would make SideSync 3.0 PC program to think connected device is Note 3 instead of NP, and therefore mouse/keyboard sharing would work?

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
I know exactly what you are going for because I am too. Here is my post over in the Android App Dev thread.
Both ShareKM and Synergy have abandoned Android development according to their devs... Still looking for the holy grail.
Synergy allows me to connect and show the mouse and keyboard, but when I exit the connection phase, it quits.
I am wanting the Verizon Note Pro 12.2, so if this sharing of resources would work, it would be gravy on the top for me. :)

Reactions: flamadiddle

flamadiddle

Jan 17, 2011
Pensacola, FL
A great big "me too" here. I want/need to do the exact same thing. My requirements are a little more restrictive, however, as I want to be able to do this from a Linux laptop. I'll try any Windows-based solution though (maybe WINE will save the day).

Synergy would be perfect, but I've seen the same issue as previous posters. Control seems to transfer to the tablet, but there's no mouse or any response to key-presses. My SM-P900 (Wifi) is rooted.

I would gladly pay $50 for this functionality.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I found a solution that might work: Splashtop Extended Display HD

They actually have a streamer app for Ubuntu Linux which gets me unbearably close, yet still so far. The only problem is it will only mirror the main display. It won't extend it as promised. However, I tested it with Windows 7, and it works! My tablet is a "second monitor" for my PC!

For my third test, I'm going to try a Virtual Machine in seamless mode on my Linux machine. I'll let you know what I find.

Reactions: emtownsend

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
A great big "me too" here. I want/need to do the exact same thing. My requirements are a little more restrictive, however, as I want to be able to do this from a Linux laptop. I'll try any Windows-based solution though (maybe WINE will save the day).

Synergy would be perfect, but I've seen the same issue as previous posters. Control seems to transfer to the tablet, but there's no mouse or any response to key-presses. My SM-P900 (Wifi) is rooted.

I would gladly pay $50 for this functionality.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I found a solution that might work: Splashtop Extended Display HD

They actually have a streamer app for Ubuntu Linux which gets me unbearably close, yet still so far. The only problem is it will only mirror the main display. It won't extend it as promised. However, I tested it with Windows 7, and it works! My tablet is a "second monitor" for my PC!

For my third test, I'm going to try a Virtual Machine in seamless mode on my Linux machine. I'll let you know what I find.

Awesome. I can't wait to see how it goes!

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
I just tried Splashtop Extended Display HD but with OSX Yosemite I can't get the virtual driver installed so the product does not work... Bummer. Synergy was the perfect product in theory, too bad they are gone.
There is another in the Playstore called iDisplay, and another called AirDisplay but I didn't feel very brave to try them.

databoy2k

Apr 5, 2011
Okay, just got an idea.

What if we edit build.prop and change ro.product.model for example to "SM-N9005", does the NP still work like it should even though model is faked to Note 3?

Just thinking if this tweak would make SideSync 3.0 PC program to think connected device is Note 3 instead of NP, and therefore mouse/keyboard sharing would work?

Did you (or anyone else) try this? I'm looking to do the same to a Tab S, but I don't have it rooted yet (and am hesitant to do it until I know this works). I was also thinking of XPosed Per App Settings, if that would do it.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Did you (or anyone else) try this? I'm looking to do the same to a Tab S, but I don't have it rooted yet (and am hesitant to do it until I know this works). I was also thinking of XPosed Per App Settings, if that would do it.

Haven't tried this yet since didn't got need for this (and I totally forgot this whole thing)

databoy2k

Apr 5, 2011
Haven't tried this yet since didn't got need for this (and I totally forgot this whole thing)
I've asked in a few places about whether it works with no response. Apparently nobody has tried... I'm not keen to root unnecessarily (promised my sysadmin) but it seems like such a good solution.

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I've asked in a few places about whether it works with no response. Apparently nobody has tried... I'm not keen to root unnecessarily (promised my sysadmin) but it seems like such a good solution.

I tried changing ro.product. -name, -model and -device to match SM-N9005 Note 3 (Since my NP is P905). Only thing I got was SystemUI crash loop --> restore build.prop via ADB.

Didn't have time to try any other things yet.

flamadiddle

Jan 17, 2011
Pensacola, FL
Awesome. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Sorry for the delayed update. I haven't had much time to spend on this. The VM on Linux solution was a bust. However, Splashtop Extended Display should still work for anyone running Windows 7 natively. That just doesn't cut it for me :(.

I'm now working on booting Ubuntu on my tablet using Linux Deploy. If I'm able to make that work, I should be able to get Synergy going pretty simply. I'll report back if that works.

Kcake

May 16, 2012
Sorry for the delayed update. I haven't had much time to spend on this. The VM on Linux solution was a bust. However, Splashtop Extended Display should still work for anyone running Windows 7 natively. That just doesn't cut it for me :(.

I'm now working on booting Ubuntu on my tablet using Linux Deploy. If I'm able to make that work, I should be able to get Synergy going pretty simply. I'll report back if that works.

Use 'Complete Linux installer' installation is a breeze as long as you have the right kernel (Check bonezz kernel in the android development thread) I use my note pro as a laptop right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flamadiddle

Jan 17, 2011
Pensacola, FL
Use 'Complete Linux installer' installation is a breeze as long as you have the right kernel (Check bonezz kernel in the android development thread) I use my note pro as a laptop right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Complete Linux Installer was actually my first choice as I've used it before. However, the project appears completely abandoned. There's supposedly a "new team" that took over development in July, but there has been no activity since then. The lastest version of Ubuntu that CLI supported was 13.10, which is no longer supported by Canonical, and I couldn't get it to work anyway. Lots and lots of errors.

I'm very close to a working solution with Linux Deploy. I'm able to install Ubuntu 14.04, boot it, and VNC into it, but I can't do anything that requires root permissions (like installing Synergy). Getting an error on that. I'm going to open an issue on their forum. I'll report back if I'm able to get it working.

Reactions: sefrcoko

flamadiddle

Jan 17, 2011
Pensacola, FL
My Working (almost ideal) Setup!

I finally have a setup I'm satisfied with. It was quite a bit of work, and it may not be worth it to some people, but just in case it is, here's how I did it.

I simply could not get anything to work on the stock ROM. Even with root, I was constantly running into permissions issues, which I believe were related to KNOX/SELinux. What finally worked for me was to completely wipe out the stock ROM and install CM12. The unofficial CM12 port for the Galaxy Note Pro is amazingly stable.

First a few caveats:

• I am not an Android developer. I make no guarantee these instructions will work for you. I'm just sharing what worked for me in the hope it will help someone. I'm not responsible for bricked devices.
  • All the instructions below are for the SM-P900 (wifi-only version) ONLY. You will need to find the right versions of CF Auto-Root and TWRP on your own if using a different device.
  • This will void your warranty several times over (obviously). Proceed only if you are comfortable with that fact.
  • With these steps, you will lose multi-window support, all of Samsung's "S" and TouchWiz apps, and S-Pen button support (the pen itself still works fine and shows a cursor when hovering just like stock - just no response to button presses). I'm completely fine with the first two, and only slightly miss the S-Pen button support.
  • You will also gain the most up-to-date, closest to plain-vanilla Android experience available for the Galaxy Note Pro.

I probably went into way more detail than any of you needs, but I figured it'd be better to have too much information than too little.

0. Get Drivers
Download the official Samsung USB drivers and install them: http://d-h.st/QJKA

1. Root
I don't think this step is really needed, but it's the only way you can backup your apps (with Titanium Backup) before wiping. So do this first if you want to have backups.

1. Download the CF Auto-Root file for your device (and unzip it somewhere): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235
  2. Download Odin (and unzip it somewhere): http://d-h.st/85j
  3. Power down your tablet.
  4. Power on in download mode.
    1. Hold down the VolumeDown button.
    2. Without letting go of the VolumeDown button, press the Power button until you see a prompt to continue.
    3. Press VolumeUp to proceed. You should now see the Download screen.
  5. Connect your tablet to your computer via USB.
    1. Wait for Windows to setup your table with the right drivers.
    2. Do not proceed if there are any errors installing drivers.
  6. Right-click the Odin executable and click "Run as Administrator".
  7. Make sure your tablet shows up in one of the slots.
  8. Click the AP button and open the .tar.md5 file from the unzipped CF Auto-Root file.
  9. Click Start.
  10. Wait until the status display says "SUCCESS".
  11. Backup what you need with Titanium Backup.

2. TWRP
In order to install CM12, you need TWRP.

1. Download the Odin-flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 file: http://www.techerrata.com/file/twrp2/v1awifi/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.1.1-v1awifi.img.tar
    1. I had issues with 2.8.3.0 and 2.8.0.0 (it would crash when wiping internal data). Everything worked the first time with 2.8.1.1.
  2. Flash the .tar file in Odin exactly the same way as CF Auto-Root above EXCEPT: Uncheck Auto Reboot
  3. When Odin is finished, hold the Power button down until the screen goes blank.
  4. Boot into recovery.
    1. Hold down the VolumeUp button.
    2. Without letting go of the VolumeUp button, press the Power button until you see the Galaxy Note Pro logo screen.
    3. The next thing you should see is TWRP. If not, your changes will be reverted by the stock ROM and you need to flash TWRP again.
  5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
  6. Reboot into the system and make sure everything's ok.

3. CM12
  1. Download CM12 (link is for 20150104 build): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5OTVHbzVZaDRPU1E/view?usp=sharing (md5: ba357fdec7590ef109d6e2a24bca5cd8)
  2. Download Gapps (optional): http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900
  3. Download SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/641/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
  4. Copy all files to your SD card or USB OTG drive.
  5. Boot your tablet into recovery.
  6. Wipe everything except External SD and USB OTG (advanced wipe).
  7. Install the CM12 zip, and add Gapps (optional) and SuperSU via the Add Zips button.
  8. Boot up into an amazing ROM!

4. Linux Deploy
Now comes the part we really should have been able to start with. This will install a full Linux desktop environment on your tablet by chrooting to a loop device. It's not running a full Virtual Machine separate from Android. It's running Linux inside Android, which allows it to be much more efficient.

1. Install Linux Deploy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
  2. Launch it.
  3. Press the Download button near the top-right (down arrow going into a shallow box).
  4. Enter these settings:
    • Distribution: Ubuntu
    • Distribution suite: utopic
    • Architecture: armhf
    • Installation type: File
    • Installation path: Whatever you like, I put in '/storage/sdcard1/ubuntu/ubuntu.img'
    • Image size (MB): I put 8000 because I have plenty of space and wanted some wiggle room, but the finished product takes up less than 1GB on my tablet, so you might be fine with just 2000MB. "Auto" did not work for me.
    • File System: ext4
    • User name: whatever you want
    • Desktop environment: Your choice. I liked LXDE the best (very light-weight).
    • Graphics subsystem: VNC
    • GUI Settings:
      • Depth (bits): 24
      • DPI: 124
      • Width: 1280
      • Height: 800
    • Press Install (at the top of the settings list).
  5. Wait a long time and everything should work. You should see "<<< end: install" with no error messages above it.
  6. Press Start near the top-right.
  7. Wait a few seconds and you should see "<<< end: start" with no error messages above it.
  8. Now you're ready to connect to your Linux desktop!

5. VNC
Next you need to install a VNC client. I tried a bunch. I was looking for three main things:

1. Essential: Must show remote cursor (we'll be sharing the mouse/keyboard via Synergy - not using it from the tablet).
  2. High quality, no compression, graphics. There's no network lag to worry about, usual VNC compression will only create lag.
  3. Full Screen capability. I didn't want the Android Status bar taking up screen space.

I chose Desktop VNC - Remote Display. You might find a better one.

1. Install Desktop VNC - Remote Display: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reka.vnchid.ui
  2. Open Desktop VNC
  3. Press Create new profile and enter these settings:
    1. Operating System: Linux
    2. IP Address: localhost
    3. Password: changeme
    4. Profile name: Ubuntu
  4. Press Save
  5. Press Ubuntu
  6. You're in!

Tapping the screen left clicks exactly where you tap. You can swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up other mouse options. Be careful to start your swipe just below the top of the screen so that you don't just show the Android Status Bar. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up keyboard input options.

6. Synergy
You need to install Synergy on your tablet's Linux desktop to share the keyboard and mouse from your host computer and make it like a second display. You'll first need to install Synergy on the computer you will be sharing your keyboard and mouse from (server). Synergy is free software available for every major desktop OS. They've started charging for downloads ($10 once per person, free forever thereafter), but you can find them hosted elsewhere if you really don't want to support the developer (it is AMAZING software).

Configure your server to put 'galaxynotepro' where you'll be placing your tablet relative to the host computer.

1. Click the Menu button at the bottom left of the screen (it's the button with the LXDE logo).
  2. Go to Accessories --> LXTerminal.
  3. Bring up your keyboard by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
  4. Enter:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synergy
  5. Enter 'Y' if asked to continue.
  6. When finished, close the terminal and go to Menu --> Accessories --> Synergy.
  7. Choose Client (Add to existing setup), and click Next.
  8. Click Edit --> Settings.
    • Check Automatically start server/client.
    • Screen name: galaxynotepro
    • OK
  9. Enter Server IP: Enter the IP address of the computer you will be sharing your keyboard and mouse from.
  10. Click Start.
  11. Enjoy your second screen!

To get the VNC client cursor out of the way, I just tap on the far-right edge of the screen, which hides it well enough.

I have few requirements for the second screen. All I really need is a browser, a text editor, and a terminal. LXDE already provides the text editor (Leafpad) and terminal (LXTerminal). I installed Chromium:
Code:
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

You can install any software via the Terminal and apt-get. If you want a graphical package manager, you can install Synaptic:
Code:
sudo apt-get install synaptic

If you want a media player, I'd suggest VLC:
Code:
sudo apt-get install vlc

7. DONE! (almost)
I've attached a screenshot of my finished setup. I was surprised, but performance with VNC is decent. It's certainly acceptable to me for basic web browsing and text editing and is much faster than any of the Android apps I tried (like Splashtop). However, it's not sufficient for video playback or really anything beyond static graphics and text.

The holy grail of this setup would be to display the GUI via FrameBuffer; no VLC client and no lag whatsoever. However, you need a custom kernel with VT/FB support to do that. I haven't found one stable enough to use yet, and I'm too scared to compile my own. I'll post another howto if I find a VT/FB kernel.

Hope this helps somebody!

Attachments

• linux_screenshot.jpg
    linux_screenshot.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Reactions: smirchad and md2an

nxs101

Apr 16, 2015
IOGear KeyShare

I am using this one with my Galaxy NotePro 12.2:

the-gadgeteer.com/2014/12/01/keyshair-bluetooth-keyboardmouse-sharing-adapter-review

It works nicely and up to 4 android/IOs devices can be connected with a windows PC or Mac (unfortunately no linux support).
The only thing, I miss, is that no copy&paste from Android/iOS to Windows/MacOS is possible but only the other way around (from Windows/MacOS to Android/iOS)
Moreover, it is a little bit expensive (ca. 65Euro including the bluetooth stick for the PC) but works pretty well!

cheers,
nxs101

Reactions: firefly6240

smirchad

Nov 22, 2015
Thank you! you are the best xD

@flamadiddleI was tired of looking for a solution to this and i fund this, Worked perfectly! so, thanks a lot! :) (my phone was broken screen and lost most of his touch area) :good::good::good::laugh:

Last edited:

firefly6240

Jan 8, 2010
Brookshire TX
Sorry I'm essentially bumping an old thread but I thought I would share that the app DeskDock does this and works amazingly and is very easy to set up, especially if you already use adb.
just download the app from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.deskdock.free&hl=en
(Note that the pro version is required to use your keyboard, the free version only shares the mouse)
then download the computer (Windows, MAC and Linux supported) server from here: http://fdmobileinventions.blogspot.com/p/deskdock-server.html

note that you will need usb debugging enabled, ADB drivers and ADB installed for this to work.

once you are set up you can use the computer server options to arrange where your tablet is in relation to the monitors and then you just move your mouse offscreen like you would move to a secondary display.
I actually use this at work with my tablet below and between my two physical monitors and my phone to the left on a dock.

Reactions: inspron and habb55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I'm essentially bumping an old thread but I thought I would share that the app DeskDock does this and works amazingly and is very easy to set up, especially if you already use adb.
    just download the app from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.deskdock.free&hl=en
    (Note that the pro version is required to use your keyboard, the free version only shares the mouse)
    then download the computer (Windows, MAC and Linux supported) server from here: http://fdmobileinventions.blogspot.com/p/deskdock-server.html

note that you will need usb debugging enabled, ADB drivers and ADB installed for this to work.

once you are set up you can use the computer server options to arrange where your tablet is in relation to the monitors and then you just move your mouse offscreen like you would move to a secondary display.
    I actually use this at work with my tablet below and between my two physical monitors and my phone to the left on a dock.
    My Working (almost ideal) Setup!

I finally have a setup I'm satisfied with. It was quite a bit of work, and it may not be worth it to some people, but just in case it is, here's how I did it.

I simply could not get anything to work on the stock ROM. Even with root, I was constantly running into permissions issues, which I believe were related to KNOX/SELinux. What finally worked for me was to completely wipe out the stock ROM and install CM12. The unofficial CM12 port for the Galaxy Note Pro is amazingly stable.

First a few caveats:

• I am not an Android developer. I make no guarantee these instructions will work for you. I'm just sharing what worked for me in the hope it will help someone. I'm not responsible for bricked devices.
    • All the instructions below are for the SM-P900 (wifi-only version) ONLY. You will need to find the right versions of CF Auto-Root and TWRP on your own if using a different device.
    • This will void your warranty several times over (obviously). Proceed only if you are comfortable with that fact.
    • With these steps, you will lose multi-window support, all of Samsung's "S" and TouchWiz apps, and S-Pen button support (the pen itself still works fine and shows a cursor when hovering just like stock - just no response to button presses). I'm completely fine with the first two, and only slightly miss the S-Pen button support.
    • You will also gain the most up-to-date, closest to plain-vanilla Android experience available for the Galaxy Note Pro.

I probably went into way more detail than any of you needs, but I figured it'd be better to have too much information than too little.

0. Get Drivers
    Download the official Samsung USB drivers and install them: http://d-h.st/QJKA

1. Root
    I don't think this step is really needed, but it's the only way you can backup your apps (with Titanium Backup) before wiping. So do this first if you want to have backups.

1. Download the CF Auto-Root file for your device (and unzip it somewhere): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235
    2. Download Odin (and unzip it somewhere): http://d-h.st/85j
    3. Power down your tablet.
    4. Power on in download mode.
      1. Hold down the VolumeDown button.
      2. Without letting go of the VolumeDown button, press the Power button until you see a prompt to continue.
      3. Press VolumeUp to proceed. You should now see the Download screen.
    5. Connect your tablet to your computer via USB.
      1. Wait for Windows to setup your table with the right drivers.
      2. Do not proceed if there are any errors installing drivers.
    6. Right-click the Odin executable and click "Run as Administrator".
    7. Make sure your tablet shows up in one of the slots.
    8. Click the AP button and open the .tar.md5 file from the unzipped CF Auto-Root file.
    9. Click Start.
    10. Wait until the status display says "SUCCESS".
    11. Backup what you need with Titanium Backup.

2. TWRP
    In order to install CM12, you need TWRP.

1. Download the Odin-flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 file: http://www.techerrata.com/file/twrp2/v1awifi/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.1.1-v1awifi.img.tar
      1. I had issues with 2.8.3.0 and 2.8.0.0 (it would crash when wiping internal data). Everything worked the first time with 2.8.1.1.
    2. Flash the .tar file in Odin exactly the same way as CF Auto-Root above EXCEPT: Uncheck Auto Reboot
    3. When Odin is finished, hold the Power button down until the screen goes blank.
    4. Boot into recovery.
      1. Hold down the VolumeUp button.
      2. Without letting go of the VolumeUp button, press the Power button until you see the Galaxy Note Pro logo screen.
      3. The next thing you should see is TWRP. If not, your changes will be reverted by the stock ROM and you need to flash TWRP again.
    5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
    6. Reboot into the system and make sure everything's ok.

3. CM12
    1. Download CM12 (link is for 20150104 build): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6nm7Jks0W5OTVHbzVZaDRPU1E/view?usp=sharing (md5: ba357fdec7590ef109d6e2a24bca5cd8)
    2. Download Gapps (optional): http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900
    3. Download SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/641/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
    4. Copy all files to your SD card or USB OTG drive.
    5. Boot your tablet into recovery.
    6. Wipe everything except External SD and USB OTG (advanced wipe).
    7. Install the CM12 zip, and add Gapps (optional) and SuperSU via the Add Zips button.
    8. Boot up into an amazing ROM!

4. Linux Deploy
    Now comes the part we really should have been able to start with. This will install a full Linux desktop environment on your tablet by chrooting to a loop device. It's not running a full Virtual Machine separate from Android. It's running Linux inside Android, which allows it to be much more efficient.

1. Install Linux Deploy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
    2. Launch it.
    3. Press the Download button near the top-right (down arrow going into a shallow box).
    4. Enter these settings:
      • Distribution: Ubuntu
      • Distribution suite: utopic
      • Architecture: armhf
      • Installation type: File
      • Installation path: Whatever you like, I put in '/storage/sdcard1/ubuntu/ubuntu.img'
      • Image size (MB): I put 8000 because I have plenty of space and wanted some wiggle room, but the finished product takes up less than 1GB on my tablet, so you might be fine with just 2000MB. "Auto" did not work for me.
      • File System: ext4
      • User name: whatever you want
      • Desktop environment: Your choice. I liked LXDE the best (very light-weight).
      • Graphics subsystem: VNC
      • GUI Settings:
        • Depth (bits): 24
        • DPI: 124
        • Width: 1280
        • Height: 800
      • Press Install (at the top of the settings list).
    5. Wait a long time and everything should work. You should see "<<< end: install" with no error messages above it.
    6. Press Start near the top-right.
    7. Wait a few seconds and you should see "<<< end: start" with no error messages above it.
    8. Now you're ready to connect to your Linux desktop!

5. VNC
    Next you need to install a VNC client. I tried a bunch. I was looking for three main things:

1. Essential: Must show remote cursor (we'll be sharing the mouse/keyboard via Synergy - not using it from the tablet).
    2. High quality, no compression, graphics. There's no network lag to worry about, usual VNC compression will only create lag.
    3. Full Screen capability. I didn't want the Android Status bar taking up screen space.

I chose Desktop VNC - Remote Display. You might find a better one.

1. Install Desktop VNC - Remote Display: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reka.vnchid.ui
    2. Open Desktop VNC
    3. Press Create new profile and enter these settings:
      1. Operating System: Linux
      2. IP Address: localhost
      3. Password: changeme
      4. Profile name: Ubuntu
    4. Press Save
    5. Press Ubuntu
    6. You're in!

Tapping the screen left clicks exactly where you tap. You can swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up other mouse options. Be careful to start your swipe just below the top of the screen so that you don't just show the Android Status Bar. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up keyboard input options.

6. Synergy
    You need to install Synergy on your tablet's Linux desktop to share the keyboard and mouse from your host computer and make it like a second display. You'll first need to install Synergy on the computer you will be sharing your keyboard and mouse from (server). Synergy is free software available for every major desktop OS. They've started charging for downloads ($10 once per person, free forever thereafter), but you can find them hosted elsewhere if you really don't want to support the developer (it is AMAZING software).

Configure your server to put 'galaxynotepro' where you'll be placing your tablet relative to the host computer.

1. Click the Menu button at the bottom left of the screen (it's the button with the LXDE logo).
    2. Go to Accessories --> LXTerminal.
    3. Bring up your keyboard by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
    4. Enter:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install synergy
    5. Enter 'Y' if asked to continue.
    6. When finished, close the terminal and go to Menu --> Accessories --> Synergy.
    7. Choose Client (Add to existing setup), and click Next.
    8. Click Edit --> Settings.
      • Check Automatically start server/client.
      • Screen name: galaxynotepro
      • OK
    9. Enter Server IP: Enter the IP address of the computer you will be sharing your keyboard and mouse from.
    10. Click Start.
    11. Enjoy your second screen!

To get the VNC client cursor out of the way, I just tap on the far-right edge of the screen, which hides it well enough.

I have few requirements for the second screen. All I really need is a browser, a text editor, and a terminal. LXDE already provides the text editor (Leafpad) and terminal (LXTerminal). I installed Chromium:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

You can install any software via the Terminal and apt-get. If you want a graphical package manager, you can install Synaptic:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic

If you want a media player, I'd suggest VLC:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install vlc

7. DONE! (almost)
    I've attached a screenshot of my finished setup. I was surprised, but performance with VNC is decent. It's certainly acceptable to me for basic web browsing and text editing and is much faster than any of the Android apps I tried (like Splashtop). However, it's not sufficient for video playback or really anything beyond static graphics and text.

The holy grail of this setup would be to display the GUI via FrameBuffer; no VLC client and no lag whatsoever. However, you need a custom kernel with VT/FB support to do that. I haven't found one stable enough to use yet, and I'm too scared to compile my own. I'll post another howto if I find a VT/FB kernel.

Hope this helps somebody!

I tried changing ro.product. -name, -model and -device to match SM-N9005 Note 3 (Since my NP is P905). Only thing I got was SystemUI crash loop --> restore build.prop via ADB.

Didn't have time to try any other things yet.
    TeamViewer to your PC and QuickSupport to Android device can do the job
    well thank you so much for the tool it seems very useful, however it is not what i was looking for, you can refer to the video i posted for a clearer idea of what i require.

thank you so much and really appreciate the help.

So if you want your Note to be like "extra monitor" I can't tell you any apps. Apps I linked earlied was to get tablet screen shown on PC and that way you can use mouse & keyboard on your device. To do kinda this.