Flashtool to be used for Latest ICS beta?

Search This thread

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
What i mean is if there is a .tft or .ftf for the new beta of ICS cause i dont want to unlock my bootloader. The very reason i have a custom rom is i created multiple method just to have one. For example my Xperia Play as of this moment is running the T.E.A.M Rom w/ default ericson kernel. How did i do that? I used a kernel w/ Superuser and Clockwork then flashed again replacing just the kernel and i was able to use a Rom. Anyway i relly on flashtool to get more w/o unlocking my bootloader, but is there a flashtool process to get the ICS beta working?

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
I guess this means that the flashtool serves no purpose for the xplay beta, better wait for the official w/c doesnt require unlock bootloader.

Btw the other free method w/c uses a pin, i was able to successfully do that. But the dos for fastboot wont continue, that made methink that unlock bootload for me is unsuccess though the tool said mine is unlocked.

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
Sorry im not really that techy but ill read that relock, cause what i know is that relocking bootloader has its rules and limit, would it be possible to relock after flashing to ICS Beta. ICS w/ safe locked bootloader.

ezadsyafiq99

Mar 15, 2012
Malacca
Sorry im not really that techy but ill read that relock, cause what i know is that relocking bootloader has its rules and limit, would it be possible to relock after flashing to ICS Beta. ICS w/ safe locked bootloader.

relock bootloder is so easy.. what u need is .ftf file and flash it using flashtool
you cant relock it when using custom rom.. it may brick your device :eek:
my suggestion is unlock your bootloader to flash ICS beta and when ICS officially release by sony.. u can relock it back but u must flash the stock rom first to receive that update :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What i mean is if there is a .tft or .ftf for the new beta of ICS cause i dont want to unlock my bootloader. The very reason i have a custom rom is i created multiple method just to have one. For example my Xperia Play as of this moment is running the T.E.A.M Rom w/ default ericson kernel. How did i do that? I used a kernel w/ Superuser and Clockwork then flashed again replacing just the kernel and i was able to use a Rom. Anyway i relly on flashtool to get more w/o unlocking my bootloader, but is there a flashtool process to get the ICS beta working?

What no? What i asked if it is possible or if theres one.

why not u unlock bootloader?? u can relock back using flashtool..

relock bootloder is so easy.. what u need is .ftf file and flash it using flashtool
    you cant relock it when using custom rom.. it may brick your device :eek:
    my suggestion is unlock your bootloader to flash ICS beta and when ICS officially release by sony.. u can relock it back but u must flash the stock rom first to receive that update :)