Chinese Note II clone problem (Star S7100 - MTK6577)

Search This thread

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
Hi,

I have just bought a chinese Note II clone.
Code:
www dot cellphonemic dot com/mtk6577-android-phones/s7100-mtk6577
The phone seems to be unable to handle SIM properly. On every start I get the error message:
com.android.phone stopped
SIM Toolkit is also unable to start. When I start or receive a call, the display goes blank or just flashes up for a moment. (This problem is resolved already, see here)
I was told it is most likely a firmware error. On searching, I didn't find this model or similar in the forum. I also tried several rooting methods described here without success.
Here are some details I could get from the phone:
Code:
BuildInfos
Android version : 4.1.1
Release Codename : REL
API LEVEL : 16
CPU ABI : armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer : alps
Bootloader : unknown
CPU ABI2 : armeabi
Hardware : mt6577
Radio : unknown
Board : e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017
Brand : alps
Device : e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017
Display : e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017_20121120
Fingerprint : alps/e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017/e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017:4.1.1/JRO03C/1353390730:user/test-keys
Host : agold-w12345-desktop
ID : JRO03C
Model : e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017
Product : e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017
Tags : test-keys
Type : user
User : root

I asked the chinese merchant I bought the phone from but he seems quite uncertain, although he promised to send a new ROM.
Can anybody help? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

fireblade

May 26, 2006
Leeds
Unfortunately is often quite difficult to get support for those Chinese clone devices. I hope you'll find someone that can help you but I think your best bet is to ask the seller for a replacement.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
Proximity sensor

The problem of blank/flashing screen during calls has been resolved. The proximity sensor needed a proper calibration. I did the calibration many times so far, but not the correct way. I have just figured out how it should be done effectively.

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
utchti per

Hi, can you teach me how to calibrate?

It is actually a simple process. Locate your proximity sensor, it is a small LED-like thing next to the speaker, on either side. Look for calibration of proximity sensor, you can find it usually amongst the display options. Tap on it, target-like concentric circles appear and the application asks you to place some obstacles over the sensors. The easiest way is to hold your palm above the sensor approx. 5 cm (2 inches) apart. Touch the Start button, and then try to complete the process with your hand motionless. The whole process takes a few seconds. If you did everything right, during a call, holding the phone to your ear the screen goes blank, and the phone application re-appears when moving the phone away.

wapcell

Aug 5, 2009
Ealps e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017

I have a device that if I need to send you the rom Ealps e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017 Model:N7100+ 1GB
Hi,

Code:
The phone seems to be unable to handle SIM properly. On every start I get the error message:

SIM Toolkit is also unable to start. When I start or receive a call, the display goes blank or just flashes up for a moment. (This problem is resolved already, see here)
I was told it is most likely a firmware error. On searching, I didn't find this model or similar in the forum. I also tried several rooting methods described here without success.
Code:
BuildInfos
Fingerprint : alps/e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017/e1901_v77_jbla668_9p017:4.1.1/JRO03C/1353390730:user/test-keys

I asked the chinese merchant I bought the phone from but he seems quite uncertain, although he promised to send a new ROM.

gog3219

Jan 3, 2013
Cambridge
I have the exact same phone as you but mine seems to be working fine. I've tried to root it and there is no way I can find to root it. Especially since my boot menu is in Chinese! I would give you my ROM if I knew how.

wapcell

Aug 5, 2009
Hi,

thanks for the response. How is your ROM working? Is it fully functioning, rooted or not etc.
How should it be installed? From SD card or by flashing application?
Send it anyway, having itself doesn't do any matter.

Thanks in advance

I bought it new, this operating normally not installed anything bought for resale in my store, the menu it is in recovery mode chines do not know how to back up if you know tell me that I send to you.

bhudev2dave

Nov 25, 2012
same phone after root prosess death bricked any help

hi
i have same phone e1901_v77_Vjbla668_ mtk6577 model s7100
i have root prossess via sp tool phone no display death condition any idea for solve issue ???
pls hlp me

Hi,

Code:

Code:
BuildInfos

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
hi
i have same phone e1901_v77_Vjbla668_ mtk6577 model s7100
i have root prossess via sp tool phone no display death condition any idea for solve issue ???
pls hlp me

You may try to flash the original factory ROM via Flash Tool, if your phone still can be recognized.
Btw. root access can be gained by replacing the Chinese recovery with CWM recovery, then installing SU from CWM recovery.

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
Successfully rooted

I have just successfully rooted my phone. The process was as follows:
  1. I replaced the Chinese factory recovery mode with CWM recovery via Flash Tool.
  2. Started the phone with CWM recovery and installed a superuser package from it.
If anybody interested, I can provide links to files needed along with description of the process.

Reactions: jigsey

jigsey

Jan 26, 2013
Hi just joined this group :)

Can you post how you rooted the S7100 please

Been trying all day with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18

but phone will not root that way

Thanks Jigsey

Gavo34

Jan 25, 2013
  1. I replaced the Chinese factory recovery mode with CWM recovery via Flash Tool.
  2. Started the phone with CWM recovery and installed a superuser package from it.
If anybody interested, I can provide links to files needed along with description of the process.

Tell me the info please, I have been trying to root mine for days

Gorcsev.hu

Dec 27, 2012
Flashing CWM Recovery and install root

Download CWM_and_root_flash.rar from here.
Unpack the archive with its folder structure to a path not containing any special characters.

Flashing CWM Recovery:
  1. Turn off the phone without connected to the computer.
  2. Take out the battery and insert it back after a few seconds.
  3. (If the driver is already installed, continue with step 5) Connect the phone to the computer with USB cable. The operating system will detect a new device - direct the wizard to the folder containing the driver (for your version of OS)
    [*]When driver is installed, disconnect the cable from the computer.
  4. Run the program SP Flash Tool.

adyKjkKI.jpg
  5. Push the button Scatter-loading and select the file MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (it is in the folder CWM Recovery).
    IMPORTANT! Make sure, only RECOVERY is selected in the image list, otherwise the phone could stop working!
  6. Push the button Download.
  7. Connect the phone to the computer. The program should recognize it and start flashing.
    If the phone is not detected, then unplug it from the computer, remove and insert the battery and re-connect to the computer.
    Also the new hardware wizard may pop up again - just let it install the driver automatically.
  8. When flashing is complete, disconnect the phone.
Boot the phone normally to check everything works properly.

Installing root (Superuser):
  1. Save MT6577 blk0p3 Root by CWM-SuperSU 0.99 angelobiz.zip on SD card (internal SD card is preferred).
  2. Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by keeping pressed Volume+ and Power buttons simultaneously.
    You enter CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.2 you have just flashed. (Navigate with V+/- and choose with PWR)
  3. Choose "install zip from sdcard" from the main menu.
  4. Either select "choose zip from sdcard" from the next menu if you saved the zip on the external SD card
    or select "choose zip from internal sdcard" if you saved the zip on the internal SD card.
  5. Navigate to the zip and press the Power button. When the installation process is complete, reboot the phone normally.
Superuser application is now installed and you can check the root status with a root checker application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    utchti per

Hi, can you teach me how to calibrate?

It is actually a simple process. Locate your proximity sensor, it is a small LED-like thing next to the speaker, on either side. Look for calibration of proximity sensor, you can find it usually amongst the display options. Tap on it, target-like concentric circles appear and the application asks you to place some obstacles over the sensors. The easiest way is to hold your palm above the sensor approx. 5 cm (2 inches) apart. Touch the Start button, and then try to complete the process with your hand motionless. The whole process takes a few seconds. If you did everything right, during a call, holding the phone to your ear the screen goes blank, and the phone application re-appears when moving the phone away.
    Successfully rooted

Hi
    when flashing

smart phone flash tool pops up

BROM ERROR S_FT need download all fail

need download all images.

I think its tell me to tick all boxes ??

Thanks
    The error message means, Flash Tool wants to download all the images. Right after starting, "DA DL All..." appears in the status line:
    acrDHtMY.jpg
    It should disappear after loading the scatter-loading file:
    adidxO2i.jpg
    Check if it disappears actually. If not, try to play with options, for example, uncheck and re-check "USB Mode" and see if the "DA DL All..." disappears:
    adckjtYF.jpg
    If "DA DL All..." disappeared in the status line, start the flashing by clicking on "Download". If no success, check if you did everything as instructed.
    AND AGAIN: DON'T TICK ANYTHING ELSE THAN RECOVERY!
    Thanks my s7100 is all rooted ;)

Last question is there a way of increasing the 512mb of internal memory or do i need a custom Rom.

Cheerz

The phone's ROM and RAM (aka internal SD card) are physical and fixed, hence their size cannot be altered.
    You only can expand the external storage capacity by installing a microSD card upto 32 GB.
    Hi All,
    I also have this S7100 cinese phone.
    some days ago I ricked it trying to flash a custom rom.
    Now, with other rom I managed to bring it to life again but the screen is not calibrated. example; to open an app I have to click th app just above.
    I searched in settings for a ecreen calibration oprion but I don't see any.
    Do you know How can I calibrate this thing?

Or is any file of the rom the flashable rom that does the calibration? or can we make it in Engenering mode. if so how to enter in engeneering mode?

Need help. Thank you

S7100 ENGINEER MODE command is *#*#3646633#*#*
    See if this can help you?