[q] [lg-e980] bricked super hard!! Please help!!!

Search This thread

ewrecc

Dec 3, 2013
Richmond
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Damnit.. I've been flashing hundreds of ROMs since I got this phone without any problems since I always had a backup of the previous ROM I flashed.. so I ended up in a bootloop so I used the FlashTool to flash the TOT and DLL files.. and I went ahead and rooted, atempted to unlock the bootloader and a couple times I was still able to get it back up to stock.. but this time it wont even power on.. no DL mode.. no Recovery.. no Hard Reset.. no nothin... is there anything I can try before I take it back to AT$T for a replacment??? Im in the process of DL'n R&D Test Tool and the Korean .kdz file since the ATT zip file someone had posted is actually a zip file.. ugh.. Im hoping to atleast get the Korean up n running and try to work from there... damnit.. Any help... Anyone??? :(

syngamer96

Feb 4, 2011
Singapore
I had a soft brick on my E988 today and it kept going into recovery so I googled and got a file called exit recovery.zip that supposedly helps. Flashed and it died just like yours. Total hard brick. I think we both have to get it replaced. Sad thing about mine is it was the last piece when I bought it 4 days ago.

ewrecc

Dec 3, 2013
Richmond
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Same my ploblem but different model which rom is you flash last you stuck on logo or nothing happened

IT WAS THE FACTORY DLL AND TOT USED ON LGFLASHTOOLS!!! IT does nothing but flash the back and menu button when plugged into computer or wall charger.. AT&T wants to charge me $200 when I bought it for $.99.... and it back on sell for $.99 NOW!!!.. but I used my upgrade on this phone... UGH!!!!! bastards... obviously they dont know I rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed roms and they arent gonna know... but it does have some noticable dings and a F*ed up crack on the screen.. I've complained to AT&T, LG, and Asurion which is AT&T insurance...

BUT!!! I think I might have found the answer!!! So when I plug phone into computer it reads as QHUSB_DLOAD... so I searched and searched... and like ALWAYS ***GOOGLE*** sent me an angel from heaven!!! lol.. well i hope so... I will post more when I figure out if it works or not.. I had to re DL the TOT files since I forgot where I stored them lol about another hr and I have been at this for about 20 hrs so Im gonna go get some sleep.. and Im a hard sleeper so I probably wont wake up till ALOT later today... but xda will be the first to hear about it!!! zZzZzZzZ...

:DRoot, unlock and flash?? WTF is that???:p;)

ewrecc

Dec 3, 2013
Richmond
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Ya my idea didn't work.. Damnit I miss that phone... So can I make my own JTAG? Or how can I get this resolved? As cheap and as quickly as possible??

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

ewrecc

Dec 3, 2013
Richmond
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Qhusb_dload is what every phone I've hard bricked says.. Samsung galaxy s3 mini, Samsung infuse and my lgogp... I saw someone put the entire phone's OS on an SD card and it worked!! Is that something I could try with any of these phone? I think it was done on a galaxy s3 on YouTube...

Daved+

May 25, 2008
Qhusb_dload is what every phone I've hard bricked says.. Samsung galaxy s3 mini, Samsung infuse and my lgogp... I saw someone put the entire phone's OS on an SD card and it worked!! Is that something I could try with any of these phone? I think it was done on a galaxy s3 on YouTube...

We can say it's on every phone with a qualcomm chipset.

AFAIK there is no way to boot the GPro from a sd card.

You need to get your phone jtag'd.

tillicollide

Mar 12, 2013
dubai
back to unroot

Damnit.. I've been flashing hundreds of ROMs since I got this phone without any problems since I always had a backup of the previous ROM I flashed.. so I ended up in a bootloop so I used the FlashTool to flash the TOT and DLL files.. and I went ahead and rooted, atempted to unlock the bootloader and a couple times I was still able to get it back up to stock.. but this time it wont even power on.. no DL mode.. no Recovery.. no Hard Reset.. no nothin... is there anything I can try before I take it back to AT$T for a replacment??? Im in the process of DL'n R&D Test Tool and the Korean .kdz file since the ATT zip file someone had posted is actually a zip file.. ugh.. Im hoping to atleast get the Korean up n running and try to work from there... damnit.. Any help... Anyone??? :(

follow this method word to word i did to unroot and works perfectly fine for my international E988:highfive:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388440

ewrecc

Dec 3, 2013
Richmond
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Yes it is! What I used was a cmd tool built for the optimus g (not pro). I've given up.. Only option is to JTAG it. With tax return coming soon that's what I'm going to invest in =)

calitiskirby@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013
didnt know this can brick the g pro.i thought having a backup and knowing how to use the flashtool will do all the trick.ive done this so many times (flashing of roms/flashing back to stock using lg flashtool) i cant actually remember.but after reading this post i feel a little scared now.specialy not only one person had the problem,there are others with the e988 like mine :eek:

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
I had the same issues. Use FreeGee and got the recovery bootloop. From there I tried everything. After a reboot got nothing. Just like the rest. I sent my phone out for JTAG and a week later it was back in my hands fully operational. The guy who did it was named Joe over at brickedmyphone (dot) com. not trying to advertise for them or anything. But for $50 I was able to get my phone out and back in 7 days fully operational. It wasnt a bad price either. I contacted Joe up front asking questions on if JTAG would work and he thought so as well. If JTAG doesnt take, he will refund the price minus shipping costs back. So really you got nothing to lose.

I can say that I was happy. He got my phone and JTAG it the same day. Sent me pics of it operational and everything. I was able to verify it was mine by the IMEI in one of the pics he sent. He sent it out that day and I would have had it back in 6 days but there was a Sunday involved.

Reactions: ewrecc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On this phone, QHUSB_DLOAD means you need to get it jtag'd as the needed files to recovery it with QPST tools are not available.
    I had the same issues. Use FreeGee and got the recovery bootloop. From there I tried everything. After a reboot got nothing. Just like the rest. I sent my phone out for JTAG and a week later it was back in my hands fully operational. The guy who did it was named Joe over at brickedmyphone (dot) com. not trying to advertise for them or anything. But for $50 I was able to get my phone out and back in 7 days fully operational. It wasnt a bad price either. I contacted Joe up front asking questions on if JTAG would work and he thought so as well. If JTAG doesnt take, he will refund the price minus shipping costs back. So really you got nothing to lose.

I can say that I was happy. He got my phone and JTAG it the same day. Sent me pics of it operational and everything. I was able to verify it was mine by the IMEI in one of the pics he sent. He sent it out that day and I would have had it back in 6 days but there was a Sunday involved.