[UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet another TCPMP build [SKINNED+AVRCP]

Search This thread

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
@ink718
I guess that's imposible to improve FVB, cause it uses special plugin for internet explorer and there is no source code of it availiable, also one can try to contact original developer and ask to update it :).

Good thought! I never thought of that. Ill try to get a hold of the original developer and see if he update this babie ;].

Unit ZER0,
You ended up cutting off much of the drop shadow that I added when you cropped the icons to 111x111. I'm guessing that you didn't notice that or you wouldn't have done it. I don't think that bimbam should use those because enough of the shadow is cut off to not look very good. If you need different sizes for the .ico file than are in the .ico that I uploaded, I'd suggest using my original images without cropping them any (since there's nothing more to crop without affecting the image). If the shadow is some kind of problem or bimbam would prefer an image without it, I can upload that, though the image looks awfully flat without it.

Sorry about that, I will give it another try using the sources uncropped. One thing though, when shrank to icon size, your images look a little washed out, so I will adjust the contrast, and shading to make them a tad darker, so they are a bit more legible.

Osprey's Icons Redux

Here is another attempt, using Osprey00's icons, uncropped, the contrast has been adjusted slightly for more visibility.

(BTW, TCPMP on an icon is usually one letter too many, and since TCPMP stands for The Core Pocket Media Player, an icon with just CORE on it usually works...)

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
Everyone,
I've created a skin based on Windows Media Player 12 (the latest version, included in Windows 7). It's good for those who want a simple, clean skin with minimal interface (i.e. not taking up half of the screen) and, especially, those who are very comfortable with WMP's controls. I also felt it important to include as many of the skinnable controls as possible (moreso than existing skins), so all sizes have "Open", "Playlist", "Mute", "Previous" and "Next buttons and most have "Shuffle", "Repeat" and "FastFwd" buttons. I also added text labels to the buttons because it takes the guesswork out and makes the skin more comfortable to use, IMO. If you'd prefer no text labels, open the Background.bmp in a paint program and paint over the labels with black.

backgroundwo.png
wmp12skinl.jpg

wmp12skin480l.jpg

buttonspressed480.jpg

The following sizes are included:

For Windows Mobile phones...
HVGA (320x480)
QVGA (240x320)
VGA (480x640)
WQVGA (240x400)
WVGA (480x800)

For CE Core (PND/GPS) devices...
320x240
240x320
480x234
480x272
272x480
640x480
800x480

If you need a different size, see the included Readme for some simple instructions on how you can modify one of the existing sizes to whatever size that you need.

Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

EDIT: Replaced all tabs in the XML files with spaces to satisfy a bug in later builds of interface.plg.

EDIT #2: Added HVGA (320x480) version (for the HTC HD Mini, for example).

EDIT #3: Added the same grey background to the 240x320, 240x400 and 272x480 versions that the larger sizes have.

EDIT #4: Magnified the size of the controls for the 480x800, 800x480, 480x640 and 640x480 skins. (Note: all releases until this point have been downloaded a total of ~1400 times)

Download from MediaFire: TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip
Download from xda-developers: (see attachment)

Last edited:
Reactions: timoteorex
J

jeepers007

Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

Nice graphics. I found the text too smallish in VGA. So I modified text size, while keeping everything else the same.

I'm still thinking the controls and text are too small though.

Attachments

• ResizedText.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 220

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
BIMBAM can I get a copy of your common.dll without the gapi option. I have tried several other common.dll files with subtitles but without the gapi driver and none work with your interface.plg. Every common.dll file tht has the gapi dricer messes up the taskbar each time I open tcpmp. Hope u can do that ftr me. Thanks.

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
Nice graphics. I found the text too smallish in VGA. So I modified text size, while keeping everything else the same.

I'm still thinking the controls and text are too small though.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the graphics are taken from WMP without any re-sizing, so they are what they are and might be more suitable for the smaller resolutions. You could re-size the controls for the higher resolutions (ex. double everything in size), if you wanted to, but the image quality would suffer. As for the text being too small, that's legitimitately my fault, since I did size that for the smaller resolutions, so thanks for making it more legible for the higher resolutions.

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
BIMBAM can I get a copy of your common.dll without the gapi option. I have tried several other common.dll files with subtitles but without the gapi driver and none work with your interface.plg. Every common.dll file tht has the gapi dricer messes up the taskbar each time I open tcpmp. Hope u can do that ftr me. Thanks.

On my device when GAPI driver is selected it also messes up the screen, so I'm avoiding to select that driver. Its a strange request :), but here it is, if you wish to make GAPI driver option availiable again just rename gx.dll to gxNew.dll and put it into TCPMP dir

Attachments

• common.zip
    194 KB · Views: 142

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
Hi guys,

I've been building an HTC Universal ROM with milesmowbray's TCPMP as it's only media player (save for some Windows Media DLLs for soundevent handling and 3rd party app compatibility).
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=643243

A poster on my thread pointed me to this build today, and I have to say it looks ideal - but for one thing - AVRCP support.

I saw in the earlier posts that bimbam69 and xiaojin1985 spoke about combining their efforts, but it all seems to go quiet after that - did anything ever come of it?

Last edited:

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
@thingonaspring
As I mentioned earlier on this thread (but whole thread is a bit long :p ) xiaojin1985 offered his help regarding AVRCP, but we never heard any news from him. The problem is that there is no full sourcecode availiable to easily add the AVRCP support for TCPMP, also the dvelopment of TCPMP is a bit stalled due to lack of free time.

As an alternative to control TCPMP you can read through this page (be sure to read whole page)

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
Fast response - thanks bimbam69.

I did find a post from porkenhimer suggesting just renaming player.exe to wmplayer.exe.
I think he's saying that avrcp_mpplugin.dll will do the work in this case.

Trying this as we speak.
[edit] looks like that was wishful thinking, he was talking about the avrcp agent v11

Last edited:

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
the dll itself is useles wihtout propietary exe in this case customizable avrcp agent from here, using that app you need to add tcpmp command codes, everything is on that page i've previsously posted. But personally I havent tested it, so leaving this for you to research

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
Yep - kicking myself for not realising that sooner.
To be honest the avrcp agent is a bit of a non-starter. Too fiddly to operate for the majority of users. Not to worry though, I'm sure a solution will present itself soon enough.

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Actually, I just pm xiaojin1985 yesterday via XDA in Chinese. Hopefully we will heard back from him soon. AVRCP and Mpeg2 support are the only wishes I have for this build.

P.S. Just tried the AVRCP agents and it works (minor bug with double play and double backward) and here is my registry for that. (I cooked tcpmp.exe as player.exe in my rom):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wolf\Tools\AVRCP]
"TripleClickWait"=dword:00000000
"DoubleClickWait"=dword:000001f4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wolf\Tools\AVRCP\1]
"BackDouble"=""
"PlayDouble"=""
"BackSingle"="379"
"ForDouble"="378"
"ForSingle"="250"
"Stop"=""
"WindowName"="TCPMP"
"PlayTriple"=""
"PlaySingle"="582"
"AppPath"="\\windows\\player.exe"

Last edited:

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
2 bugs:

These bugs have taken some of the wind out of my sails, but have not sunk my ship because skinnability for TCPMP is too exciting! Huge thanks to bimbam69 for his awesome step in the right direction. This bug report is for WM6 build, using Ospry's nice skin on my Vogue with stock WinMo 6.1 professional on Qualcomm 7500, and ffmpeg.plg for ARMv6, which required reg edit at HKLM\System\Loader\LoadModuleLow. Please note my use of TCPMP is primarily as an auxilliary MP3 player for requests and quick, spur-of-the-moment song playback without messing up regular rotation of long playlist for which I use a different player.

Bug#1 - No tap to Fullscreen! So best way is Options>Fullscreen:
Bug1.png

My first thought to fix bug#1 was to code a Fullscreen Button into the skin. But in Info.txt, I found it's "not implemented yet." If/when this is implemented, that would solve the issue for me, because tapping a button is as easy as tapping the art area. And by the way, once in fullscreen mode, a tap (or double tap, depending on Options>Settings...) works. It goes back to main UI screen nicely, but only works in that one direction.

Bug#2 - Fullscreen becomes corrupt! When a track has finished and next track begins, previous song art is not replaced by next song's art. This worked fine in pre-skinnable build. Instead, previous song art continues to display while next track plays, with a piece of the art missing where next track's art would show - if in main UI screen. Very strange:
Bug2.png

My guess is something like maybe interface.plg, so I tried the one in extras.zip archive. No help. TCPMP would not even open, error message indicated interface.plg was not compatible with player. Next I tried the interface.plg that was working in my previous unskinnable build. This brought back default skin, but not the default tap to fullscreen behavior. So maybe the trouble is in player.exe?

Bug#2 - A clue:
Bug2clue.png

This is what my screenshot utility captured. But it is not what was on screen when captured! Notice that it is the correct song art embedded in the track that was playing, super-imposed upon the corrupted song art of previous track! I tried a different screen capture utility. It shows same result, even though the actual screen that was showing was only the corrupt previous track's art.

Any help, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
MrGoodTunes,
Try the interface.plg that tronikos posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6031368
It fixes a bug with fullscreen on PNDs that is somewhat similar to your bug #2. It's worth a try, at least.

If you can't figure these problems out, you might want to do a search for "Microfi Nitrogen", a player that is nicer for music than TCPMP, but can play only music. Since you use a different player for video, that might be fine for you.

BTW, I'm glad that you like my skin. Thanks for the compliment and the screenshots of it in use.

Last edited:

bimbam69

Apr 16, 2008
Kaunas
@MrGoodtunes
About bug #1 it seems that when album art is shown taping on the screen doesn't do nothing even when skin isn't loaded, that means the player was designed that way. I will look into this when will resume development on TCPMP.

About bug #2 its seems that bug is device specific, since on my device the album art is shown perfectly fine, maybe it's due to faulty driver or incorect tcpmp settings. You need to play around with TCPMP settings try changing video driver etc.

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
@ Osprey00
Thanks for the good suggestions, especially about trying interface.plg by tronikos. Unfortunately, it caused a system error. Looking at microfi's Nitrogen player, I see it has made considerable progress since whenever I tried and dumped an early version.

@ bimbam69
Your thoughts and ideas are muchly appreciated. In fact, your suggestion to change video driver setting has substantially reduced trouble from bug#2. While staying in fullscreen mode, I now get next track's art showing properly. The only remaining trouble is that previous track art is simply over-written. But most of my embedded art has the same 3x2 aspect ratio. So bug#2 is no longer a problem most of the time. Previous track art gets completely covered, except when a track (such as: Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking) has different art aspect ratio:
Bug2partfix.png

So now both bugs are reduced to something I can live with, allowing enjoyment of the best progress TCPMP has had in all 7 years I've used it! Huge thanks.

porkenhimer

Apr 9, 2009
@ Osprey00
Thanks for the good suggestions, especially about trying interface.plg by tronikos. Unfortunately, it caused a system error. Looking at microfi's Nitrogen player, I see it has made considerable progress since whenever I tried and dumped an early version.

@ bimbam69
Your thoughts and ideas are muchly appreciated. In fact, your suggestion to change video driver setting has substantially reduced trouble from bug#2. While staying in fullscreen mode, I now get next track's art showing properly. The only remaining trouble is that previous track art is simply over-written. But most of my embedded art has the same 3x2 aspect ratio. So bug#2 is no longer a problem most of the time. Previous track art gets completely covered, except when a track (such as: Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walking) has different art aspect ratio:
Bug2partfix.png

So now both bugs are reduced to something I can live with, allowing enjoyment of the best progress TCPMP has had in all 7 years I've used it! Huge thanks.

If u put a jpg in a folder with mp3 files and rename the jpg folder.jpg it will show each time an mp3 from that folder is played in any media player. The same also works if u rename the jpg cover.jpg. It might help if u r having trouble with embedded album art.
You are kinda right about album art not lettin the player switch to fullscreen but it can be fixed by going to options>settings>hotkeys and assigning a button to fullscreen. Now everytime you press that button it will switch back and forth to fullscreen without the small pause that happens when you tap the screen to go to fullscreen. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest TCPMP build based on milesmowbray's sources, original thread

First of all the credits corner:

This build contains work of the following people:
    fmarozz: flv1 plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/progrdowntcpmp/
    nv: flv4 plugin, at http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nvsofts/20090705
    nikoro: subtitle plugin, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpmpsubssubtit/
    eoc: modified language.tgz file, at http://www.portegeclub.com/forum/vi...&start=0&sid=d913ce354e011e123c302b9ea4995bc1
    mylostblog: skin images, at http://mylostblog.altervista.org/skins/media-player-skins/original-skins/wmp-skin-006-iphone-20
    Listopad: new skin, at http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=74&view=findpost&p=4158144
    templay.de: FileOpen dialog icons, at http://templay.de/Neu/52/Free-Mobile-Berries.html
    xiaojin1985: bluetooth AVRCP support, at http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1640628

Special thanks to original creators of this beast, at http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
    or
    http://corecodec.com/

Features of this build:
    Support of FLV1 FLV4 videos and subtitles straight of the box.
    matroska.plg is mkv version 2.0 compliant.
    flac.plg has the latest 1.2.1 library
    working equalizer
    asap.plg has the latest library (still some problems exists)
    skinnable interface
    Supports BT AVRCP
    includes mpc.plg and tta.plg plugins
    player will keep playing when device is put to suspend mode
    softkey based menu across all screens
    refer to goolge code for more recent update messages

Installation instructions:
    Be sure to uninstall old tcpmp before installing;
    Download cab installer (recommended for Windows mobile 6 and above);
    Install;
    Pick suitable skin pack, for further info read readme.txt in corresponding pack. Or you can try skins created by other users (links are provided below);
    That's it.

TCPMP skins by other users:
    WMP12-like skin from Osprey00: link
    GTX skin by nick13c: link
    QVGA only skin by MrGoodtunes: link
    Vista Dream (QVGA only) skin by charly_: link
    Skin for WQVGA screens by Corwin9S: link
    WP7 style skin by chriscsh: link
    QVGA only skin by millo1978: link
    skins for WWGA by relaxe: link
    Various skins: link

Other resources regarding TCPMP
    Info about skinning: link
    If you want a clean TCPMP version without skin support visit Unit ZER0's thread
    Huge collection of TCPMP resources by frmariam: link
    Another TCPMP based player that has pretty nice Real Video playback: Wepop

I hope you'll enjoy this build, Cheers :cool:

If you'll gona post this build somewhere else please link back to this thread. Let's play fair :)

Sourcecode and previous release can be downloaded here

Sreenshots:

Hello everyone I've compiled a new release with the following features:
    *Added ability to decode FLV1 videos using mpeg4.plg from sources found at pudn.com (i'm surprised that this mod wasn't released before)
    *Added Monkey's audio decoder (ape.plg), not the most useful plugin :D, but coding it helped to investigate certain parts of code.
    *Added ability to load cover art (folder.jpg, cover.jpg, front.jpg) for FLAC audio files
    *Increased max URL length to 512 chars
    *Turned on some compiler optimisations which may improve speed
    *Also reverted ati3200.plg and intel2700.plg to original state (since I have complaint regarding speed and other behaviour)

Donwload it from first post and enjoy :)

Also below is subtitle-free build.
    Everyone,
    I've created a skin based on Windows Media Player 12 (the latest version, included in Windows 7). It's good for those who want a simple, clean skin with minimal interface (i.e. not taking up half of the screen) and, especially, those who are very comfortable with WMP's controls. I also felt it important to include as many of the skinnable controls as possible (moreso than existing skins), so all sizes have "Open", "Playlist", "Mute", "Previous" and "Next buttons and most have "Shuffle", "Repeat" and "FastFwd" buttons. I also added text labels to the buttons because it takes the guesswork out and makes the skin more comfortable to use, IMO. If you'd prefer no text labels, open the Background.bmp in a paint program and paint over the labels with black.

backgroundwo.png
    wmp12skinl.jpg

wmp12skin480l.jpg

buttonspressed480.jpg

The following sizes are included:

For Windows Mobile phones...
    HVGA (320x480)
    QVGA (240x320)
    VGA (480x640)
    WQVGA (240x400)
    WVGA (480x800)

For CE Core (PND/GPS) devices...
    320x240
    240x320
    480x234
    480x272
    272x480
    640x480
    800x480

If you need a different size, see the included Readme for some simple instructions on how you can modify one of the existing sizes to whatever size that you need.

EDIT: Replaced all tabs in the XML files with spaces to satisfy a bug in later builds of interface.plg.

EDIT #2: Added HVGA (320x480) version (for the HTC HD Mini, for example).

EDIT #3: Added the same grey background to the 240x320, 240x400 and 272x480 versions that the larger sizes have.

EDIT #4: Magnified the size of the controls for the 480x800, 800x480, 480x640 and 640x480 skins. (Note: all releases until this point have been downloaded a total of ~1400 times)

Still having that playlist issue I mentioned in an earlier post. And I did compare some earlier builds of TCPMP, the "Use Blitting" option was present then, but not in the current release. Is this option no longer necessary? Will re-implementing it improve performance? And is there any other solution to that playlist issue?
    You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.
    SOLVED!

You mentioned that you are using intel2007g decoder, try to replace current intel2007g.plg with official one (from http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/) if it fixes the problem i will recompile that plugin using original sources.

You were right... The original "Intel2700G.plg" file solved my problem. Now, when I move to other items in my playlist by skipping forward or backward to the next file while in fullscreen, the screen doesn't go black. There is still no "Use Blitting" option available anywhere, but, Interestingly, the "Dither" option, under "Options -> Video" is no longer grayed out when a video file is loaded. Before, when no video file was loaded, this option could be checked or unchecked, and whenever a file was loaded, the option grayed out, and was locked to whatever it had been set to before loading, either checked or unchecked. Now, "Dither" can be checked or unchecked mid-playback. Also, subtitles are displayed at the absolute bottom of the visual field in portrait, and the bottom of the screen in fullscreen mode, rendering "widescreen" video files completely unobstructed.