[Q] KERNAL error kernal contains htc anti-firewater patch

Search This thread

AndroidM8

Oct 21, 2014

So if I am using a HTC M8 currently running Cyanogenmod 11, I tried to run SunShine but it is found to be incompatible because it requires a ROM which is closer to stock Sense. Can you recommend me any? And also, SunShine works on any kernel and ROM close to stock Sense right? Just wanna be sure before I get any of my efforts wasted. THANKS!!!! :)

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
So if I am using a HTC M8 currently running Cyanogenmod 11, I tried to run SunShine but it is found to be incompatible because it requires a ROM which is closer to stock Sense. Can you recommend me any? And also, SunShine works on any kernel and ROM close to stock Sense right? Just wanna be sure before I get any of my efforts wasted. THANKS!!!! :)

I just used the stock nandroid for my version posted here and rooted it and run Sunshine .. no problems

AndroidM8

Oct 21, 2014
yes the instructions are in the thread how to use them

Hi. I managed to S-Off my device using SunShine. Now trying to convert it into a GPE edition. However, whenever on my command prompt I type in,
'adb reboot bootloader', it says error: device not found.
what should i do? please help me.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi. I managed to S-Off my device using SunShine. Now trying to convert it into a GPE edition. However, whenever on my command prompt I type in,
'adb reboot bootloader', it says error: device not found.
what should i do? please help me.

you need to enable developer options in the settings/about/software Information/More/Build Number ...click the word build 6 or 7 times.

then go back and in Developer Options turn on USB Debugging

Last edited:

Lewis_Koseck

Apr 26, 2012
htc one m7 sprint hboot 1.57

This phone is driving me crazy. If I try to install a rom it breaks the radio (No cell signal) even if I restore back to the original. Every kernel I have ever tried also breaks the radio
antiFirewater patch!
I am rooted but not able to install busybox, have tried many zips to change perms to 755 no luck only soft bricks
have had to take this back to sprint store a couple times to get restored from a brick
I used to do fine with the galaxy nexus and the droid x (loved the droid x)
but not sure why I cant achieve s-off or well anything
any help or links or ideas

Sorry if this is posted wrong or in the wrong area I'm forum illiterate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the record, just managed to S-OFF using firewater with:
    No, a custom kernel will just enable some features you don't have now, like double tap the screen to wake and sleep, or swipe to wake or sleep, allow you to overclock etc, select which features you want during install.

If your not sure of anything, just select recommended or stock for everything during install, you can flash it multiple times and experiment each time with different settings.

Just one question for you however, if you don't know anything about flashing kernels etc, why do you possible want S-OFF, its very dangerous for someone with little or no knowledge and very easy to brick you phone, S-ON stops you flashing wrong software which may brick your phone, S-OFF relies on you knowing what you are doing, if its wrong with S-OFF, it will still flash and you will have a dead phone.
    Hi,

I tried to flash the suggested ROM but it looks like it has failed and I have the HTC logo on white background and no more.

It says:
    Code:
    >>> Setting permissions
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /data/media/0/ROMs/One_5.11.401.10_deodexed.zip (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I've read it could be a wrong recovery but that's the only one I am able to run without errors. I'm using PhilZ.

bad download/corrupted file. redownload,
    Code:
    >>> Setting permissions
    [B][COLOR="Red"]set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed[/COLOR][/B]
    E:Error in /data/media/0/ROMs/One_5.11.401.10_deodexed.zip (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I've read it could be a wrong recovery but that's the only one I am able to run without errors. I'm using PhilZ.

bad recovery (it's actually mentioned in the faq sticky), use twrp 2.6.3.3
    ... 2.8 series should work too i think (i haven't personally tested 2.8series, only updated recovery today and no flashes yet :))
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
    ARHD is custom Rom. If you search ARHD htc one then u will see it. It is a very popular Rom .