[INFO] Transformer Secure Key found!

Search This thread

b1ackplague

Dec 31, 2007
This allows us to use APX mode! I hope a developer can use this ASAP and its the correct one. APX mode will open up some awesome doors like being able to unbrick any TF from any situation.

Sent from my TF Decepticon

Reactions: weazil60

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
I am using HC3.1 (8.4.4.5_US) on my UK-TF101 and it works like a charm. If even a bavarianguy can handle it, you are able to too!

-> Credit to Supercurio

there are subtle differences between US and other regions, usually Wifi channels, sometimes GPS and Bluetooth differences.

I'm not really try out a US ROM and beta test it. I would rather have a known quantity (namely a 3.1 stock rom, rooted and the updater removed/disabled -thats all). Once you have that, I can tinker with other bits myself and I am in complete control of the changes and not reliant on what others want (DEODEX, APPS2SD, Boot Logos etc)

Bavarianguy

Mar 12, 2009
Kassel
@funnycreature:

What key mate? :D

@all:

I have no GPS- and WLAN-issues, so i cant see the point why not using us-stock rooted.

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Will this allow us to get a stock (but rooted) WW 3.1?

If so how?

You can get this using Paul at modacoa method to down grade root and run a stock 3.1 rom

http://android.modaco.com/content/asus-eee-pad-transformer-transformer-modaco-com/341227/upgrading-to-rooted-ww-8-4-4-5-android-3-1-from-any-version/

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Wow, I don't fully understand it but sounds like a lot of hard work, and good to know there will be a way back should people brick their transformer. Once again makes me glad I have a device with such an awesome hardworking dev community behind it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Secure Boot Key = 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98
    All current device give root forever and an unbricker tool.:D
    Source: https://twitter.com/#!/DroidRay/status/78471110118735872
    Is this going to allow us to root official roms?

I want to root my TF but I don't want to flash a custom ROM on it. I went through a hell of a time with that cycle withmy i9000, going through maybe 20 re-flashes until I finally got a ROM I was happy with and stable. I just want to stick with stock for my TF-101 (including stock recovery), but I WOULD like to root it.

This allows us to grab boot.img off device, root it, then flash it back.
    It will work on *any* firmware update that ASUS will ever release.

The method for getting the SBK won't work for other devices. Also, the Acer Iconia has separate SBK's for each device, so you can't just get 'one' key. I'm sure something will be out for that device soon enough ;)

The tools will be released soon. I still need to verify I'm not releasing anything that's copyrighted and potentially illegal, and then I'll pack it all up and throw it out there! Keep updated on me & Bumble-Bee's site ;)
    This allows us to use APX mode! I hope a developer can use this ASAP and its the correct one. APX mode will open up some awesome doors like being able to unbrick any TF from any situation.

Sent from my TF Decepticon
    This link was posted on twitter explaining how it all works for anyone unsure:
    http://androidroot.mobi/tf-secure-boot-key/
    I'm thrilled with your optimisim on 15 minutets. I too do not want to revert just to root, am happy going along.

I used to consider myself good on Android until I got the Nexus 4g - allegedly so simple, but it was not for me! I used wrong Nexus bootloader, fried phone erasing everything, Sprint wouldn't touch, so after 2 days of no phone with lots of reading on these and other forums, figured out how to get it back. Now unlocked and rooted but love GB without custom rom.

Kind of like Honeycomb - right now its so new, everything is running good and can't see anythings I want to take the time, meaning possible trouble, to change. And I also have faith our developers will make this easier and easier.

But glad this was found, it will make the future brighter as more people get these and learn to manipulate!!