Vodafone Branded Upgrade - Crraaasshhhh!

Search This thread

VodaVictim

Dec 13, 2007
Hi Everyone.

Having exhausted the official avenue of enquiry with Palm, I'm turning to you to help me upgrade my Treo 750V, locked to a Vodafone SIM, to Windows 6.0mobile because a) I'd like the speed, b) I'd like my ringer to work, c) I want the latest.

I got my updater off the Palm site, did I as was told to the letter. Upgrade stalled having copied files / just sat there at the "executing upgrade screen" then announced upgrade failed and advised soft reset and try again. I tried again. And again. And again. I have better things to do.

Contacted Palm support. I swear they didn't read the mail - only answered it. I worked with them though and, eventually, everything went quite for a few days. Today, I had a mail advising me to download another updater (they provided a new serial number. Got it. They also told me to run the recovery tool but, are you listening Palm, :mad: MY PHONE DOES NOT STALL! IT JUST DOESN'T GET TO THE END OF THE UPGRADE. YOUR WEBSITE TELLS ME ONLY TO RUN THE RECOVERY TOOL IF THE PHONE STALLS AFTER UPGRADE!!!!:mad:

I ran the new updater. Same issue. It copies files, sits there for twenty seconds doing nothing, then fails. Phone gets to the colour band screen but that's it. Game over after that.

I tried your flashing soloution off a FAT32 SD card - that doesn't work for me either. I'm not a dummy, honest - WTF I'm I doing wrong?

Vista Vaio with mobile device manager on the PC which connects and syncs fine. No hack or crap on the 'phone.

Help me please before I sledge my Treo to fragments and get a couple of cans and a bit of wet string!

VodaVictim

Dec 13, 2007
Upgrade accomplished.

Sorry to be replying to my own post - I've sorted this issue out now. Please see my later post - CHEEIMG issue - Sorted