[DISCONTINUED][NAND][RAM] darkstone SuperNAND FroYo RC1 [kernel: Hastarin Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DarkStone1337

Nov 19, 2006
Discontinued as of 21/12/2011. Will be working on SD card builds IN MY SPARE TIME from now on instead.

I'm back at university, I don't have free time like a lot of the other chefs here do.

THIS IS A HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL ROM, I CAN'T GUARANTEE THIS WILL BE COMPLETELY STABLE. DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU NEED 100% STABILITY.
THIS IS NOT A SENSE ROM. DO NOT ASK FOR ONE.

Continuation of this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870518
Original credits are in this thread :)

darkstone's SuperNAND Froyo NAND ROM (RC1) for HTC HD2
===========================

Based on AdamG's Oxygen v1.2 ROM for the HTC Desire.
This is a continuation of the SD Card RAM build that I was making for earlier SuperRam builds.

Information:
This build uses RMNET.

I have implemented my own version of APPS to SD. You can use this if desired.
You must make two folders on the root of your SD Card. One must be named .android_secure and the other should be named app.

Look at post #2 down this thread for more information on how to use this.

Google maps and wifi tether is missing at the moment since this is a beta.
Provided seperately in post #2

Robot voice issue may occur when in a call. If this happens, during the call press the LOUDSPEAKER button then END THE CALL. Do this exactly and every call after will no longer have this issue.

Use Multi Mount SD Card from market to transfer files using USB if using APPS to SD.

To make changes to the build permenantly, you need to push / delete / rename / etc the files that are supposed to go in:
/system/lib or /system/app or /system/framework
to
/ramfiles/lib or /ramfiles/app or /ramfiles/framework

Other folders in /system work as normal and can be modified permenantly.

1. Installation
===============
MAGLDR 1.10 or newer is required on the device.
Before starting the installation process, enter "USB Flasher" mode on the device by using the Volume rocker switch to select items and the green "Call" button as the Enter key.

3. Post installation notes
==============
You can change the kernel to a newer/custom version by doing the following:

Connect via USB to your HD2 while Android is running.
Spawn an ADB shell
Do the following commands as superuser:
mkdir /tmp/boot
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 -o rw,noatime,nodiratime /tmp/boot
After that, you can replace the zImage that's located in /tmp/boot
When you're done, you have to unmount the boot partition, like so:
umount /tmp/boot
Restart your device to use the new kernel.

==============

ReadMe originally by Rajko
Kernel is based on hastarin eb with my own customizations. Enabled EXT4/3, btrfs, yaffs support. Enabled framebuffer console. Updated LED driver with one by dan1j3l. Kernel source: http://www.multiupload.com/BBKXXMIO7C

Screenshots:
superram1.jpg
superram2.jpg

^ Home screen - Keyboard ^

RAAAAAR.gif

^You^​

http://www.multiupload.com/CLFNW0OZ25

Last edited:

DarkStone1337

Nov 19, 2006
I've made a custom method to store Apps to SD Card without the need for data.img or an EXT partition on your SD card.

Your apps will be moved to /SDCARD/app

Here's how to move your apps:

Download Gscript from market or from HERE and install then open the app.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

^Add a new script^ ^Fill the blank spaces with exactly what you see here^ ^Run the script everytime you want to move your apps to the SD Card^

Note: this is not reversable yet.
Note: this is still an experimental feature, however beta tests have indicated that this method is fine!

If you have issues with battery usage being high in standby, then uncheck "Use wireless networks" in the Location and security settings menu:
5.jpg

For Google Maps, install it from market.
For wifi tether, install this: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list (Version 2.0.6)

Last edited:

rafpigna

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2008
Rome
First! Ahahah :d
Good Job my friend.. This is another step in the htc hd2 android innovation! Thanks for all your efforts!

Last edited:
Reactions: w0nz3r

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
Wow... Welcome back darkstone ... waiting for links to test...

P.S First one :D

EDIT: Ohoo come on ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discontinued as of 21/12/2011. Will be working on SD card builds IN MY SPARE TIME from now on instead.

I'm back at university, I don't have free time like a lot of the other chefs here do.

THIS IS A HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL ROM, I CAN'T GUARANTEE THIS WILL BE COMPLETELY STABLE. DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU NEED 100% STABILITY.
    THIS IS NOT A SENSE ROM. DO NOT ASK FOR ONE.

Continuation of this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=870518
    Original credits are in this thread :)

darkstone's SuperNAND Froyo NAND ROM (RC1) for HTC HD2
    ===========================

Based on AdamG's Oxygen v1.2 ROM for the HTC Desire.
    This is a continuation of the SD Card RAM build that I was making for earlier SuperRam builds.

Information:
    This build uses RMNET.

I have implemented my own version of APPS to SD. You can use this if desired.
    You must make two folders on the root of your SD Card. One must be named .android_secure and the other should be named app.

Look at post #2 down this thread for more information on how to use this.

Google maps and wifi tether is missing at the moment since this is a beta.
    Provided seperately in post #2

Robot voice issue may occur when in a call. If this happens, during the call press the LOUDSPEAKER button then END THE CALL. Do this exactly and every call after will no longer have this issue.

Use Multi Mount SD Card from market to transfer files using USB if using APPS to SD.

To make changes to the build permenantly, you need to push / delete / rename / etc the files that are supposed to go in:
    /system/lib or /system/app or /system/framework
    to
    /ramfiles/lib or /ramfiles/app or /ramfiles/framework

Other folders in /system work as normal and can be modified permenantly.

1. Installation
    ===============
    MAGLDR 1.10 or newer is required on the device.
    Before starting the installation process, enter "USB Flasher" mode on the device by using the Volume rocker switch to select items and the green "Call" button as the Enter key.

3. Post installation notes
    ==============
    You can change the kernel to a newer/custom version by doing the following:

Connect via USB to your HD2 while Android is running.
    Spawn an ADB shell
    Do the following commands as superuser:
    mkdir /tmp/boot
    mount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 -o rw,noatime,nodiratime /tmp/boot
    After that, you can replace the zImage that's located in /tmp/boot
    When you're done, you have to unmount the boot partition, like so:
    umount /tmp/boot
    Restart your device to use the new kernel.

==============

ReadMe originally by Rajko
    Kernel is based on hastarin eb with my own customizations. Enabled EXT4/3, btrfs, yaffs support. Enabled framebuffer console. Updated LED driver with one by dan1j3l. Kernel source: http://www.multiupload.com/BBKXXMIO7C

Screenshots:
    superram1.jpg
    superram2.jpg

^ Home screen - Keyboard ^

RAAAAAR.gif

^You^​

http://www.multiupload.com/CLFNW0OZ25
    I've made a custom method to store Apps to SD Card without the need for data.img or an EXT partition on your SD card.

Your apps will be moved to /SDCARD/app

Here's how to move your apps:

Download Gscript from market or from HERE and install then open the app.

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

^Add a new script^ ^Fill the blank spaces with exactly what you see here^ ^Run the script everytime you want to move your apps to the SD Card^

Note: this is not reversable yet.
    Note: this is still an experimental feature, however beta tests have indicated that this method is fine!

If you have issues with battery usage being high in standby, then uncheck "Use wireless networks" in the Location and security settings menu:
    5.jpg

For Google Maps, install it from market.
    For wifi tether, install this: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list (Version 2.0.6)
    Darkstone seems to drop builds and run. I wonder if this one will be supported.

Sent from my HTC HD2 Android

Can you give me an example of me doing this?

My life does not revolve around giving constant updates to my builds, this is a mere hobby to me. I have other responsibilities.

I do try to keep people informed on if I'm working on something or if there are issues. Look at my previous post history before disputing this.

TL;DR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto
    1st person to ask about sense is getting *****slapped !
    Hi guys, I'm reading this thread and hopefully will be able to fix most of the bugs mentioned :)

Remember, this build is bleeding edge, with some experimental features added.

I'll probably drop my own app to sd method completely and just use A2SD+ for the sake of standardizations and also to ensure USB SD Card mount works natively in Android.

I'll also probably move /data/data back to NAND instead of RAM (the reason why quadrant scores are so high).

I'd like to clear something up. Quadrant doesn't accurately represent the power of the Android device that the benchmark is ran on.
    In this case the I/O was improved significantly due to data files being in RAM. This causes Quadrant to jump up extremely high in score.
    This does not make the HD2 more powerful than native devices with the same specs. It simply means read and writes to files are very fast. Quadrant Advance shows this as I/O scores.

The next release of this will show Quadrant going back to normal scores as other builds. Do not be alarmed about this, the speed of the rom will still be the same.

I'll also be disabling verbose output (framebuffer console) in the kernel as this is causing issues with waking up from sleep.

Thanks for your patience guys, hopefully this will be a stable build soon :)