[ROM] Official Sony ICS 4.1.A.0.562 NCB Generic + ROOT [Update: 15.04.2012]

Search This thread

hollow1

Jan 12, 2012
Until today, I still hard to decide whether to update my Arc S from GB to ICS or not. Though I have read several posts and topics on the advantage and performance of ICS, ICS still not yet be rooted unless unlock bootloader. And I don't want to go for that unlock bootloader only to mess up the device.

Still I need some more advice from you all, if possible in simple details around this ICS. As some idea said that ICS use up more RAM and CPU while my device has only 512 RAM and a single core. Also I have many applications and huge games installed, which would make me lazy to reinstall everything from scratch. Moreover, those applications are always up to date.

Thanks for reading my post, and I'm waiting for your all advice.

bern4d1

Dec 21, 2010
Jakarta
dear all

any ARC S user (with ICS) can run "temple run " smooth?

Install v6 supercharged update 9. It really a big help for ICS on my Arc S.
now my Arc S almost as smooth as GB.

Until today, I still hard to decide whether to update my Arc S from GB to ICS or not. Though I have read several posts and topics on the advantage and performance of ICS, ICS still not yet be rooted unless unlock bootloader. And I don't want to go for that unlock bootloader only to mess up the device.

Still I need some more advice from you all, if possible in simple details around this ICS. As some idea said that ICS use up more RAM and CPU while my device has only 512 RAM and a single core. Also I have many applications and huge games installed, which would make me lazy to reinstall everything from scratch. Moreover, those applications are always up to date.

Thanks for reading my post, and I'm waiting for your all advice.

Have you tried to root by using the OP method? It's simple.
just extract in a folder and connect your phone and run the RunMe.bat
for the memory management, v6 supercharged really helps.

yes it is smooth,but touch control gone crazy

I don't understand why some are getting crazy screen control. My device had that on GB but since ICS update mine is perfect now. Very strange. My thoughts were the screen has been fixed. Also I noticed if you have a screen protector on that can cause the touch sensitivity to go off the rails. If you do try removing the protector and see if that helps.
Regards

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
you can just flash the ftf file with flashtool 7.0 without unlock your bootloader.

Ok, sot the ftf file and Flashtool acts like the Installer packages that you can download and install for HTC headsets?

Roland

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Guys! :D

I flashed the ROM and it worked like a charm, with no errors while flashing or what so ever. ;)

I have:
Xperia Arc S LT18i
Locked bootloader
Unrooted

BTW: This is my first flashing experience EVER! I'm a noob and never tried those thing before.. I just couldn't resist the temptation of ICS and could't wait any-more.

IT"S VERY EASY!

Here are the steps precisely (I followed the steps from http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/04/1...roid-4-0-ics-update-to-your-xperia-arc-guide/ )
And they are as the following:

Downloaded the ROM from: (they are 2 parts)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3iklzhze6tlr11
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv37jysrbl1rg6a

Note: This whole thing does not require you to root your handset and it does not require you to unlock your bootloader.

1) Install drivers for the Xperia arc
The very first step is to make sure that your PC has all of the necessary drivers installed for the Sony Xperia arc. The best way to do this is to install PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS). Make sure you connect the Xperia arc to the PC before starting the process to download the necessary USB and ADB drivers. If you have any problems you will find the necessary drivers once you have installed Flashtool in the following location: ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’.

2) Switch on USB debugging on your handset
Switch on the debugging option on your Xperia arc. Go to Menu –> Settings –> Applications –> Development –> Tick ‘USB debugging’

Also tick ‘Unknown sources’ under Menu –> Settings –> Applications

3) Install Flashtool 0.7.0.0
You must ensure you install Flashtool version 0.7.0.0 for this process to work. The older versions of Flashtool do not have the command to handle the new ICS partition resizes.

As the official Flashtool site is currently not allowing a download of the necessary file, you can download it from our mirror here. The zip package includes two files: 1) Flashtool 0.6.9.1 and 2) an update zip file.

a. Install the ‘flashtool-0.6.9.1-windows’ application.
b. Once complete, unzip the ‘update’ file. Move and replace all contents of the zip file to C:\Flashtool.
c. Once you have done this, launch Flashtool. The log window should show that you are using ‘Flashtool Version 0.7.0.0 built on 2012-04-14 11:34:01′. To make sure of this you can always go into Help > About to see what version you are using.

4) Download the Generic Nordic ICS Xperia arc S firmware
Download the Generic Nordic ICS Xperia arc S firmware from here (377MB). This is firmware version 4.1.A.0.562 which will update your phone to Android 4.0.3.
OR, in case the download is slow, you can go from here (as described above):
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3iklzhze6tlr11
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv37jysrbl1rg6a

A note of warning: Some browsers like Opera will rename the extension of this FTF file as a zip file when trying to download it. Make sure that the downloaded file has a .ftf extension rather than .zip.

5) Place firmware in correct location on your PC
Place the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.

6) Launch Flashtool
Open the Flashtool application on your PC. Click on the lightning bolt symbol. Select Flashmode and click OK.

7) Select firmware
Select the correct firmware in the left column (LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB). Check the boxes (‘Wipe User Data’, ‘Wipe Cache’ and ‘No Final Verification Check’ all need to be ticked).

8 ) Connect Xperia arc to PC
Turn your phone off. Press and hold the back key while plugging the USB cable into your Xperia arc.

9) Flashing process will start
The flashing process should now start. Once you see the “Flashing finished” message in Flashtool, remove your handset from the PC and wait until the phone reboots (this may take some time so don’t panic).

10) Your Xperia arc should now be running ICS
Congratulations, your Sony Xperia arc should now be running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich!

That's it, guys!:cool:

Thanks for posting this very useful walkthrough on how to flash the ICS Update. I've flashed before but on the old X8 and my Wildfire S always ad updates OTA.

Roland

Last edited:

bern4d1

Dec 21, 2010
Jakarta
Ok, sot the ftf file and Flashtool acts like the Installer packages that you can download and install for HTC headsets?

sorry, I don't know about HTC.
EDIT: @doomed: my Arc S also have the touching issue when playing temple run. (swipe right means right, also means jump sometimes)

Last edited:

caqo71

Apr 11, 2011
Santiago
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
OK, I surrender with this ROM, I don´t know why after a while using it with no problem, and after rebooting a couple of times, my phone doesn't get mi SIM card, it says that its invalid and I loose signal. WIFI works ok, but not sim card.

If I go back to Baseband 64, the SIM card works partially... Invalid Sim card, but signal works. :(

What a Stupid issue :mad::mad:

a4rocks

Jun 27, 2009
Kolkata
www.indiastudychannel.com
OK, I surrender with this ROM, I don´t know why after a while using it with no problem, and after rebooting a couple of times, my phone doesn't get mi SIM card, it says that its invalid and I loose signal. WIFI works ok, but not sim card.

If I go back to Baseband 64, the SIM card works partially... Invalid Sim card, but signal works. :(

What a Stupid issue :mad::mad:

Is this a problem with Arc LT15a variant? I saw another member who complained about the exact same issue after updating to baseband 70 and even reverting to baseband 64 was causing the same issue.

spinz78

Aug 29, 2010
Loving my Arc LT15i after flashing ICS, its very smooth, I have more free memory, the battery lasts longer, the interface is refreshing nd new but the best of all is the stock browser, its smooth nd fast nd the screen not jumping around while scrolling up or down

Just one problem as i cannot repair my firmware with PC companion. My phone is stock LT15i and i live in India

SiRIus[X]

May 23, 2009
i'm new with unlocked bootloader. jz 1 silly question, how do i root with the script provided in post 1? kinda blur.. flashed custom kernel to get rid of the 0% battery that has been bugging me for days. the only thing now is rooting it.. don't wanna screw up again :)

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
I don't know where Sony get the idea that the ICS Update will mqke your phone run slower than on Ginger Bread, it's running just as fqst as Gingee Bread but with the added bonus of more App Memory, better battery life, better Widgets apart from the Facebook & Twitter
Widgets for the Official apps are the same old Widgets from when I was running Eclair on my X8. Also now I can disable the Office Viewer 6 app as it's the only stock app that is none unenstallable (as I use Documents To Go).
It's still taking some getting used to the new Settings layout but a big improvement over the stock GB ROM, and Google Chrome has got to be the best 3rd party browser there is.

Roland

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FTF file for easy flashing of official Sony ICS Rom.

Download here:
    http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB.ftf
    c1ae2eef1677a7aa72db7430e516ea4c LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB.ftf

For flashing please update Flashtool to 0.7, see this post for informations:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24874433&postcount=270

If you want to root you can use this script, it's based on the root ideas of Dan Rosenberg (www.vulnfactory.org):
    http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/Root_Exploit_OneClick.zip

Regards
    I posted this in a different thread but I feel like posting it here:
    FlashTool showed an error too but I ignored it and continue flashing. Voila, the device boots.

Here are very extra careful steps to get it working:

1. Start up FlashTool.
    2. Get into Flashmode.
    3. Choose the ICS ftf and use these settings:
      psEA
    4. After that, flash again with these settings:
      psF7
    5. Finally this:
      psFo
    6. Unplug device, turn it on.
    7. Enjoy ICS!

Tested on arc (LT15a). Ignore those errors because they show up after flashing a sin file.

psJT
    Small Flashtool update

Flashtool Update to be applied over vers 0.6.9.0 or 0.6.9.1

When applying it, replace any files from your installation with the ones in the update.zip

Once applied, in Help -> About you will have 0.7.0.0 version.

To flash ICS ftf, check the "No Final Verification Check" box. Check this box only for ICS bundles as I don't know how it would behave with GB bundles.

Regards,
    Androxyde
    Hi,

Flashtool will need to be updated to flash ICS. It fails and we are looking at it.

Regards,
    Androxyde
    As Androxyde writes we/he needs to fix Flashtool for ICS. It needs a partitions rezise command which is not implemented yet!

Also i added MD5 sum to first post! The FTF file is good! FT just needs an update, like it was on X10 Times with 2.1 update!

Regards