[Q] Proximity sensor bug

Search This thread

Kuminauha

Jul 15, 2012
I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?

cphenrik

Mar 26, 2013
I have a strange problem with prox sensor during calls. The actual sensor works fine, it shuts down the display but still registers touches from the keypad. I've had numerous times when the person complains that I'm pressing dial tones and when I take my phone of my ear, the display wakes up and there's all kinds of numbers and symbols on the dialing screen. If I hold my phone on an angle off my cheek, the problem doesn't occur. Anyone else?

You're holding it wrong... :p

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?

brangko

Apr 1, 2012
I do have this problem and I don't want to have head tumor. rofl

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
I also get this !! Seriously annoying.

You'll be chatting away, next thing you know "Beep Beep Beep" as though your dialing someone else.

Like, DAMN ear, who you calling that so important you can't wait till I've finished my conversation?

Kuminauha

Jul 15, 2012
The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches

tndb

Jul 7, 2008
The screen IS off when this is happening, I can see the screen in the corner of my ear and its all black but still registers touches

Have the same issue myself, really annoying for the person on the other side and you dont notice it yourself as its silently presses when its close to the chin..

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
You're holding it wrong... :p

Joke aside. I have the same issue when holding the phone to my left ear. I suppose i has to do with proximity sensor being on the left side, and not getting close enough to (getting covered by) my ear. In that case: Use right ear, or press the phone closer to the left side of your head (head tumor not guaranteed)

Could this be the issue?

+1 here. It happens to me oftentimes when i'm talking then suddenly there's silence and when i look at the screen the hold button is pressed and the call is placed on hold. I do use my phone on my left side frequently. I guess i haven't used it on my right ear at all. I'm not really sure if that matters, would try and check on it next call.