Jan 1, 2017
/dev/ram
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM, MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE MODEL IS THE SAME AS TITLE
IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS LIKE "IS THIS FOR MODEL BLABLABLA" THEY WILL BE ALL IGNORGED

Lineage is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our intructions word by word
  • are unfriendly
  • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

What's working:
  • Most things are working at the moment except ones in BUGS/Not working list

BUGS/Not working :
  • RIL isn't working (no calls, messages, etc...)
  • Camera can't capture, or recording (and still buggy on next start)
  • Can't capture screen (I was doing hacks to make screen capture working XD)
  • Browsers may not working properly. In this case, install Google Chrome from Play Store instead (it may still not work too o_O)
  • No FM radio (unsupported on this platform)
  • Offline charging works but NO animations
  • And many more, so don't expect too much on the first alpha build!

First time installing AOSPE to your Galaxy Grand Prime VE, or coming from another ROM:
  • Install TWRP Recovery
  • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
  • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
  • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

NOTE: First boot might take long time, due to deodexed build, so don't consider bootloop!!
Upgrading from an older build of this ROM
  • Wipe system partition, wipe dalvik-cache but not data partition
  • Optionally install Google Apps (GAPPS) (link above)

(*) NOTE: If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

ALPHA-1: Drive link

XDA:DevDB Information
AEX O, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
remilia15, naimrlet
Source Code: https://github.com/remilia15?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-04
Last Updated 2017-11-04

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-05_00-09-00.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-00.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 18,816
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-13.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-13.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19,065
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-17.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-17.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 18,659
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-20.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-20.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 18,415
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-25.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-25.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 18,173
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-28.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-28.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17,835
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-32.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-32.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 17,064
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-36.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-36.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 16,244
  • photo_2017-11-05_00-09-40.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_00-09-40.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 16,376

remilia15

Jan 1, 2017
/dev/ram
F.A.Q

Q: ROM startup too slow?
A: Nope, just because you haven't done a factory reset before installing the ROM

Q: ETAs?
A: See here: Link

Q: Anymore models supported?
A: SM-G531BT

Q: Is init.d supported on this ROM?
A: Almost every custom ROMs support init.d, so be free at scriptings

Q: Can you include ABCXYZ feature / Samsung Apps here?
A: NO!

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for portings?
A: Yes, you could, but give proper credits

Q: Server error in Google Play Store?
A: Install latest Google Play Services manually first (might take long time, due to Lollipop's nature), then you can install apps from GG Play as usual

Q: How to use adoptable storage feature? I see it's new in Marshmallow
A: Go to Settings >> Storage & USB >> Tap on the SD card label (not the eject icon) >> 3 dots menu on the top right >> Settings >> Format as internal and done!

Q: Where's the MTP option in Marshmallow? I don't see it in Storage settings
A: This feature has been moved to Developer settings, and will reset to default (Charging) after every reboots. Enable developer options first by tapping 7 times on Build number in About phone section >> Go to Developer settings >> Select USB configuration. The fastest way to do this is plug in your USB with your PC, scroll down notification bar and tap on "USB for Charging"

Q: Where's the "running" section in Apps settings?
A: It has been cut off separately to Memory setting and "Running services" in Developer settings. You can see the memory used by apps for a period of time and closing apps too, but they won't disappear in the menu, and in "Running services", still same as old-fashioned running apps section

Q: Can't install GAPPS?
A: Install TWRP 3.0.2.0

Last edited:

اسماععیل

Nov 1, 2013
mashhad
Hi Remilia
If you can add this feature on new version
1. Dual screen(with this feature can run tow app .one app on top screen e.g. Gallery on up screen and Telegram on down screen -screen split)
2.Bluetooth Visibly setting
3.after fix rill 3G only on network mode setting
I Know you try to fix all bug but I suggesting on side base work you try to add this feature
Thank you for big work and nice work

Reactions: Arifshaikh1996

naimrlet

Sep 14, 2016
Petaling Jaya
WiFi not working ._. in G531H
It's working here
Tested by me and a group of testers
Next time if you want to report bugs, please and PLEASE include logcat and also if you can, tell how to replicate the issue. Just telling what is not working will be ignored next time.
Its like some people says "Logcat or GTFO" (But don't take it personally) :D

ealam

Apr 8, 2017
when i flashed gapps pico package , i opened google play ,but it shows me that cheking info for more than one hour and i can't sign in !!
wifi was fast and i downloaded wallpapers from wallpapers app

waleeds1

Jul 29, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A12
@naimrlet or remilia can anyone answer thatbwjat is the system partition size for this ROM as I don't have enough storage to patch this ROM dual boot. I want to know as If its possible I will try to clean my system partition or else would search for other method. I asked the same question on the dual booted thread Sorry for that but I'm really impatient to try this ROM.

waleeds1

Jul 29, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A12
Awesome ROM, very smooth, but as reported that none of the browsers work, Google app, playstore, Google play services, installed manually using apk, force closes. WiFi working fine, Bluetooth working fine. Using Aptoide as an alternative to play store

My friend has G531H, he asked me to find an android O ROM for him, so i found this one. Can you please tell me what bugs may him find in this ROM? Such as SIM cards, mobile data and other connections, camera, google apps...Please answer me :laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Oh! Now i read the first post and saw what is not working ? Anw thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM, MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE MODEL IS THE SAME AS TITLE
    IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS LIKE "IS THIS FOR MODEL BLABLABLA" THEY WILL BE ALL IGNORGED

Lineage is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our intructions word by word
    • are unfriendly
    • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

What's working:
    • Most things are working at the moment except ones in BUGS/Not working list

BUGS/Not working :
    • RIL isn't working (no calls, messages, etc...)
    • Camera can't capture, or recording (and still buggy on next start)
    • Can't capture screen (I was doing hacks to make screen capture working XD)
    • Browsers may not working properly. In this case, install Google Chrome from Play Store instead (it may still not work too o_O)
    • No FM radio (unsupported on this platform)
    • Offline charging works but NO animations
    • And many more, so don't expect too much on the first alpha build!

First time installing AOSPE to your Galaxy Grand Prime VE, or coming from another ROM:
    • Install TWRP Recovery
    • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
    • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
    • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

NOTE: First boot might take long time, due to deodexed build, so don't consider bootloop!!
    Upgrading from an older build of this ROM
    • Wipe system partition, wipe dalvik-cache but not data partition
    • Optionally install Google Apps (GAPPS) (link above)

(*) NOTE: If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

ALPHA-1: Drive link

XDA:DevDB Information
    AEX O, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    remilia15, naimrlet
    Source Code: https://github.com/remilia15?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-04
    Last Updated 2017-11-04
    CHANGELOG

• ALPHA-1: Initial release
    Well guys, seems like this year is very tough for me. I'm already on 11th class now and I have to prepare myself for the next year until graduating high school and go college
    Also, that means I can't finish my Oreo project for our device. Spreadtrum is really crappy, as you guys know, and I'm still a noob at coding stuffs (spending days on computer isn't a thing that I can do)

To be honest, I'm going to suspend this project, so don't expect any new builds coming from now. I'm still not sure if I can still going well with this phone or not, but still... it'll be ditched soon (but not too fast)
    Before that, I think I'll have to fix old-but-gold crappy bugs first on earlier Android versions builds, so "stable" will, at least, keep as its own meaning

Well... those are my last words before really saying sayonara. Hope somebody else in the future will do my stuffs better (sources are on my GitHub: https://github.com/remilia15?tab=repositores)
    And... thank you, the users, supporters, and all of the developers that helped me finishing my projects. Also a special thanks to god @doesntexits, my elder nigga brother, who started first his project for Spreadtrum devices

Have a nice day guys!
    Yet another reserved for special case....
    This ROM is randomly rebooting, I've also upgraded my firmware for the bootloader. But the problem is still there. My firmware is AQC1 btw, Hope you can fix this :) goodluck.

We're still at first stages of Oreo development, so don't expect too much on first release :")