prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
New build is up
- working camera
- big update to kernel
- No longer using egl hack
- global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
- media scanner behaviour (as well a slim unique ported over feature)
- turn off camera shutter sound
- possibility to turn of wifi thether over notification
- improve scrolling cache
- speed up statusbar
- don't wackup when device is plugged on charger
- tons of fixes we had in 4.3 we ported over into 4.4 which google still missed
- all mms/sms features are back
- settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
as reference see: https://github.com/SlimRoms/packages...66a7211b4b8379
- major system core updates
- and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
- aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
- new gapps

As always use report and provide logs.

Cheers

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
New build is up
- working camera
- big update to kernel
- global power menu in settings (check it out....a new slim unique feature I just programmed yesterday to our liking)
- speed up statusbar
- settings got a lot love....maybe not directly noticable...but a lot changed there
- and a lot minor stuff and for sure here and there I missed a commit/feature to mention...to much is changing at the moment lol
- aaaah and our themer as well did again same UI tweaks to get google UI finished like they thought it
- new gapps

Cheers

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
With version from 16 November I have everything running fine except for proximity sensor in calls. Everything else is great. FWIW I'm in UK on EE 4gee using Dalvik (for now due to compatibility of many apps).

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Try a different modem

Just to update, a different modem didn't help at all.

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Guys use cwm. Tester with this problem has network on this build using latest cwm and newer baseband.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

marcyspark

Apr 11, 2005
London
With version from 16 November I have everything running fine except for proximity sensor in calls. Everything else is great. FWIW I'm in UK on EE 4gee using Dalvik (for now due to compatibility of many apps).

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Just to update, a different modem didn't help at all.

It was worth a try. I have everything running great except for the proximity sensor. It worked briefly but now doesnt. I have tested it using Android Sensor tester and it is not registering a sausage. A big issue during phone calls unless I use bluetooth or turn the screen off during calls.

I was initially getting FCs with Clock but that was fixed by forcing the app to close then clearing the data.

Great work Slim! I had been waiting for Stock 4.3.... which is now here.... and which is now outdated by your fantastic work.

marcyspark

Apr 11, 2005
London
Superuser doesn't allow RW access to system for some reason. Flashing SuperSU 1.69 zip from recovery seems to have resolved this.

Any thoughts / ideas of why this was the case or whether using SuperSU was a bad idea. It all appears fine at the mo.

redrider54

Jun 15, 2011
New Mexico, US
ypu need to go into SU settings (the app one, not built in) unclick "respect cm superuser settings" should work after that. It did for me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: marcyspark

razvan11malancus

Feb 22, 2010
Iasi
Cm11 is working great, everything works except for external SD Card...cell signal and camera are working :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Regarding signal issue I recommend using the latest CWM when flashing. I got the same problem when using TWRP but with latest CWM, I managed to have signal.

EDIT: This is the first time I have installed Slim ROMs so I was wondering, is it a way to change the dpi? Everything appears kind of small. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
Regarding signal issue I recommend using the latest CWM when flashing. I got the same problem when using TWRP but with latest CWM, I managed to have signal.

EDIT: This is the first time I have installed Slim ROMs so I was wondering, is it a way to change the dpi? Everything appears kind of small. Thanks.

U can try edit build.prop inside the root system folder. Look for ro.sf.lcd_density text line. It should be 245, change it to 320. Save and reboot.

sent from my GT-N7105 on SlimRom Build 2.2 Official

razvan11malancus

Feb 22, 2010
Iasi
U can try edit build.prop inside the root system folder. Look for ro.sf.lcd_density text line. It should be 245, change it to 320. Save and reboot.

sent from my GT-N7105 on SlimRom Build 2.2 Official

Thanks mate!

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Use Rom Toolbox (Lite or Pro) to change for now. Option isn't in the settings yet...

Thanks!

gretschpr

Apr 1, 2008
San Juan
Use Rom Toolbox (Lite or Pro) to change for now. Option isn't in the settings yet...

not sure what happened in this post but apparently it mixed things up, the replies are like it was me the one who asked to change dpi but it wasnt me, this is definitively NOT the firt time i use or flash Slim roms LOL xD

edit: im just saying this because im getting notifications of being quoted, not because i dont appreciate the help, it is always welcomed ;)

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

So insightful...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

indeed....lol

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
I'm currently trying out lion rom 4.3. I did flash this rom earlier and thought I'd just mention that rocket player music app doesn't detect the sd card on slimkat. But does on 4.3 slimbean

GT N7105 with XDA Premium......that is all......

Reactions: Gandicela

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
Just trying out this ROM again.. Where's slim centre option? It says its installed via system apps? Also is the option for dark slim not in slimkat?

GT N7105 with XDA Premium......that is all......

zaxharu

Oct 21, 2012
has anyone tried the latest build? does it have Slim dark feature already?

and can anyone provide link for the latest CWM recovery?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat on T0lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    prbassplayer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
    Current Beta Version: Build 6.9

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-07-04
    New build is up
    - working camera
    - big update to kernel
    - speed up statusbar
    - new gapps

Cheers
    Question for @prbassplayer or anyone who has found out how to do it...
    How do I get into performance settings on this ROM?
    Used to use use cm11 and could set all sorts of performance tweaks. Not looking to over clock this more looking to tweak to really stretch battery life to the max

Use apps like TricksterMod

New weekly is out!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    Weekly is rolling out with new heads-up and reworked quite hours