[Lock Screen Weather]

Search This thread

ZigZaGz

Apr 30, 2011
Here is the MODDED LGKeyguard.apk for the lock screen weather effects on a LG G3 F400K with the 10G software. It may be compatible with other version but I am only able to test with what I have.

Requires Root Access!

Instruction: Download and extract apk to phone somewhere you no where to find it. Backup the old LGKeyguard.apk and LGKeyguard.ODEX.

1)----->Install the Modded apk in th system/priv-app and set permission rw-r--r-- or permissions 644.
2)----->Next delete the LGKeyguard.odex from the system/priv-app and reboot phone.
3)----->Should get the optimizing/upgrading on reboot and hopefully weather effects on lock screen.
4)----->Make sure you have sync on and a weather widget somewhere as it seems to require them to work.(See post #34)

Attachments

• LGKeyguard.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 27,524
Last edited:

Deagles

Aug 9, 2014
Here is the MODDED LGKeyguard.apk for the lock screen weather effects on a LG G3 F400K with the 10G software. It may be compatible with other version but I am only able to test with what I have.

Instruction: Download and extract apk to phone somewhere you no where to find it. Backup the old LGKeyguard.apk and LGKeyguard.ODEX.

1)----->Install the Modded apk in th system/priv-app and set permission rw-r--r-- or permissions 644.
2)----->Next delete the LGKeyguard.odex from the system/priv-app and reboot phone.
3)----->Should get the optimizing/upgrading on reboot and hopefully weather effects on lock screen.

İt works on V10İ and V10E thanks mate.

By the way never try the keyguard.apk in this page on v10x versions it gives the systemui.error and you can't do anything on homescreen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZigZaGz

sille

Oct 24, 2013
Amberg
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
would you be so kind and share your wallpaper pls? :)

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Btw did u change the nav bar ??? Mine looks different than before... the buttons are now grey and not white anymore :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooledzero

ZigZaGz

Apr 30, 2011
would you be so kind and share your wallpaper pls? :)

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Btw did u change the nav bar ??? Mine looks different than before... the buttons are now grey and not white anymore :(

If you are talking about the LGKeyguard.apk this does not effect your status bar or home/search/return bar, only the lock screen. You would need to check your settings in the display area I think which has like 4 options for what you are describing I believe. It is possible it resest to default but I believe white was the default for home bar. The status bar would not be selectable that I know of unless you modified framework(i.e. Xposed).

ZigZaGz

Apr 30, 2011
so does this stay on the lockscreen? on my phone right now i see the clouds or sun fade in then fade out and thats it

Yes, that is the way it works. The cloudy animation was previously turned off. The animations only display once when you turn the phone on and you see the lock screen. The also reflect what the weather is available thru the weather app/widget.

pdash79

Mar 25, 2010
Yes, that is the way it works. The cloudy animation was previously turned off. The animations only display once when you turn the phone on and you see the lock screen. The also reflect what the weather is available thru the weather app/widget.

Took backup of existing LGKeyguard apk and odex file from /system/priv-app folder.
Removed both files.
Added the LGKeyguard.apk file from the attachment in OP and set the permissions to 644 and rebooted.
No weather on lockscreen :(
I am using D855 indian version and currently rooted on 10i.
Yes, the weather animation box is ticked in display settings under lockscreen.

Any advice as to what could be the problem or if i did anything in correctly and what i can do to fix???

Regards,
Pdash

ZigZaGz

Apr 30, 2011
Took backup of existing LGKeyguard apk and odex file from /system/priv-app folder.
Removed both files.
Added the LGKeyguard.apk file from the attachment in OP and set the permissions to 644 and rebooted.
No weather on lockscreen :(
I am using D855 indian version and currently rooted on 10i.
Yes, the weather animation box is ticked in display settings under lockscreen.

Any advice as to what could be the problem or if i did anything in correctly and what i can do to fix???

Regards,
Pdash

I am assuming you place the unzipped LGkeyguard.apk in the same directory system/priv-app so, did you get the android optimizing apps when rebooted? Also make sure when setting permissions the sticky bit is off some folks miss that, depends on what tool you are using to set the permissions. One last thing might be are you using a when widget on the phone and is it working correctly...might want to open it and refresh it just in case. I do not have that specific phone but assuming you see a lockscreen at all tells me most likely it is working to some degree, or it may not but compatible with the software version completely. Might also try to deselect the weather animation box then reboot and then recheck it maybe if you have not tried that. Maybe someone else with the same model/software version might have more info.

Good Luck!

Reactions: muhamet

pdash79

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks for your response mate.
I am using file manager app. It does nit show info on sticky keys etc. Which app do you recommend i use?
I shall try doing the few jugglings you have mentioned. Hoping it can work out.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requires Root Access!

4)----->Make sure you have sync on and a weather widget somewhere as it seems to require them to work.(See post #34)
    Nice!

Working great TMob D851...

Thank you!
    Thanks. Working well on D855 V10J . :D
    I had the same problem,no home button and no lockscreen,set the right permissions and the weather widget on the homescreen,still no joy,D855 v10i

Sent from my LG-D855

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I had the same problem,no home button and no lockscreen,set the right permissions and the weather widget on the homescreen,still no joy,D855 v10i

Sent from my LG-D855

Finally!!!...ok so here's what I did in exactly this order
    Download the zip
    Extract the file
    Copy it to system/priv-app
    Overwrite when prompted
    Delete the .odex
    Go back out of system/priv-app
    Navigate back to lgkeyguard.apk
    Reset permissions to the rw-r-r
    Set weather widget on homescreen
    Turn on sync
    Reboot
    After optimizing screen wait for the weather widget to load
    And voila!!!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Sync has to be ON for weather effects.