Optimus G Pro KitKat 4.4.2 manual network search bug

Search This thread

osprey23

Feb 6, 2007
Everyone,

I just updated my firmware to 4.4.2 via the LG software (South East Asia version). What I found out is that I can no longer manually search for telco network and pick the network of my choice. It will always present "No Networks Found" when I attempt to search. Auto network selection works fine. However, I need to search and select manual network due to the network alliance for data roaming.

I send my phone in to the service center and they tested it with different phones and found that it is consistent and they declare that it is a bug in the KitKat firmware. They downgraded my phone back to 4.1.2 and tell me that they will feedback the bug to the software team, however there is no commitment on when this will be fixed.

Please help me test the manual network search on your 4.4.2 and let me know if you face the same "No Networks Found" issue. I want to know if this is limited to the South East Asia version of the firmware or it is bigger.

Thank you.

ap1913

Jun 28, 2014
I had this problem too. I was using the Singapore E988 and when I upgraded it to 4.4.2, the phone could not display the available telco networks in all modes (GSM, WCDMA, LTE...). Either it gives "no network found" or "error while searching for networks."

Tried resetting to factory numerous times and reinstalling 4.4.2, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I had to downgrade it back to 4.1.2 and everything is back to normal.

Last edited:

osprey23

Feb 6, 2007
I had this problem too. I was using the Singapore E988 and when I upgraded it to 4.4.2, the phone could not display the available telco networks in all modes (GSM, WCDMA, LTE...). Either it gives "no network found" or "error while searching for networks."

Tried resetting to factory numerous times and reinstalling 4.4.2, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully LG will fix this in 4.4.2 so that we have a functioning KitKat to use on our phone.

Cheers!

rcorvo1

Aug 25, 2014

Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully LG will fix this in 4.4.2 so that we have a functioning KitKat to use on our phone.

Cheers!

any solution for this bug?

osprey23

Feb 6, 2007
any solution for this bug?

Nope. Not yet, at least for Singapore firmware. It is still the v20b created in May.

I think LG has decided that it is not worth the effort to fix this. I am stuck. :(

I am considering flashing my phone with KitKat firmware from Hong Kong or Malaysia, not sure if it is a viable option.

Are you also experiencing the same issue? Which firmware are you using?

Last edited:

Senarathd

Oct 4, 2015
Im in south Korea and my phone also shows no signal inside rooms, restaurant,ets.. im think it getting LTE signal only?..