[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
It's okay for the Footprint issue, I found a workaround.

Have to take a simple picture (non GPS one) then set as footprints and then after that ONLY, set the GPS coordinates.

Cheers mate, hope it would make some people happy ;-)
Yeah, that seems to be the only way to make it work. Doesn't make any sense that you can't just add a GPS photo to Footprints, but it must have something to do with the Leo camera hardware. At least there's a workaround, for people that want to use it.

This may seem dumb as I'm probably the last person on the planet that still uses it, but is there a way to reenable the "phone keypad" option for text entry or did you remove it entirely?
I installed another keyboard and it was working fine, but when I'd switch back and forth between keyboards I couldn't shut off t9.
You can select it with the SIP Menu shortcut in the Tools menu, but it doesn't work right.
I have a People Tab question - I have not had time today to do a thorough search yet to look into it but thought I would post it here in case an answer is know - When i add contact to the people Tab Shortcuts after I add a couple I loose graphics and have a screen full of white boxes, is this a know issue or a glitch? More of a curiosity question since I don't really use the tab but the contacts instead.
I have seen these graphical glitches. I'm not sure if the cause is because the graphics have been CFC'ed, because of ported files, or because of the system resources that Sense 2.5 consumes. Whichever it is, I haven't found a permanent fix for it, but it is a known issue.

I am just going to throw out my opinion if you don't mind. I used Cap's 2.1 Rom pretty much since he released it, and just in the last week or so switched to the 2.5. Besides the differences you mentioned (which I think you were correct on them all) I find the speed to be comparable on both ROMs, I have not experienced any hangs, and at least in my experience battery life is better for me on 2.5. I personally don't miss landscape support since i really only used it for messaging and that is in 2.5 build, and as for people tab as i said above I have looked at it but prefer to have my softkey mapped to All People on home screen. I guess that is my long winded way of saying that unless you need landscape or the hangs are too much to deal with I think 2.5 is the way to go.
I agree with this assessment. For some reason, my Sense 2.5 ROM is quite honestly the fastest ROM with Manila that I've ever used (2.1, 2.5 or older). And i really have no idea why, but I find it awesome. That, and I really like the Manila Locker Mod for Sense 2.5 made by Kisja & amarullz.

I am also a fan of the Phone Keyad so you are not alone. It can be enabled using EZInput Sip Menu under tools, however I have not been able to get it working correctly yet. Just curious when you said you installed another that worked fine did you mean a working phone keypad or just another full keyboard option?
I am going to try to get those SIP options working; however I don't think it'll be possible to fully have the hardware keyboard working, and have all of the EzInput SIP input options working as well. For me, the hardware keyboard working is more important. If others feel differently, let me know, and I may be able to come up with a fix that makes all the SIP options work, but breaks a few of the hardware keyboard shortcuts.

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
I agree with this assessment. For some reason, my Sense 2.5 ROM is quite honestly the fastest ROM with Manila that I've ever used (2.1, 2.5 or older). And i really have no idea why, but I find it awesome. That, and I really like the Manila Locker Mod for Sense 2.5 made by Kisja & amarullz.
Grrr...I wish I could figure out my Manila Locker issue...I loved it until I wasn't getting my push mail. You are still not seeing that issue when it has been in standby for a few minutes? I may do a clean install this weekend and test that first before installing anything...
I am going to try to get those SIP options working; however I don't think it'll be possible to fully have the hardware keyboard working, and have all of the EzInput SIP input options working as well. For me, the hardware keyboard working is more important. If others feel differently, let me know, and I may be able to come up with a fix that makes all the SIP options work, but breaks a few of the hardware keyboard shortcuts.
Hardware KB working 99.5% or better is paramount for this device, IMHO...if you do come up with a "fix" for this, I suggest it be an option cab and not installed in the base ROM...

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
Got it figured out working beatifully. Read back through the thread. You can install that cab and use it in t9, then on the HW keyboard hit FN- Right arrow and turn t9 off for it.
Works like a charm:)

What cab are you refering to? I have tried I think all the cabs and still cannot get the EZinput phone pad to type anything but numbers. If you have it working can you share what you did?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Grrr...I wish I could figure out my Manila Locker issue...I loved it until I wasn't getting my push mail. You are still not seeing that issue when it has been in standby for a few minutes? I may do a clean install this weekend and test that first before installing anything...
I actually haven't tested my Exchange e-mail disconnected from data prior to locking, and letting the device be locked for a few minutes prior to sending a test e-mail. I'll check that after this ROM flash I'm in the middle of . . . :p

Hardware KB working 99.5% or better is paramount for this device, IMHO...if you do come up with a "fix" for this, I suggest it be an option cab and not installed in the base ROM...
Agreed. The reason most of us have Raphaels instead of Diamonds is because we want a working hardware keybaord. Right now the hardware keyboards should be working 100%. Any changes I make will decrease that percentage. Since you mentioned 99.5% . . . is there anything NOT working on your hardware keyboard currently?

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
Agreed. The reason most of us have Raphaels instead of Diamonds is because we want a working hardware keybaord. Right now the hardware keyboards should be working 100%. Any changes I make will decrease that percentage. Since you mentioned 99.5% . . . is there anything NOT working on your hardware keyboard currently?
well, you just made my day...I said 99.5% because all the other EzInput installations I have seen on the Fuze did not have Fn+Sym support. I guess I have been out of the loop and hadn't tested it, just assumed that was something I would have to live with using a ROM with EzInput...

but I just tested on your ROM and IT WORKS!!!! :) Good work!!!

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
I actually haven't tested my Exchange e-mail disconnected from data prior to locking, and letting the device be locked for a few minutes prior to sending a test e-mail. I'll check that after this ROM flash I'm in the middle of . . . :p
New ROM??? ETA? I wold love to just flash a new ROM instead of flashing such an ancient ROM (1/15) to retest Manila Locker!!! :)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
New ROM??? ETA? I wold love to just flash a new ROM instead of flashing such an ancient ROM (1/15) to retest Manila Locker!!! :)
I'm just flashing some test ROMs to see why my Long Press End Key isn't working. I don't have anything new to release . . . yet :p.

Sounds like you need to attend a ROM Flashers Anonymous meeting . . .

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
Sounds like you need to attend a ROM Flashers Anonymous meeting . . .
well...if SBSH had kept up with the times, I would never flash as much as I have recently. Now, without a bunch of their apps and phonealarm and loading skins and config files for each of those after a flash/hard reset, etc, flashing is about an hour process for me to get my phone setup since I am using Sense to cover alot of the functions I relied on 3rd party apps for. Also, Sense 2.5 has really stepped up the PIM usability in the absence of a fully functional PocketBreeze for WM6.5 in the days of touch use and eyecandy.

My flashing may slow down if Amit finally keeps his word and releases a game changer...word is that a revamped PocketBreeze release is looming that is fully wm6.5 compatible. If it is a keeper, I may not have to seek out the latest and greatest to get the most out of my phone.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
maybe a conflict with an app? Did you retry a fresh install of the 1/15 ROM?
That's a good idea. I'll do that after I check the Manila Locker issue.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like Manila Locker is not affecting my push e-mail. Here's what I did:

- In Sounds & Notifications, I set "New e-mail Message" to "Vibrate".
- In Power settings, I set the backlight to turn off after 10 seconds, and power to turn off after 40 seconds.
- I disconnected from data (using Long Press End Key).
- Then I locked the device with Manila locker, and visually verified it was locked.
- Finally, I pressed the power button to put the phone into standby.

I was planning on sending myself a test message after about 8 minutes, but someone e-mailed me 3-4 minutes after i put the phone down, and it immediately began to vibrate. In fact, I just put it down again, after letting it dim and then turn off about 2-3 mnutes ago, and I just got another e-mail on my device right as it popped up on my PC. So it seems that the Locker isn't preventing push (Exchange) e-mail on my device.

EDIT 2 (Long Press End Key update): Ok, so I flashed the 1/15 Sense 2.5 23518 Fuze edition, and Long Press End Key works fine. Apparently, it just needed a few re-flashes to get working again. Weird. I guess that means I have nothing more to fix :eek:. I guess i'll just sit around and wait for a new build.

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
That's a good idea. I'll do that after I check the Manila Locker issue.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like Manila Locker is not affecting my push e-mail. Here's what I did:

- In Sounds & Notifications, I set "New e-mail Message" to "Vibrate".
- In Power settings, I set the backlight to turn off after 10 seconds, and power to turn off after 40 seconds.
- I disconnected from data (using Long Press End Key).
- Then I locked the device with Manila locker, and visually verified it was locked.
- Finally, I pressed the power button to put the phone into standby.

I was planning on sending myself a test message after about 8 minutes, but someone e-mailed me 3-4 minutes after i put the phone down, and it immediately began to vibrate. In fact, I just put it down again, after letting it dim and then turn off about 2-3 mnutes ago, and I just got another e-mail on my device right as it popped up on my PC. So it seems that the Locker isn't preventing push (Exchange) e-mail on my device.

EDIT 2 (Long Press End Key update): Ok, so I flashed the 1/15 Sense 2.5 23518 Fuze edition, and Long Press End Key works fine. Apparently, it just needed a few re-flashes to get working again. Weird. I guess that means I have nothing more to fix :eek:. I guess i'll just sit around and wait for a new build.
good news...I'll reflash sometime in the next couple days and see if it fixes these issues for me. Thanks!!!

Nickyschelfaut

Jan 13, 2010
nijmegen
hee cap, i use your rom again. and after reflashing it's a whole bit stable:O. i only have some question.

some of the other roms i tried have a nice feauture, when you press the left phone button for a while you get a screen (it's a little bit amateur) in wich you can put vibrate on, or let the flash work as a flashlight. I think you don't wan't to cook it in your rom. but do you know the name. Than i am able to install it on my phone!

and: i never use data connection because it's very expensive in the Netherlands (10 euro per month, and i am 16 so i am not doing it) Zo i need to pay 1 euro for every mb. but sometimes an app is making data connection. i now have settet up a fake connection under connections

and let the phone chose it as default connection. ( myconnection diale number 000), so it is fake but sometime the phone makes a connection though? is there a simple way to block data connection

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
hee cap, i use your rom again. and after reflashing it's a whole bit stable:O. i only have some question.

some of the other roms i tried have a nice feauture, when you press the left phone button for a while you get a screen (it's a little bit amateur) in wich you can put vibrate on, or let the flash work as a flashlight. I think you don't wan't to cook it in your rom. but do you know the name. Than i am able to install it on my phone!
No idea on this one. Maybe someone else can help? What other ROMs have it? Can you find a screenshot? That might help me figure out what it is.

and: i never use data connection because it's very expensive in the Netherlands (10 euro per month, and i am 16 so i am not doing it) Zo i need to pay 1 euro for every mb. but sometimes an app is making data connection. i now have settet up a fake connection under connections

and let the phone chose it as default connection. ( myconnection diale number 000), so it is fake but sometime the phone makes a connection though? is there a simple way to block data connection
Try this: MoDaCo NoData

EDIT: And i broke Long Press End again. The only difference is that I'm cooking my personal ROM, where I include several registry settings so I don't have to input them manually. Apparently one of those tweaks is breaking Long Press End. I'll have to remove them one at a time to figure out what's doing it.

Last edited:

hedcayce

Aug 22, 2009
Fix for phone keypad

for some reason it won't let me upload an attachment, but I uninstalled the ezinput in the remove programs list and installed this.

BJK_HTC_EzInput_VGA_FullKbd_0409-RC2

If you copy/paste it in to google it comes up with a couple downloads for it. This let both keyboards work fine.

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
for some reason it won't let me upload an attachment, but I uninstalled the ezinput in the remove programs list and installed this.

BJK_HTC_EzInput_VGA_FullKbd_0409-RC2

If you copy/paste it in to google it comes up with a couple downloads for it. This let both keyboards work fine.

Ok got it thanks .. I had misunderstood at firat I though you had a cab that made the one cooked in work LOL . Thanks for the info I will try it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.