My Whitestone experiencie

Search This thread

lumiden

Oct 28, 2008
So, I just installed the Whitestone Dome on my S10+.

1) Installation is complicated for someone who has never done this kind of screen protector before.
2) Fingerprint for me is working exactly as before. If I put the finger in the right place for enough time then I get like 100% success rate. Don't even need to press harder than before.
3) I got bubbles... My desk wasn't perfectly flat, so like 30% of the adhesive started spilling out and I think this caused the bubbles, but you can avoid it by doing it in a perfectly flat surface.

I hate having bubbles cos it's a expensive screen protector, but they are not as bad... so maybe in the future I'll try to reapply it.

Hope this helped.

soldiersinx

Jul 25, 2011
I would look on Ali Express for replacement uv screens. You already have what probably cost the most from White Stone, which is the application contraption.

algnerd

Sep 5, 2011
Algiers
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia X
Well, for me, it was hard to apply it the first time. I'm glad I went with the box with 2 screens protectors.
About 2 or 3 weeks after applying it, I started noticing some cracks on it even if the I didn't drop the phone nor had it in same pocket as change and keys but still it was good. a couple of days ago I accidentally dropped the phone from about 1m high and it did absorb the chock very well. I'll definitely would get a replacement from them soon.
As for the fingerprint it does work fine and I have about 9:10 success rate.

lumiden

Oct 28, 2008
After one month of use I have a different view on this.

1) Fingerprint stops working after a few days and you need to redo the prints every 3/4 days. Even if you do that, it won't work great.

2) I can see more bubbles than before, specially on the edges.

3) One corner has a small crack, so can't reapply it... I think I only droped it once and I have a strong case, so the glass didn't even touched the floor.

I would recommend not to expend this amount of money on this. It would be ok if it costed 20 usd. But 50? 40? It's just too expensive for this product.

Reactions: ninestarkoko

twoxa

Jun 10, 2009
Boston
In my case it was perfect installation, following instructions. I'd say fingerprint is harder todete t now

Pixelguy

Nov 5, 2011
Iv been using an Amazon brand Whitestone for years by a company called "color" they are the same quality and never had any issues with them.. cost me £10 GBP

Reactions: jockrocky

umx

Oct 16, 2009
i installed the white dome.. i have used them on many many phones.. have to say finger printer scanner doesnt work worth a **** now with it on there.

umx

Oct 16, 2009
the whitestone will kill the finger print scanner to useless mode..

BuBbLeFIZzY

Jan 3, 2013
They have an old video and an updated one. The update one will tell you to cure the bottom and top for 15 seconds each, and then take the phone out and apply pressure for a minute to the finger print reader. Not too hard not to soft. I did it more on the hard side just to make sure. Then cure all around for 4 mins total top and bottom. The finger print reader will work as if it was naked. Trust me I tried this glass for the 5th time. And this little info did the trick. You know it you did it right if you attempt to use it without redoing your fingerprint. It would be a hit and miss until you rescan it. I would also leave your old one in there incase you have to remove it. So you dont have to redo the fps again.

Reactions: SeppGoPro

SeppGoPro

I can confirm BuBbLeFIZzY's experience.
Im from German and i chose also a cheep solution.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07TMYSJKF/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_egP-DbKJECCP2
First I applied it as I was used to with my s8 and it resulted in a very unreliable fingerprint scanner. Then second time I followed the instuction of dome Glas and as BuBbLeFIZzY's mentioned... it worked out perfectly. It's like 95% fingerprint accuracy so basicly as it was before.
I can recommend this. Just do the pressing after first stage trick and it will be perfect.
Save your money. Dome Glas is in my opinion not worth it (I had one) and the Installation without the frame was equaly difficult or easy. (I think it is even easier to apply the protector without the plastic around it because you can soak up spare adhesive at the edges.)

Reactions: BuBbLeFIZzY

BuBbLeFIZzY

Jan 3, 2013
I think it's great. Just make sure you register your warranty and you can get a new one for $10 bucks. And make sure you keep the light because they only send you the screen and 2 glue and the frame. For some reason I been dropping my phone alot lately and keep cracking it. So i claimed at least twice within a month and they dont care. I think they know it cracks real easy. Also save your finger print with and without the screen protector so if it does crack you dont need to redo it all over again. Even though I had set the fp with the glass on when I took it off it still worked. And still did when I had to put a new one on. Just dont forget to press real firm for a minute like I said before.

ret4425

Mar 10, 2007
FWIW, I got this one from BB and had them install it. That was the key. They messed up with three of them, no cost to me. Then one was on pretty good, and over about four months it started showing wear and tear. Took it back in and they replaced it again. No charge. This one is solid, no bubbles, no drama. I can't speak to the whole "hybrid" thing, seems like a normal screen protector to me, but the scratches and dings my first one had would have messed up my screen for sure.

In this case, it was $40 well spent for a $1000 phone. And I thought sure they would have given me drama about the length of time I had it on, but not one problem. Watching them open up four $40 protectors off the floor was a trip the first time,. I couldn't imagine trying to do it myself. Like I said, FWIW

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-i...sung-galaxy-s10-clear/6356750.p?skuId=6356750

Melissakis

Aug 27, 2013
Thessaloniki
Yesterday I decided to buy the Whitestone, more out of curiosity. I applied it myself.
The installation was the most difficult I've done on any phone, too many parts, too many things to consider, too many perfectly timed actions needed. I wasn't able to avoid the mistake, so I got two small bubbles at the center of the screen. The look bad when the screen is off.
I did my best and followed the instructions as closely as possible, especially concerning the fingerprint scanner, which is a must for me. So, I can safely say that I'm on my second day and the fingerprint scanner works more than 90% well. I could go as far as to say that it works even better than before, maybe because the glass gives me a better feeling. Only time will tell, I'll keep you posted. One thing's is for sure, its price is off the charts and does not allow too many experiments, €40 is a lot of money for something that disposable and easy to get destroyed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I just installed the Whitestone Dome on my S10+.

1) Installation is complicated for someone who has never done this kind of screen protector before.
    2) Fingerprint for me is working exactly as before. If I put the finger in the right place for enough time then I get like 100% success rate. Don't even need to press harder than before.
    3) I got bubbles... My desk wasn't perfectly flat, so like 30% of the adhesive started spilling out and I think this caused the bubbles, but you can avoid it by doing it in a perfectly flat surface.

I hate having bubbles cos it's a expensive screen protector, but they are not as bad... so maybe in the future I'll try to reapply it.

Hope this helped.
    After one month of use I have a different view on this.

1) Fingerprint stops working after a few days and you need to redo the prints every 3/4 days. Even if you do that, it won't work great.

2) I can see more bubbles than before, specially on the edges.

3) One corner has a small crack, so can't reapply it... I think I only droped it once and I have a strong case, so the glass didn't even touched the floor.

I would recommend not to expend this amount of money on this. It would be ok if it costed 20 usd. But 50? 40? It's just too expensive for this product.
    Iv been using an Amazon brand Whitestone for years by a company called "color" they are the same quality and never had any issues with them.. cost me £10 GBP

Would great to have a link to buy these many thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TJPHFF8/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_gnNLDbAXPX0ZR

There you go!

Please note the only downfall with any glass protector is the fingerprint scanner works but is a lot less sensitive!
    They have an old video and an updated one. The update one will tell you to cure the bottom and top for 15 seconds each, and then take the phone out and apply pressure for a minute to the finger print reader. Not too hard not to soft. I did it more on the hard side just to make sure. Then cure all around for 4 mins total top and bottom. The finger print reader will work as if it was naked. Trust me I tried this glass for the 5th time. And this little info did the trick. You know it you did it right if you attempt to use it without redoing your fingerprint. It would be a hit and miss until you rescan it. I would also leave your old one in there incase you have to remove it. So you dont have to redo the fps again.