HTC desire extended battery

Search This thread

kekett

Dec 29, 2011
17 5-star reviews. that's nice, anyone has already ordered the battery? any user experience?

sintaku

Apr 15, 2010
London
After reading all the good reviews on the Mugen 3200mAh, I ordered it. Got speedpost delivery cos I need it asap. Hopefully it won't dissapoint $97 in total including speedpost delivery. But hopefully it will be worth it, I stopped my spotify subscription to balance the costs. :p

michaelboruta

Mar 3, 2011
Prague
Seems to me it would be best to carry around some external battery like the Energizer XP2000 or similar. It is lightweight and it adds enough juice when electric plug is not around (bus, hike, etc.).

garagedroid

May 3, 2012
Swapping batteries during an important call is not really an option "please hold, i will call you in a bit", sometimes even, "wait a sec i just need to find my charger" is not an option either during the call. for me extended battery seems more convinient.

mediarz

Jan 6, 2012
Vancouver
Well that is a little disappointing.. I don't want to carry around a second battery or charging device to use my phone.. HTC needs to get this crap sorted out..

derarzt

Oct 30, 2010
i got the external battery from choiix. its quite small and fits in everyone´s pocket.

and if your accu is empty within a call, you should change your way using your phone. i take a look on my battery while using my phone. if the battery is at 30%, the external choiix had to bleed..^^

okishead

May 20, 2011
and if your accu is empty within a call, you should change your way using your phone.

that is not quite true!!! when a person is swallowed by work, quite interesting kind of work, the person only notices battery level when he checks the time!! - "oh no its late evening already!! oh no i still havent done arrangements for the nite!! oh no the battery is uber low:eek:!!"
manufacturers shall change the way they cut costs on stock batteries and develope us an ultimate engineering solution.

yavinmaster

Apr 16, 2011
I have to admit that when I travel I carry 3 spare batteries! 2 "normal" capacity and 1 "high" capacity (and the extended back to go with it). As I can go for 36 hours between leaving and getting to a hotel to recharge and may be using the GPS a lot I need to know I have power at hand. Even back in the "old" Nokia N80 days I use to carry at least 1 spare battery. I agree that modern smart phones aren't very smart when it comes with battery performance but you do get a lot of performance compared to the "good old days". The ability to swap out batteries is for me essential though and one of the many reasons I wouldn't buy an iPhone. This is something that I think HTC have forgotten with the new "One" and Samsung could win out with the S3 because of this.

My advice - buy some cheap ebay batteries and cycle them in your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an age old topic I know, but was browsing the HTC sensation and sgs 2 forums.

When reading I can across an extended battery making called anker, reviews have been very positive for both phones.

Anyway to cut the story short I emailed anker and they do an extended battery for the HTC desire they provided me with link on amazon.

The title says for inspire and desire hd.
    Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh-Battery-Inspire-BD26100/dp/B004YGALYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316659922&sr=8-1

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
    In my opinion only original or Mugen batteries

I totally agree, though for HTC Desire HD i ve only found 1500mAh
    http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...ery-for-for-htc-desire-hd-softbank-001ht.html
    I wonder if they have bigger one.:cool: