[ROM][DEV][Back] | No Limits™ | Sense 3.5 | Beta2 | Fixed Launcher |

Search This thread

Solar_

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah I figured that much, I'm not completely stupid. But which one, there are heaps of xml files and finding which one is the right one will take ages!

So basically we have to look into XML files which have more then 89 lines?
I just checked all the XML's and only 1 has 89 or more lines..

That's public.xml in /res/values/.
Line 21 to 168 is all type="drawable" so at line 89 there's nothing with 'layout_height' or something..

The type="layout'' starts at 169.. so it's very weird that it says "Binary XML file line #89.."

Or I'm completely wrong.. :confused:

VigiDroid

Jan 13, 2011
Queensland
I resized rosie myself and I still got the exact same errors as before I resized it ny geuess is that its the framework that needs thr most work once framework abd rosie are done the rom willbe smooth

Actually no, even after rosie and framework is fixed, everything has to be resized. I looked through the apps using launcherpro as my launcher and there is so much work to do! Good luck everyone and I will help out once I finish senseonfire. No work on this for me :p

dark_fighter

Nov 2, 2010
St. Andrews
begginer's question

i want as hell to help in this project, but the thing is only i don't know anything about developing :confused:, so can you tell me please what should i know to contribute here? :D

Alex Charles

Apr 10, 2011
If development was easy we'll all be doing it. Basically take it one step at a time, from resizing an app to a GPS module. Once you can do the simple things, build it upp. Maybe you could make an app, then eventually a rom. Point being there isn't a way to tell you how to be a developer, it takes months of hard work to do everything correctly and to understand what you are doing.

Hope this doesn't stop you, remember one step at a time. Check out vigidroids guide for resizing apps that'll make a good start :)

Sent from my VegaComb using xda premium

Karting06

Aug 14, 2011
Dilbeek
Nice I will test it !

EDIT: He doesn't want to install... No error, he goes back to the menu. (without usb plugin)

EDIT2: Has worked when I do a wipe Data !

Last edited:

VigiDroid

Jan 13, 2011
Queensland
i every one i have ported the rosie.apk from senseonfire to this rom and its works :) but if iam going to the menu from sense launcher for apps it fc but it works 60 procent ;)
here is the link.
http://www.multiupload.com/R0KWY7TA58

But whats the point of that? The biggest thing that everyone wants from sense 3.5 is the sense 3.5 launcher. This is just a waste if we use the sense 2.1 launcher from my rom... Just my point of view, I hope someone gets the 3.5 launcher fixed soon :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I may say something stupid as I don't know much, but what if we used an other ratio for the bluetooth, wi-fi, gps, etc?

No you are wrong. But that in no way makes you stupid. The radio is the lowest level part of your phone so it is the very first thing that loads when you startup your phone. The latest version is ...3.35.20.10. You can check this by going to settings > about phone > software info > more and look under baseband.
Custom roms never include a radio in it, for many different reasons. There is also an important reason why it is never included. Most radios you find on the net for the wildfire are for only A3333 or "standard" wildfires. My wildfire is A3335 and uses a special radio band usually in the 850mHz spectrum that is used by tesltra*. A radio is never considered when talking about problems with a rom*, because changing the radio and nearly every case won't fix the problems we are having, only in one case of CM7 will flashing a radio fix a problem, and that occurs when the GPS won't work you have to reflash your current radio. That is only a problem within CM7 though, so in no way should it be considered in this rom.
Hope that gives you a better understanding of what a radio is and does and gives you a pathway to understand android more :D

*I may be wrong in these areas so don't quote me on it, if anyone would like to confirm I am correct, or correct me I am open to it.

NB: This is all built from my knowledge of radios and what I have stated may not all be correct. If someone with greater knowledge about android radios knows something I stated could be improved or corrected please feel free to let me know :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SinawY

dark_fighter

Nov 2, 2010
St. Andrews
No you are wrong. But that in no way makes you stupid. The radio is the lowest level part of your phone so it is the very first thing that loads when you startup your phone. The latest version is ...3.35.20.10. You can check this by going to settings > about phone > software info > more and look under baseband.
Custom roms never include a radio in it, for many different reasons. There is also an important reason why it is never included. Most radios you find on the net for the wildfire are for only A3333 or "standard" wildfires. My wildfire is A3335 and uses a special radio band usually in the 850mHz spectrum that is used by tesltra*. A radio is never considered when talking about problems with a rom*, because changing the radio and nearly every case won't fix the problems we are having, only in one case of CM7 will flashing a radio fix a problem, and that occurs when the GPS won't work you have to reflash your current radio. That is only a problem within CM7 though, so in no way should it be considered in this rom.
Hope that gives you a better understanding of what a radio is and does and gives you a pathway to understand android more :D

*I may be wrong in these areas so don't quote me on it, if anyone would like to confirm I am correct, or correct me I am open to it.

NB: This is all built from my knowledge of radios and what I have stated may not all be correct. If someone with greater knowledge about android radios knows something I stated could be improved or corrected please feel free to let me know :)

thank you very much vigidroid for your explanation, although i don't quite get why custom roms don't have a radio... anyway in the proses of trying to help here I will start learning java just in case that i can give an idea or just a little piece of help...

dark_fighter

Nov 2, 2010
St. Andrews
can someone make me a favor? make an nandroid backup and post here the system.img file that will be created so i can run the rom on emulator :) please. i could do that but i don't have second device to use so i need my phone up and running all the time :)

Last edited:

kaassaus

Mar 28, 2011
I was only try to help maby now people know what to do with resizing

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm back for sure :rolleyes:. Still experimental ROM.

Read the OP first before posting anything related to this thread. Thanks :).

This is how it'll look like if the com.htc.launcher crash gets fixed, and some things will be resized. - FIXED LAUNCHER.

4e86398c38aa1-01.png
    4e8643e3b07f8-snap20111001_002157.png

4e863ab013fe5-snap20110930_234149.png
    4e86439b633eb-snap20111001_001505.png

TheNextSense™

Features :

• Based on the Hintay Zero 0.12
    • Android Gingerbread 2.3.5
    • Brand new Sense 3.5
    • Busybox 1.18.4
    • Languages : English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, German, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian,Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Polish,Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese.
    • HTC File Manager
    • Deodexed all files
    • Zipaligned all .apk for better RAM usage
    • Added A2SD (and dalvik cache to SD)
    • Edify scripted (CWM 3.X.X +)
    • And much more..

Next version ETA :

• Unknown. So don't ask for it.

Changelog :

beta2
    • Updated Android Market to the latest version (v3.1.6)
    • Updated Gmail to the latest version (v2.3.5.2)
    • Updated Maps to the latest version (v5.10.1)
    • Updated YouTube to the latest version (v2.2.16)
    • New HTC_IME to temporary resolve the too big keyboard.
    • New HtcLockScreen.apk (thanks VigiDroid!)
    • Build.prop tweaks
    • Init.d tweaks
    • Launcher fix
    • Battery tweaks
    • Included Juwe's Ram script (thanks Juwe11!)

Changelog :

v0.1b

Known bugs :

• Wi-Fi, GPS, BT doesn't work.
    • Everything needs resizing.
    • Almost every app needs fixed I guess.
    • Tell me please.

Download the latest version of No Limits (beta2 atm) :
    http://www.multiupload.com/88D8TWQZGY

Guide to install the ROM :

1. Download the latest version
    2. Put it in the root of your SDcard (/sdcard/)
    3. Boot into CWM
    4. Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM!!
    5. Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
    6. Flash this .zip in CWM
    7. Reboot

Credits :
    • Hintay, for his awesome Hintay Zero 0.12 ROM. :D
    • Arco68, for making this ROM boot :cool:, without him we couldn't do this.
    • VigiDroid for his help.
    • faizul_emizal for the launcher fix.
    • Juwe11 for his script.
    • Google :cool:
    • HTC :cool:
    • People I forgot.. :eek:

Extra :
    • ##TheNextSenseWF on webchat.freenode.net/.
    • ONLY FOR DEVELOPERS TO HELP EACHOTHER, NOT FOR OTHER THINGS.
    Seems like you guys are doing all sorts of weird things, like using boot.img and kernels for total different devices. That will never work of course, since that's just not possible to get booting. You also need to replace a few files with Wildfire specific ones. Another problem is that the Wildfire has a very small cache partition, so there's no room to dexopt all the apps, which leads to the partition running out of space and cause bootloops. Anyway, I sorta managed to hack around all this and have a rom that's bootable, which should give you something to start with. Problem is, there's a lot of resizing needed. First you should start with is the lockscreen, as of now it's not even possible to unlock since the unlock ring is outside the screen view.

I don't have any time to spend on this myself, and really don't want to either, as I don't think it will ever be fully functional or have the performance to be used as a daily rom. But who knows. Anyway, here it is for those who want to mess around with it. It's based on the Hintay Zero rom, btw.

http://www.multiupload.com/GTAQ0PZDC4
    resized most of the resources but still have to resize some more, will post when finished :D
    Can anyone make a logcat of v0.1a2?
    Would like to know why it won't boot..

I don't have time for it now, gotta make my homework for tomorrow :eek:

i have try to do a logcat but it fials

i nkow i look up yesterday
    wait wenn this rom boots

who know how to solve the probleme for booting

Please do your homework and stop spamming this thread every 10 minutes.

What on earth man, let the members work without you interrupting them everytime with such needless posts. Surely when the booting problem is solved, you will know.

I come to keep a check of the progress, and everytime I see such needless posts. :mad:
    if this will work i might be helping rezising if i have time

You really are something. You have to comment every post. You remind me on melvinchng. Older members remember him.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium