Can I disable Tell HTC completely

Search This thread

stuart0001

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton
I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.

upe2abyr.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Alaris

May 25, 2012
I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.

upe2abyr.jpg

I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.

Reactions: stuart0001

stuart0001

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton
I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.

Thanks for that. After a quick search it seems mybreeze.apk is also a potential culprit so I've frozen that too. :good:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.

As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it

It wouldn't bother people if it were just device related. If you read the statement, it clearly states that it will collect "personally identifiable information such as your name, phone number, precise location..." you get the point. WTF do they need all of this for just for turning off the security of these devices? That's ridiculous and a great infringement to our human rights and privacy and nobody says a thing about it. They don't need our personal information, just device info, so why would they need to know who **** Murcy or Horace P. is? Secondly, why is S-Off a nice automatic way of considering the device a "test device" if its not like we're probing the thing or anything, just flashing roms and enabling features that can be pulled off on any other non HTC device once the boot loader is unlocked. Who gives a company born in the late 90s so much rights over the privacy of their users?

Anyways, can anyone give me a thorough way of disabling this? I'm not scared of a bootloop or failure of the alarm app, I just feel that if they have such right, we have a right to get rid of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

upe2abyr.jpg