[NO Root]Google Pixel Navbar Style for all devices - no root etc required

Search This thread

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
O1rdcnC.png

Description:
As I found no method to get my navbar like the Google Pixel without rooting (and even the methods with rooting didnt work correctly), I want to share a way with you to get the navbar style like the Google Pixel ones on every device running Android 5.0 or later.
You can choose between:
- the normal layout (Back - Home - Recents)
- reversed layout (Recents - Home - Back)
- reversed colorful layout (Recents - Home - Back + the colors you can see in the title picture)

WARNING: I have taken a LG G3 Layout as base! Maybe my premade backgrounds wont fit with your device. Just test it. If it dont work you can easyly make one yourself, read more below!

How does it work?
First you need to download an app called "Navbar Apps". This App is already a powerfull app, but cant change the look of the navbar icons itself.
Now as the new Pixel Icons are still based on the Android 5/6 ones, I created a new "background" for the navbar apps app. The app will take my picture as a background wall, but on the wall self it contains already the new Pixel Icons I have mady myself.

How to install... & DOWNLOAD
1.) Download "Navbar Apps" and buy as an in app purchase the ability to use selfmade custom backgrounds (this is needed) or just search for an Pro version crack in the web (not recommended, show some support to the dev!)
2.) Download my PixelNavbarXXX.png Picture
3.) Go into the App and choose "Image - Show image under Nav Bar", then under the 3 dots (or on older versions the + FAB) and select import picture. Then Choose my picture.
4.) Turn OFF "Hide image when nav bar is transparent"

How to create your own Navbar to fit with your device?
I have attached the original Pixel Buttons, so you can make your own image. Take them as inspiration.
1.) Take a screenshot (the best would be with NO transparency and with a black background!)
2.) Open the screenshot with a picture editor
3.) Delete everything on the picture except the navigation bar (including all the black stuff!!)
4.) Fill out your navbar icons like the Google Pixel Ones are looking
5.) Make the rest transparent (for example with Gimp or Paint.net). You can find in the internet some tutorials on how to do this
6.) EXPORT the file as a .PNG file!
7.) Share your png file here and tell me your device name so other people can use yours :)

Other Informations:
- Android Version required: Android 5.0 or later! (otherwise my background is buggy)
- If you want even more Google Pixel feeling, take a look here on how to get the Pixel Launcher, Dialer, Bootanimation, Walls, Ringtones and more

Credit and Contribution:
- Damian Piwowarski for his "Navbar Apps" App

Last edited:

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
Nice, but I can't seem to fit it for nexus 5X.

added new instructions on how you can create your own, take a look below:
I have attached the original Pixel Buttons, so you can make your own image. Take them as inspiration.
1.) Take a screenshot (the best would be with NO transparency and with a black background!)
3.) Delete everything on the picture except the navigation bar (including all the black stuff!!)
5.) Make the rest transparent (for example with Gimp or Paint.net). You can find in the internet some tutorials on how to do this

Reactions: Raul

Tatsumak

Sep 2, 2016
São Paulo
Thank you. I'm waiting someone do this with Nexus 5, 'cause I'm horrible doing any kind of image edition. And yeah, I tried to follow your tutorial and the results are... well.:eek:

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
thanks for this. I got it working on my LG V20. I really like the Pixel style nav buttons. I actually had a Pixel XL for a week but didn't like the overall experience so swapped it for the V20 but I missed the nav buttons from the Pixel...but no more! Thanks.

PS. I used my thanks limit for the day FeelsBadMan

jackonod

Oct 12, 2009
Now I realizedI I uploaded a wrong png, not what I'm used. It was difficult to find the best, coz I make about 15 versions until I found the final version. Now I reuploaded my link with the real working one. Sorry for my mistake. I reedited the link for my previous posts too...

https://www.mediafire.com/view/h99b054mot9wslp

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

I've tried to do my white navbar icons, but I'm not able to make them
Could you help me?

I've used PicsArt for Android to create the image file.
After finished I made it to transparent through this online site:

http://www190.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent

Google is your friend, as we know very well :)

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Here is how it looks my Nexus 6P without root...

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ucppd4z7zmdxgkw

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashutosh Sundresh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O1rdcnC.png

Description:
    As I found no method to get my navbar like the Google Pixel without rooting (and even the methods with rooting didnt work correctly), I want to share a way with you to get the navbar style like the Google Pixel ones on every device running Android 5.0 or later.
    You can choose between:
    - the normal layout (Back - Home - Recents)
    - reversed layout (Recents - Home - Back)
    - reversed colorful layout (Recents - Home - Back + the colors you can see in the title picture)

WARNING: I have taken a LG G3 Layout as base! Maybe my premade backgrounds wont fit with your device. Just test it. If it dont work you can easyly make one yourself, read more below!

How does it work?
    First you need to download an app called "Navbar Apps". This App is already a powerfull app, but cant change the look of the navbar icons itself.
    Now as the new Pixel Icons are still based on the Android 5/6 ones, I created a new "background" for the navbar apps app. The app will take my picture as a background wall, but on the wall self it contains already the new Pixel Icons I have mady myself.

How to install... & DOWNLOAD
    1.) Download "Navbar Apps" and buy as an in app purchase the ability to use selfmade custom backgrounds (this is needed) or just search for an Pro version crack in the web (not recommended, show some support to the dev!)
    2.) Download my PixelNavbarXXX.png Picture
    3.) Go into the App and choose "Image - Show image under Nav Bar", then under the 3 dots (or on older versions the + FAB) and select import picture. Then Choose my picture.
    4.) Turn OFF "Hide image when nav bar is transparent"

7.) Share your png file here and tell me your device name so other people can use yours :)

Other Informations:
    - Android Version required: Android 5.0 or later! (otherwise my background is buggy)
    - If you want even more Google Pixel feeling, take a look here on how to get the Pixel Launcher, Dialer, Bootanimation, Walls, Ringtones and more

Credit and Contribution:
    - Damian Piwowarski for his "Navbar Apps" App
    How can I fill out my navbar's icons?
    Nice, but I can't seem to fit it for nexus 5X.

added new instructions on how you can create your own, take a look below:
    Is it possible to get the home button animation with this method?
    Is it possible to get the home button animation with this method?
    Sadly no :(
    How can I fill out my navbar's icons?
    Image editor like gimp