Remove lookout?

Search This thread

jullejul

Feb 21, 2010
Göteborg
Hi. My problem is that I can't uninstall lookout.
It says " can not uninstall" or something like that.

How do I remove it? Got s-on and
no root. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe

no root. Thanks

Taken from https://www.mylookout.com/help#

How do I uninstall Lookout for Android 5.6+?
If you are using Lookout for Android, version 5.6 or above and are on Android 2.2 or above, you have enabled better protection with the device admin capability.

If you attempt to uninstall Lookout, you may receive the message “Uninstall not Successful”, which is because on Android 2.2 and above devices Lookout can be assigned as a device administrator. This then requires special steps to be uninstalled. Please note, this is standard behavior for any Android application with device administrator privileges.

Here’s how to uninstall Lookout 5.6 and above:

From the home screen on your device, go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings, scroll down to Select Device Administrators (select), then uncheck Lookout as a Device Administrator, this will take you to a new screen, at the bottom of the screen select Deactivate, and then Ok.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be able to delete our app the same way you would normally delete any other app. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Lookout > Uninstall.
If you have any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact support at mylookout dot com.

Reactions: jullejul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

no root. Thanks

Taken from https://www.mylookout.com/help#

How do I uninstall Lookout for Android 5.6+?
    If you are using Lookout for Android, version 5.6 or above and are on Android 2.2 or above, you have enabled better protection with the device admin capability.

If you attempt to uninstall Lookout, you may receive the message “Uninstall not Successful”, which is because on Android 2.2 and above devices Lookout can be assigned as a device administrator. This then requires special steps to be uninstalled. Please note, this is standard behavior for any Android application with device administrator privileges.

Here’s how to uninstall Lookout 5.6 and above:

From the home screen on your device, go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings, scroll down to Select Device Administrators (select), then uncheck Lookout as a Device Administrator, this will take you to a new screen, at the bottom of the screen select Deactivate, and then Ok.
    Once you have completed the above steps, you will be able to delete our app the same way you would normally delete any other app. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Lookout > Uninstall.
    If you have any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact support at mylookout dot com.