[Q] Recovery + batt stuck at 99% with GREEN LED

Search This thread

predator21

Jan 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi Friends i have sensation rooted as we all did and since then following issues :

1. Offline charging (Fixed).

2. Now the fone charges offline but it says batt full at 99% and led turns green. Never touches 100% now. ever since flashed recovery. both old and new.

3. I can confirm this on anker 1900 mah batt.

4. can any one else confirm this also.

baaa.png

Last edited:

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Hi Friends i have sensation rooted as we all did and since then following issues :

1. Offline charging (Fixed).

2. Now the fone charges offline but it says batt full at 99% and led turns green. Never touches 100% now. ever since flashed recovery. both old and new.

3. I can confirm this on anker 1900 mah batt.

4. can any one else confirm this also.
Yes, this is true.... The LED turns green on 99% and never touches 100%. But i did not care much about it as I was more interested in flashing ROMS...though this is a problem.... I have also ordered Anker Batt... waiting for the courier...

silentsnow31802

Nov 21, 2008
Napa, Ca
I noticed mine did this last night. I just kept it plugged in and it eventually hit 100%. I took about 9 hours for it to hit 100%. Hope its not like that every time. Ill be finding out tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Mash23

Apr 5, 2011
Turku
I've noticed that the discharge is also a bit strange even on OEM battery. My battery varies very much. Sometimes when I reboot I get 5-10% more juice after boot without putting it to charge o_O

Mash23

Apr 5, 2011
Turku
Could it be something to do with the 2.3.3? Cause my battery acted strange even S-ON so I don't think it's the S-OFF procedure itself that caused this. Might be something something to do with battery drivers or something?

PowTheKraken

Aug 22, 2010
Esslingen
AFAIK Li-Ion batteries should never be charged to 100% because it shortens their life, most phones have a safety-mechanism to prevent overcharging.

Its intended to stop charging at 95% to 99%, but will almost always show that the battery is charged to 100% so the customer wont complain about it.
yes HTC is lieing to us, but for our own satisfaction.
So after we flashed the CWM recovery this "feature" is not there anymore and we can see the true charging state.
By plugging the power in and out over and over again to reach 100% you just damage your battery with those short charging cycles.

I read a interrestion thread about it in the Nexus S forums awhile ago and Wikipedia seems to confirm it.

I hope I could help you.

Reactions: mrg02d

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AFAIK Li-Ion batteries should never be charged to 100% because it shortens their life, most phones have a safety-mechanism to prevent overcharging.

Its intended to stop charging at 95% to 99%, but will almost always show that the battery is charged to 100% so the customer wont complain about it.
    yes HTC is lieing to us, but for our own satisfaction.
    So after we flashed the CWM recovery this "feature" is not there anymore and we can see the true charging state.
    By plugging the power in and out over and over again to reach 100% you just damage your battery with those short charging cycles.

I read a interrestion thread about it in the Nexus S forums awhile ago and Wikipedia seems to confirm it.

I hope I could help you.