[ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11

Search This thread

ShotgunSam

Dec 12, 2010
Huntsville
Can someone point me to a working CWM recovery please?

The one from JT doesn't go back and is so d*mn frustrating!

Is this one from imnuts the one everyone is using????
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112804

I am trying to migrate from a Nexus one (am used to Amon's recovery) over to the Charge and would appreciate the help, thanks.

Not that your post really fits the original topic, but scroll through all the menu options 2-3 times and your go back option magically appear.

mypantsaretorn

Oct 7, 2006
I'm getting acore force closes and I'm having issues with my contacts not completely syncing sun. Yes I wiped before flashing...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010

MtnDewMan

Jul 14, 2010
Love the rom but can't set notification sounds on apps. Apps stop responding and require a force close.

Also the badge icon overlay in the status bar covers the entire app icon there (upper left notification area). Stock badge icon was properly sized.

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Love the rom but can't set notification sounds on apps. Apps stop responding and require a force close.

Also the badge icon overlay in the status bar covers the entire app icon there (upper left notification area). Stock badge icon was properly sized.

Little confused with both issues... What badge Icon? Can you post a screenshot?

And can you give me an example of an app you are trying to set notification sounds for?

MtnDewMan

Jul 14, 2010
Little confused with both issues... What badge Icon? Can you post a screenshot?

And can you give me an example of an app you are trying to set notification sounds for?

I'll get a screenshot for sure. Buts the red badge with the number on itbtelling you how many items came in. Such as 5 tweets which would be the number 5 on a red badge on the lower right of the notification icon. That red badge is too large. Covers the entire icon.

Regarding the sound. Seems to happen in any app when selecting a notification sound that resides on the external sd card. Doesn't appear to have problems if selecting a sound that comes with the rom.

avid.aria

Aug 24, 2010
NYC
Just wanted to point that the pop up massages on a black screen don't show the text,

like if you choose handcent sms black theme and try to delete a message then you don't see the popup texts ...

Thanks for the great ROM anyways,

kejar31

May 24, 2010
OK for people having issues with some videos and Quadrant I posted a fix under updates in the OP.. Just install the update in CWM

kejar31

May 24, 2010
Just wanted to point that the pop up massages on a black screen don't show the text,

like if you choose handcent sms black theme and try to delete a message then you don't see the popup texts ...

Thanks for the great ROM anyways,

Humm ok will look into it although I was aware that some of the colours still need some work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

gummyfe1.png

Notes:
    Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

* The first boot after install GummyCharged will take a while at both the Samsung logo and the bootsplash. Give it a couple of minutes

*** Choose your own Gummy Flavor --- see second Post to download GummyThemes

No need to wipe if you are coming from 1.8.1 or 1.8.5 this time :)

1.9.1 Is a minor update to resolve some theme inconstancy's and issues.. If you are on 1.9 there is no real need to upgrade but either-way if you do no wipe would be necessary

TeamGummy
    Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
    Dev - syaoran12
    Official Themer - gunnermike53

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
    DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing

Credits:
    IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - New Base built on top of EE4
    - The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
    - Latest Market included
    - Black Gtalk – themed by me
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - All apps optimized and zip aligned

More to come...

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
    I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
    MD5SUM
    0c211c7808f7dfac7667b30d3b49639b
    GummyChargedFE 1.9.1

Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM This is a full Odin and will wipe all user data.. It will also complete the lagfix by converting you system to EXT4 on first boot.

Updates:

Updated Market and Gmail

Tweaks update... This should hopefully help with people having redraw issues on some launchers...
    Also included is two version one the has LogCat turned off and one that is turned on.. If you are not a developer there is no reason to have logcats on and having them off does remove the extra unneeded I/O

Tweaks Update logcat on
    Tweaks Update logcat off

Addons:
    PuzzleLock

Change Log:

-Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
    *Remeoved the location icon
    *Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
    *Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
    *removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
    *tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
    -Removed
    *MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
    *Media Hub
    *DLNA
    *CM6's Filemanager
    *CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
    -Added
    *Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
    *CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
    *Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
    *Terminal Emulator
    *Gummy Toolbox*******
    -Fixed
    *Email issues
    *FC on contact deletes
    *USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
    *Much more to com from the toolbox down the road :)
    *Remove and add Adblocking

-Tweaked Theme
    *Dialer tab tweak - creadit thefunkbot
    *Fixed landscape dialer theme
    *Cleaned up the Phone incall theme
    -Removed
    *TW VideoPlayer
    *misc uneeded apk's in the apps folder
    -Updated/Fixed
    *Gallery3D - fixed sensor leak and video playback
    *Contacts - fixed FC on delete properly this time
    *Calendar - fix FC on access Calendars
    *Terminal Emulator - updated to the one built in CM6
    *Gummy Toolbox*******
    -Added
    *Imoseyon Tweaks - sysctl, SD card read ahead, swap file

-Toolbox updates
    *Added TW Calculator to the install options
    *Added TW VideoPlayer to the install options

*fixed camera
    *fixed swype

*Updated Swype themes
    *Added Reboot Option (recovery + Download) - credit syaoran12

*Added AOSP Browser
    *Added New Market
    *Complete revamped theme and all GummyThemes
    *Added Gummypapers
    *Backup assistant completely removed from contacts

*Fixed misc theme issues across the overall theme
    *Removed AM/PM from the status-bar clock

Install:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
    -reboot

Install Themes:
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Accessing the Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
    -Type "gummytoolbox"

Update Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
    -Type "updatetb"

Twitter:
    Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:
    Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers!
    GummyThemes

Gummy Themes are available from within the GummyToolbox... Here is the How to on installing GummyThemes

If you are on GummyCharged 1.8.1 or 1.8 you will need to update your the GummyToolbox... Heres how

GummyPink

gummypink1.png
    gummypink2.png

GummyBlue
    gummyblue1.png
    gummyblue2.png

GummyRed
    gummyred1.png
    gummyred2.png

GummyYellow
    gummyyellow1.png
    gummyyellow2.png
    Should help people with battery calibration!
    1. Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until it shows 100%

2. Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

3. Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the battery indicator shows 100% (you can use vol-up/vol-down to make the indicator come back up when the screen goes to sleep).

4. Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

5. Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the battery indicator shows 100%.

6. Delete the batterystats.bin file. You can either use CWM recovery to remove it, root explorer, or you can use ADB or a Terminal Emulator to run the following command:
    • Code:
    • su
    • rm /data/system/batterystats.bin
    • In order for a new batterystats.bin file to be created by the OS, you will need to boot up.
    If you use CWM to delete the file, then once you start the phone back up it will recreate it.
    If you delete it using ADB or a Terminal Emulator, you will need to reboot. To use root explorer( or other comparable app) go to data/system and delete the batterystats.bin file. You will then have to reboot so it can be recreated!

7. Unplug charger. Use the phone as normal until it shuts off, then plug it in and let it charge until full, turn it on and use as normal, you can now charge it whenever you like.
    The new batterystats.bin file should now have enough information to accurately report how much battery life is remaining.
    Hope this helps ;)
    I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little confused. I'm currently running ED2 rooted with GummyCHARGED. How should I go about getting this newest Samsung update if I want to keep root and keep GummyCHARGED? Just wait until Kejar releases an update with EE4 baked in?

thanks!

Don't worry I will create a complete how to when I release.. But I have to get off these forums if I am going to get any work done.