[Q] OTA problems in xperia Z-ized rom

Search This thread

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
I have the xperia z-ized v3.1 rom and I thought to update it from OTA. But when I try to update it closes and shows me a toast message saying invalid md5. Now I have downloaded the v3.4 manually from the OP in the thread and also the samsung keyboard. But do I have to wipe anything before flashing or can I flash directly?

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
But do I have to wipe anything before flashing or can I flash directly?
I am not a user of the rom, but a common rule is that if there is a change in base, full wipe is highly recommended. :)
If it is just an update and not a change in base, then full wipe is still recommended but if you try to dirty flash and not come up with any problem, it's good. :D
I hope I helped...

Reactions: RazaVakil7995

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
I am not a user of the rom, but a common rule is that if there is a change in base, full wipe is highly recommended. :)
If it is just an update and not a change in base, then full wipe is still recommended but if you try to dirty flash and not come up with any problem, it's good. :D
I hope I helped...

I'm sorry but does full wipe mean wipe data/factory reset, cache partition and dalvik cache? And what does dirty flash mean? Sorry if I sound noob but I'm new to all these terms.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But do I have to wipe anything before flashing or can I flash directly?
    I hope I helped...
    I'm new to all these terms.. :)
    It's fine. :)
    Full wipe: /data, /system, /cache, /dalvik-cache (optional: Internal storage)
    Dirty flash is flashing an update over your current version without wiping /data