MHL battery drain

Search This thread

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
My battery is rapidly losing power when the phone is connected to MHL. Force fast charge enabled. It can also power off during playing games and stuff.

gerciolisz

My battery is rapidly losing power when the phone is connected to MHL. Force fast charge enabled. It can also power off during playing games and stuff.

Sometimes when u playing games without mhl jest with charger connected its also losing power. its just because games need so much power i think..

BTW which ROM are you on? Screen is not reverted?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

s1ck82

Mar 5, 2012
Oporto
I have Also the problem too. I play Ingress and playing i have the same problem, even with the car charger on..

Btw do you see YouTube or browser in fullscreen (on the tv)??
I'm using Slimrom and only Mxplayer goes to fullscreen....

gerciolisz

I have Also the problem too. I play Ingress and playing i have the same problem, even with the car charger on..

Stick roms are fullscreen always its known and confirmed. Only customs have problems.

Reactions: s1ck82

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Unofficial cm 11 has working mhl rotation, but yet, i didnt tested that...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Stevic Milos

Feb 25, 2013
Is battery drain big even when not playing games? I want to buy MHL adapter but I'm not sure I want to spend 30$ on something that is useless. Of course i asking about externaly powered (with charger) MHL adapter.

mc29wlfc

Feb 1, 2014
Is battery drain big even when not playing games? I want to buy MHL adapter but I'm not sure I want to spend 30$ on something that is useless. Of course i asking about externaly powered (with charger) MHL adapter.

Whoaa, $30 for a mhl! i paid about £6gbp off ebay. Roughly $10usd where are you getting $30 from?

Stevic Milos

Feb 25, 2013
Whoaa, $30 for a mhl! i paid about £6gbp off ebay. Roughly $10usd where are you getting $30 from?

Serbia. MHL adapter is 20-25$ + 6-8$ HDMI cable it comes about 30$. I can buy it on ebay, but with taxes that would cost only 5-6$ cheaper and I would have to wait at least 2-3 weeks for delivery. So I think it's easier this way.

But my question remains: Does MHL have huge battery drain when watching movie or pictures. I don't play games so it's not an issue where.

embata85

Feb 27, 2014
When the phone is connected at mhl, battery falls with 30-40% for a move time. Otherwise the real problem is after disconnecting with mhl. Then battery lose 60% in less 1 hour, until phone is turn off, and when i touched it is very hot. But when i restart the phone after use mhl there is not such problem. Im with stock rooted rom, cos CM dosnt support good mhl second screen, even on CM11. :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stick roms are fullscreen always its known and confirmed. Only customs have problems.

I dont think that you have big battery drain watching movies. Actually its okay

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk