{OOPS!} Quick Recovery!

Search This thread

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

Now time for the good stuff:
How to flash:
1 Ensure you have to appropriate drivers installed on your computer
2 Ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip
3 Download QuickRecover.exe to your desktop
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Plug phone into PC and boot into download mode
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
6 Press start button and wait
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
8 Flash YourFavoriteROM.zip.
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
11 Hit the thanks button and provide some feedback in this thread
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

Thanks to j3r3goss for the soft key fix

Last edited:

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas :) making life easier for everyone is always awesome

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button ;) it doesn't bite lol

Reactions: dispozable

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Did someone say I finally got the tar file to download for ICS? Lol nice work Thomas :) making life easier for everyone is always awesome

Thanks man! Get on IRC or gtalk. I need your help...lol

itsLYNDZ

Jul 20, 2010
I did the Quick Recover process and then flashed another ROM like it said, but when it rebooted my old settings and apps were still in place. Also the touchkeys still work without doing the dialer thing.. Did something not work? What else should I wipe/format/mount in recovery to ensure a clean flash before I flash my Rom?

Last edited:

jpjezzy16

Sep 23, 2013
Montgomery
help

Did you flash the exhilerate ICS ROM and now your phone won't do anything but bootloop?
Are you finished with testing and exploring the ICS ROM and are now ready to get back to your old Gingerbread ROM and patiently wait till we get something more reliable and stable?

Well ladies and gents, here it is. A simple Odin 1-click that will flash the old gb kernel and cwm recovery so you can get back to business.

There is no /system, /data, or /cache partitions included in this package. What is included is dk boot.img (kernel), cwm recovery.img and param.lfs. There is a huge chance your device will ONLY boot into recovery after flashing this so ensure you have YourFavoriteROM.zip on your sdcard.

I have tested this multiple times this morning and it hasn't failed me yet. But, as with anything I post:
I nor is Team Fah-Q or it's affiliates responsible for anything negative that may occour to your device as a result of probably something you did. Meaning, if you don't follow the instructions fully (which the are extremely simple) then you could brick your phone or cause a zombie apocolyps.

How to flash:
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
5 Ensure the connection box turns yellow and prints a port connection (if not, check PC connection and reboot phone to recovery again)
7 When it is finished and the phone reboots, quickly unplug the phone and hold volume up/down buttons to get into recovery mode. If you miss it, that is ok, just simply hold power button andvolume up/down untill phone vibrates. Release power button while still holding volume buttons untill phone is in recovery mode
9 Once phone is rebooted open dialer and Dial *#*#2663#*#* then tap the TSP FW Update and Touchkey FW Update button (this will bring back your soft keys)
10 Reboot
12 Find and hit Erik's donate button (if you can) to help our brother out. He has fallen on some hard times.
13 Eirk, I put it out there because we all love your work and miss you a lot (no homo!)

i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
i did everything it said and some kind of batman logo came on the phone and now its stuck on the batman symbol what can i do to remove it

Did you flash a ROM after running the oops recovery?
I would bet you didn't. So try booting to recover and flash a Rom...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

jpjezzy16

Sep 23, 2013
Montgomery
Still not working

i will do that and get back to you soon:fingers-crossed:

i flashed the rom and it did the same thing can you show a video of how to do it

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

How to flash:
4 Start QucikRecover.exe
10 Reboot

what do you mean your favorite rom.zip

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
What do you mean? Remove as in try a different ROM?

Sent from atop a 4.3 mile-high BeanStalk

jpjezzy16

Sep 23, 2013
Montgomery

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
yes cm 10 is slowing down my device and i need to remove it from the phone

I don't own the Exhilarate, but I'm assuming recovery is the same across devices. First, download a new ROM and place it on your sd card, one of your choice. There's a Slim Bean for your device here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2438192

I would suggest trying that, I've heard great things about Slim Bean. So once you have Slim Bean ROM on your device, and gapps (need both, they are both on the op of the forum), go into recovery, do a factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik (in the advanced option). Go into Mounts and Storage, then format System, Format cache (probably redundant, but to be sure), and format data. You can do each a couple times it you want. Then flash the Slim Bean zip, the gapps zip, and reboot! Like I said, not sure if recovery is different across devices, but considering ktemp made the updates for both our recoveries, I'm assuming they're the same. DO NOT format the sd card that the ROM and gapps are in, that would be BAD! Just format/wipe what I mentioned, and you'll be golden!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Make sure you've updated cwm! If not, I've been told bad things could possibly happen. Ktemp posted it in the BeanStalk ROM thread in development, a couple posts down. Flash updated cwm, then do what I said above!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to flash:
    4 Start QucikRecover.exe
    10 Reboot

reserved because I can....lol