[How to]Root your .629

Search This thread

reyrey5

Feb 11, 2009
Ok, it was weird because I been avoiding the the update but one day my 4 year old gave me my phone and said"Dad, I hit OK"... Thanks again.

S

sportsstar89

So I followed this guide and successfully rooted my d2g. Only thing i dont like is every few minutes i get an "update failed" message because the phone is trying to download the official 2.3.4 update even though i applied it with the update.zip file. Anyone know what i can do to get rid of it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA

J

jianC

I had problems with wifi after downgrading to .608 and flash repacked .629 so I had to download OTA Root Keeper from another device and install with adb..

Here is a copy of OTA Root Keeper if anyone needs it: http://min.us/muARnFIxG

Please PM me if link doesn't work

Last edited:

ravenhr

Apr 10, 2007
Zagreb
zgdroid.wordpress.com
I had problems with wifi after downgrading to .608 and flash repacked .629 so I had to download OTA Root Keeper from another device and install with adb..

Here is a copy of OTA Root Keeper if anyone needs it: http://min.us/muARnFIxG

WiFi CAN be problematic sometimes... It can be tricked, like You did... How to fix that, I don't know... The main problem is that sometimes, after reinstalling, it won't connect to WiFi and sometimes it will...
BTW, thanks for OTA Root Keeper link ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My friend found the way to root OTA .629!

Make sure your phone working on .629,

1.Flash repacked .608 sbf
    http://db.tt/xj6oos8G
    (Never Try Full .608 SBF !!!)

2 .Download tool PetesMotorolaRootTools or SuperOneClick extract all and run.(Just like rooting .608:)

Note : - FIRST - Please Enable USB Debugging , Then connect cable for usb type Charge only

3.Install app otarootkeeper(Can be found in Play Store,it's free),backup su, unroot.

4.Reboot to Motorola Recovery, Wipe, apply .629 OTA update.zip,reboot.

5.install otarootkeeper app again,restore su

Check your device, it should rooted

ATTENTION: Reapply .629 update is very important, when you flashed our repacked .608 sbf, your device is working on a unstable hybrid rom

Here's where my friend posted:
    rootzwiki.com/topic/23207-stuck-at-rootless-629check-this/
    This works great, I was enable to flash the file unisng RSD Lite and after that root using zergrush without any problem. Only slight problem it that wi-fi dont work at the moment but will update when i flash it back to .629 .
    I didn't met this problem before. .Did you tried reboot your device?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium

Yes, no help from it... still the same problem.

UPDATE: For all with some sort of problems (!), blindly follow guide from link, for RESTORING device... apply 608, apply repacked 629, (IMPORTANT) full wipe in recovery, root, unroot, flash update, re-root. Works like a charm, all radios are full to go!
    Any roms work with this? I tried cm7 and got stuck at red m screen. Had to start all over. Anyone have sucess with a rom after on rooted 629?

Edit: cm9 worked after using droid 2 bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA