[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

Search This thread

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
This is my new app called "SoftKeyZ" what it does is simple: Change and combine different Navigation Buttons on your rooted device.

Please make sure you have the BusyBox installed.

If you like my work, please rate it 5 stars in the PlayStore and consider to support me by buying SoftKeyZ from the PlayStore.

Free apk is available for XDA below

Screenshot2.png

Video Review by oode (yt) and pocketnow.com :

Download Here (PlayStore) | Free apk & Changelog

Last edited by a moderator:

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Re: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons

Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
AW: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons

Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, it doesn't. But it needs Root and BusyBox.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
Re: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons

After apply I've entered into a boot loop ...
Reflashed the ROM after system format , all good now ...shall I try again ?
sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365073995984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365073995984.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 16,208
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365074022220.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365074022220.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15,269
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365074058904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365074058904.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 15,005
Reactions: ananboyy

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
After apply I've entered into a boot loop ...
Reflashed the ROM after system format , all good now ...shall I try again ?

A boot loop? I can't explain that. The worst thing to happen is that the NavBar dissappears. But a bootloop? Hmm. You can try again, this time just try to apply the "backup" if you run into a bootloop again, I think I know what the problem is...

Reactions: tegezan

xanthrax

A boot loop? I can't explain that. The worst thing to happen is that the NavBar dissappears. But a bootloop? Hmm. You can try again, this time just try to apply the "backup" if you run into a bootloop again, I think I know what the problem is...

OK , have changed the ROM and reinstalled busybox , no boot loop but no soft keys and notification bar ... Can't go back or home or ... Slim here

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Did the preview in the top section change to the ones you selected after the half reboot?

Edit: I can now look at the screens and since the top section does not show the softkeys currently used, the ROM you are using is not using the normally used png files and/or you got a theme applied, that changes the Softbuttons.

Last edited:
Reactions: tegezan

xanthrax

Did the preview in the top section change to the ones you selected after the half reboot?

Edit: I can now look at the screens and since the top section does not show the softkeys currently used, the ROM you are using is not using the normally used png files and/or you got a theme applied, that changes the Softbuttons.

Oh yeah , I'm using a theme , I've performed a full reboot to get back on my home screen but the app forced close when trying to access it to apply backup. BTW , save and backup are on the same button
Gonna try it 30 min later when I get home without a theme ...

xanthrax

o_O How good I decided to do a beta test...

Can you get a logcat? There are apps in the PlayStore for that.

Well , note that to be able to use the phone again I had to restore from backup so , when your app will be ready to use and if it will be a paid one , don't forget us :cool:
I'll try to pull a log cat

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Well , note that to be able to use the phone again I had to restore from backup so , when your app will be ready to use and if it will be a paid one , don't forget us :cool:
I'll try to pull a log cat

I won't forget it. :D

xanthrax

Mate , forget about logcat , it seems to work now ... :D only the style doesn't change , the colors I mean , no bootloop whatsoever , I didn't applied "save" ... Might be related to the ROM theme , I'm using the one default of slim ROM though.
Would be nice to add more buttons yo be themed but I think is already on your to do list :thumbup:
Keep on !

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365098329637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365098329637.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,016
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365098340959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365098340959.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,940
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365098356207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365098356207.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Last edited:

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Mate , forget about logcat , it seems to work now ... :D only the style doesn't change , the colors I mean , no bootloop whatsoever , I didn't applied "save" ... Might be related to the ROM theme , I'm using the one default of slim ROM though.
Would be nice to add more buttons yo be themed but I think is already on your to do list :thumbup:
Keep on !

The colors, well that's due to the ROM probably changing them, a lot do that. But I don't know what you exactly mean by "more buttons"?

xanthrax

The colors, well that's due to the ROM probably changing them, a lot do that. But I don't know what you exactly mean by "more buttons"?

... power button ... and the rest of them ... you know how many there are ... to be themed
i had 5 buttons but the power one ( the fifth) has no corespondent for theming ... get it ?

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
... power button ... and the rest of them ... you know how many there are ... to be themed
i had 5 buttons but the power one ( the fifth) has no corespondent for theming ... get it ?
Well, that's more a thing of your ROM or Theme, and a power button is not aosp, that means the feature would probably not work on most devices.
Will release today anyway. Thank you all for the tests. I will come back to you with a present, just let me know your gmails/PlayStore accs. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts