Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
S-OFF Check
ICS Check

But now I seem to have lost the root on my phone. SuperUser went on fine, but programs accessing ROOT say "NO ROOT". And according to SuperUser, I have no SU binary and it will not install it.

Am I the only one who thinks that HTC uses XDA as their software development department?

I had this happen too, I had to uninstall super user from the market, and get the zip from one if the how to root the amaze threads and flash that in recovery and then I got root back.

Sent from the morgue.

You don't have to be on the stock rom. I haven't seen anyone that hasn't been able to do this on the Energy ROM yet.

I couldn't do it on Energy rom. Ended up like a lot of others with it being stuck with the green arrows and finally gave up after 4 days of trying

Sent from my amazingly brilliant HTC Amaze 4G using my fingers. Duh!!!

FrankRNC

Apr 25, 2012
I couldn't do it on Energy rom. Ended up like a lot of others with it being stuck with the green arrows and finally gave up after 4 days of trying.

I had to try 5 different ROMs (including stock) before I found one that worked. It was not something I (or others) was doing wrong. Just one of those things and I finally hit the right combo with some help from the local talent.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
im stuck in the green arrows screen!

What can I do, I click the "volume down" then try to go on recovery but it wont work... how can I fix it?

Someone quick... I need the phone to wake up with its alarm clock.

microamd

Oct 30, 2011
im stuck in the green arrows screen!

What can I do, I click the "volume down" then try to go on recovery but it wont work... how can I fix it?

Someone quick... I need the phone to wake up with its alarm clock.

Try This:

enable ur debugging mode.
Run Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_XDA_V3.0 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493905)
Boot into Bootloader commads in command Options.
Flash the Stock T-mobile US kernel(f you are t-mobile).

did that on mine and it work.

Last edited:

microamd

Oct 30, 2011
how can I enable debugging on HBOOT Screen?

Someone please help me!

oh nvm.. just go to ur bootloader which is volume down + power. and ran the software..
I forgot ur stuck on green arrow..

Try this:
Run Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_XDA_V3.0
Go to ur Bootloader
flash the T-mobile Kernel

@ jimczyz - Also keep running the program, you haven't gotten the timing down right yet.

Yup keep it running , coz u will need it.

Last edited:

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
oh nvm.. just go to ur bootloader which is volume down + power. and ran the software..
I forgot ur stuck on green arrow..

Try this:
Run Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_XDA_V3.0
Go to ur Bootloader
install the T-mobile Kernel from tool kit..

thanks but that didnt work..

how can we install recoveries manually again?

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
I would try using Hasoons AIO program and install the recovery. Or rename the recovery to PH85IMG and reboot into hboot.

microamd

Oct 30, 2011
^^^ yah Hasoons which is the toolkit . recovery top right coner... Try that first then do the kernel again.

make sure your plug-in on ur computer all the time coz it will re-run the beer to complete the install.

I remember what i did now.

----
bootloader.
installed Stock recovery from Hasoon toolkit..
then back to bootloader.
flashed the kernel Stock T-mobile.
waited for it to reboot, then the beer JuopunutBear software popup on computer. waited for it to complte

Last edited:
Well, I have S-OFF now with an ENG bootloader and SuperCID. :D However, I forgot to backup the internal SD and lost everything on it. :(

I'll have to see what Hexamob can recover from it, if anything, later. I had several GBs of NSFW media and would hate to have lost it all. The Amaze has a good camera; at least, my girlfriend says so anyhow.

I tried the wire for 20-30 minutes without joy; just an error code that S-OFF failed. I give it to my buddy to try and he got it on his first attempt. FFS!

--
Sent via Tapatalk 2 from my TELUS HTC Amaze 4G on the Fido network.

Reactions: coolloser

xologist

Jun 18, 2009
This is what I just tried

Flash recovery from HBOOT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1521169

On recovery, mount the SDcard (I had to format it)
Place NAND backup

Apply nand backup

Still get green arrows!!!

What can I DO???????????
HELP =/

:::When I go into HBOOT, it says "no ph8rmimg found":::

:::Edit 2:::

Flashed Kernel faux and it now works again.

Last edited:

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
so, i ran the jbear program, it detected the device and it went through all the commands. then some thing came up after the adb commands asking me if they were correct to press ctrl+c and that i had 5 seconds. but right away it went to the next line, some thing about redetecting and it started counting up to 45 but nothing would happen and it will redetect and count up to 45 again. after it did this a few times it asked to to connect device and install drivers. at this point it only goes to the black screen with green errows.

i already have drivers installed. everything seemed to go along fine till it started redetecting and counting up to 45.

i wasnt able to boot into recovery nor the device. i reflashed recovery and kernel and now it lets me boot into recovery but thats it.
it doesnt let me boot into the phone nor it runs jbear program anymore. it keeps asking me to connect and install drivers.

any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: everytime i run the jbear program now, it just goes straight to the htc splash screen and gets stuck there. jbear program then tells me to connect and install drivers.

Last edited:

ls1xtreme

Jul 1, 2009
Harlingen
alright guys...i've been trying this for 2 days...i'm currently on the ics ruu...i flashed superuser and have root...i flash the stock recovery from the ics ruu and now when i run jbear this is what i get...

======== ControlBear version 0.2.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Old beer detected...... Please wait......
Starting up......
Waiting device
Backing up......
Transferring backups....
Backup ok!!
Using eMMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk0
Using MMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk1
Boot partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
Recovery partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
Is information correct? You have 5 seconds time to press CTRL+C
Finding some beer.....
Found first....
Found second....
Found third....
Found fourth....
Hmmmm... where is that last one....... Wait a sec....
JuopunutBear is ready to go....
Rebooting.......
Waiting device....

oh and i'm stuck on the green arrows...

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
alright guys...i've been trying this for 2 days...i'm currently on the ics ruu...i flashed superuser and have root...i flash the stock recovery from the ics ruu and now when i run jbear this is what i get...

Starting up......
Waiting device
Backing up......
Transferring backups....
Backup ok!!
Finding some beer.....
Found first....
Found second....
Found third....
Found fourth....
Rebooting.......
Waiting device....

this is the exact same place im stuck in. i thought i was the only one.

djdeviance

Sep 15, 2007

Starting up......
Waiting device
Backing up......
Transferring backups....
Backup ok!!
Finding some beer.....
Found first....
Found second....
Found third....
Found fourth....
Rebooting.......
Waiting device....

I believe it was mentioned a couple times that S-Off could possibly be impossible to get if ICS RUU was flashed before gaining S-Off.

Amiganaut

Dec 9, 2009
Atlanta, GA
"Where do I get wire from?" Try Radio Shack.

Doesn't anyone keep a roll or two of spare wire and some wire cutters around in their toolkit anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be