May 4, 2017
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FEM1IGas.png

Code:
/* Disclaimer 
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM! goes the dynamite
*/

About Project:

Cardinal-AOSP is a Custom ROM which was initially based on AOSPB, then we changed our mind and rebased it to AOSP-RRO, to get better compatibility with most of the devices. And now we are based on AOSP on oreo. The main aim of this ROM is to bring stock AOSP experience as much as possible while maintaining performance, smoothness and good battery backup. I hope that you'll all love this project, and help us, shape it even more better. Meanwhile, all of our sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can.... uhm... you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! Hope you enjoy your stay and like our work on Cardinal-AOSP.

NOTE: we won't be accepting any feature requests, and only essential features will be added to enhance stock AOSP experience.

Changes on top of AOSP:
• QS Tiles: Adb over network, Caffeine, Screenshot, Reboot, Sound, Volume, PiP, Headsup, compass, Accidental touch
• Cardinal logo on statusbar
• Signature spoofing support for MicroG
• Comes with Pixel/Stock theme
• Comes with Margarita substratum theme
• Reboot to recovery/bootloader in powermenu
• Latest Ringtones/Effects tones from Pixel image
• Allow lower temp for night light
• Accept All files over bluetooth option
• Volume Adjustments Sound
• Add SystemUI Tuner features into Wings
• Disabled RescueParty
• Enable Custom shapes option on Launcher3
• Enable Developer option by default
• Launcher3 Gestures
• Screenshot sound toggle
• Reset Battery Stats
• Ship with Jelly browser
• L/R IME/Music Cursors

• DND Tile enhancements
• HSPA+ icon
• Add/Remove tiles with one click

*Wings*
*General*
• Wake on Plug
• Sensor block-per package
• In call vibrations

*Status Bar*
• Secured QS
• QS title visibility
• Custom QS layout configuration
• Headsup toggle
• Headsup whitelist/blacklist
• IME Selector notification toggle
• Battery light/Notification light options
• Network traffic meter
• DT2S on Statusbar

*Buttons*
• Volume button wake
• Volume button music control
• Dynamic software Navigationbar/Hardware keys toggle
• Pixel Navbar animation
• Accidental touch
• Button backlight controls
• Custom Key rebindings
• Option to Disable Home key when ringing

*Lock Screen*
• option to hide lockscreen shortcut on secured lockscreen
• Lockscreen media art toggle
• Option to unlock with FP directly after reboot
• Fingerprint Authentication vibration toggle

*Recents*
• Clear all FAB option

Bugs:
When Expanded Desktop on everywhere, screen doesn't come up on or does it very slowly after going to sleep...
Proximity fixes ARE HERE but some audio issues (when calling mostly) might still persist. Needs testing...
Other than that... You tell

Special notice for 20180612 build and onwards:
The 20180612 build includes treble support. That means that, if you use Magisk, you will need to flash a Magisk-cust or magisk-treble patched for it work. Appart from that, as long as you flash normally and stay in the rom or go to other conventional lithium builds, nothing's changed for the user.

If you know a bit of how treble works, you will know that this only (or mainly) means that after flashing and booting this Cardinal build, you can go back to TWRP, wipe everything except for vendor partition, and flash any GSI on top. Gapps and root will have been wiped, so you will have to flash them again as with any new GSI.

For any more information on treble refer to Psy_Man's thread and his links there :)

Downloads:

All builds: Download Cardinal-AOSP for Lithium

Download GApps: Tested with OpenGapps 8.1 unofficial by Nezorflame and with official opengapps.
Feel free to use any other package at your own risk! Only tested with pico and nano.

Flashing Recommendations:

Warning: Some users are experiencing issues with TWRP. If you're encrypted, do NOT flash this ROM unless you're willing to decrypt first. If you're not encrypted, make sure to back up anything important to PC/cloud first as the TWRP issues may make it tricky to back that data up in the future.

Highly recommended: use latest working TWRP, 3.2.1 by raupe/blunden. Find it linked by Blunden in the official TWRP thread.

- Download ROM and GApps
- Download latest firmware (tested with the one provided by Psy_Man, although it should work with miui 8.2.1 or later...).
- Reboot to recovery and backup existing ROM (Just in case!)
- Wipe System, Data, ART cache, Cache, factory reset.
- Flash Firmware, ROM and Gapps.
- Flash root method IF YOU WANT ROOT: attention, only tested with Magisk 14.0, no idea about other magisk versions. SU is reportedly not working for Oreo, at least for Lithium.
- Reboot.

Credits
Psy_Man for device and kernel sources: without those this rom wouldn't be here.
LineageOS
NitrogenOS
AOSPA
Du
All the rest custom roms out there :)
@Recenz for wonderful bootanimation
Apologies if we've missed out someone, please feel free to PM, in case we've forgotten to pin your name here!
E50AK for essential support and expertise.

Source Information:
Cardinal-AOSP on Github
G+ Community
Telegram Channel
Telegram Group

XDA:DevDB Information
Cardinal AOSP, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix

Contributors
albertoduqe

Source Code:
ROM source
Device trees by Psy_Man

New since 20180412: Kernel by xNombre THANKS!
(NOT soda)

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-02-12
Last Updated 2018-06-12

Last edited:

albertoduqe

May 4, 2017
Two questions.

Do phone calls actually work?
And how's battery life on this?
Haven't tested neither yet... Using the Mix only for testing oreo roms for the last weeks :) no time for some important things sorry...

If by calls you mean just network and call and receive yes sure, it works. If you mean the screen going off sorry, not yet. And I have to add it to bugs, sorry, I forgot: proximity not working yet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

gavin19

Jan 9, 2014
Belfast
First impressions - Very smooth and much closer to Pixel Experience than LOS/AICP/RR. Everything I tried works and no TWRP issues (although I didn't have any before). One MAJOR bug though. In the build info, it says jue and not Thurs :(

I have managed to fix the proximity sensor. I´ll merge the change into my GitHub tomorrow or commit inside PsYMan one.

Great news. If you can merge to Psy_Man's repo then I'll update AICP/RR too.

albertoduqe

May 4, 2017
I have managed to fix the proximity sensor. I´ll merge the change into my GitHub tomorrow or commit inside PsYMan one.

That's spectacular news :)

I'll merge as soon as you upload it.

Also will work, when it is fixed, towards having doze and therefore more ambient display features. I miss pickup and wave ambient :)

ArwenArtful

Feb 5, 2018
First impressions - Very smooth and much closer to Pixel Experience than LOS/AICP/RR. Everything I tried works and no TWRP issues (although I didn't have any before). One MAJOR bug though. In the build info, it says jue and not Thurs :(

Great news. If you can merge to Psy_Man's repo then I'll update AICP/RR too.

Jue is Thursday but in Spanish lol .

L45TK1NGS

Oct 9, 2014
got bugs if you play spotify or youtube background or all music in the background google chome to play some video like screen off the system UI stop everytime and same on bluetooth but im keep looking nothing bad for now just that

great job thanks ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FEM1IGas.png

Code:
    /* Disclaimer 
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite
    */

About Project:

Cardinal-AOSP is a Custom ROM which was initially based on AOSPB, then we changed our mind and rebased it to AOSP-RRO, to get better compatibility with most of the devices. And now we are based on AOSP on oreo. The main aim of this ROM is to bring stock AOSP experience as much as possible while maintaining performance, smoothness and good battery backup. I hope that you'll all love this project, and help us, shape it even more better. Meanwhile, all of our sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can.... uhm... you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! Hope you enjoy your stay and like our work on Cardinal-AOSP.

NOTE: we won't be accepting any feature requests, and only essential features will be added to enhance stock AOSP experience.

Changes on top of AOSP:
    • QS Tiles: Adb over network, Caffeine, Screenshot, Reboot, Sound, Volume, PiP, Headsup, compass, Accidental touch
    • Cardinal logo on statusbar
    • Signature spoofing support for MicroG
    • Comes with Pixel/Stock theme
    • Comes with Margarita substratum theme
    • Reboot to recovery/bootloader in powermenu
    • Latest Ringtones/Effects tones from Pixel image
    • Allow lower temp for night light
    • Accept All files over bluetooth option
    • Volume Adjustments Sound
    • Add SystemUI Tuner features into Wings
    • Disabled RescueParty
    • Enable Custom shapes option on Launcher3
    • Enable Developer option by default
    • Launcher3 Gestures
    • Screenshot sound toggle
    • Reset Battery Stats
    • Ship with Jelly browser
    • L/R IME/Music Cursors

• DND Tile enhancements
    • HSPA+ icon
    • Add/Remove tiles with one click

*Wings*
    *General*
    • Wake on Plug
    • Sensor block-per package
    • In call vibrations

*Status Bar*
    • Secured QS
    • QS title visibility
    • Custom QS layout configuration
    • Headsup toggle
    • Headsup whitelist/blacklist
    • IME Selector notification toggle
    • Battery light/Notification light options
    • Network traffic meter
    • DT2S on Statusbar

*Buttons*
    • Volume button wake
    • Volume button music control
    • Dynamic software Navigationbar/Hardware keys toggle
    • Pixel Navbar animation
    • Accidental touch
    • Button backlight controls
    • Custom Key rebindings
    • Option to Disable Home key when ringing

*Lock Screen*
    • option to hide lockscreen shortcut on secured lockscreen
    • Lockscreen media art toggle
    • Option to unlock with FP directly after reboot
    • Fingerprint Authentication vibration toggle

*Recents*
    • Clear all FAB option

Bugs:
    When Expanded Desktop on everywhere, screen doesn't come up on or does it very slowly after going to sleep...
    Proximity fixes ARE HERE but some audio issues (when calling mostly) might still persist. Needs testing...
    Other than that... You tell

Special notice for 20180612 build and onwards:
    The 20180612 build includes treble support. That means that, if you use Magisk, you will need to flash a Magisk-cust or magisk-treble patched for it work. Appart from that, as long as you flash normally and stay in the rom or go to other conventional lithium builds, nothing's changed for the user.

If you know a bit of how treble works, you will know that this only (or mainly) means that after flashing and booting this Cardinal build, you can go back to TWRP, wipe everything except for vendor partition, and flash any GSI on top. Gapps and root will have been wiped, so you will have to flash them again as with any new GSI.

For any more information on treble refer to Psy_Man's thread and his links there :)

Downloads:

All builds: Download Cardinal-AOSP for Lithium

Download GApps: Tested with OpenGapps 8.1 unofficial by Nezorflame and with official opengapps.
    Feel free to use any other package at your own risk! Only tested with pico and nano.

Flashing Recommendations:

Warning: Some users are experiencing issues with TWRP. If you're encrypted, do NOT flash this ROM unless you're willing to decrypt first. If you're not encrypted, make sure to back up anything important to PC/cloud first as the TWRP issues may make it tricky to back that data up in the future.

Highly recommended: use latest working TWRP, 3.2.1 by raupe/blunden. Find it linked by Blunden in the official TWRP thread.

- Download ROM and GApps
    - Download latest firmware (tested with the one provided by Psy_Man, although it should work with miui 8.2.1 or later...).
    - Reboot to recovery and backup existing ROM (Just in case!)
    - Wipe System, Data, ART cache, Cache, factory reset.
    - Flash Firmware, ROM and Gapps.
    - Flash root method IF YOU WANT ROOT: attention, only tested with Magisk 14.0, no idea about other magisk versions. SU is reportedly not working for Oreo, at least for Lithium.
    - Reboot.

Credits
    Psy_Man for device and kernel sources: without those this rom wouldn't be here.
    LineageOS
    NitrogenOS
    AOSPA
    Du
    All the rest custom roms out there :)
    @Recenz for wonderful bootanimation
    Apologies if we've missed out someone, please feel free to PM, in case we've forgotten to pin your name here!
    E50AK for essential support and expertise.

Source Information:
    Cardinal-AOSP on Github
    G+ Community
    Telegram Channel
    Telegram Group

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cardinal AOSP, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix

Contributors
    albertoduqe

Source Code:
    ROM source
    Device trees by Psy_Man

New since 20180412: Kernel by xNombre THANKS!
    (NOT soda)

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-02-12
    Last Updated 2018-06-12
    20180314 update on OP :)

Nice and smooth and lots of fixes and additions from Cardinal guys.

Proximity still not here. Implementing it in an AOSP-based rom is a bother and breaks audio. Will keep working on it.

Cheers!
    28/02/2018 Cardinal update.

Main changes and improvements:

- Adreno graphics updated.
    - Doze mode enabled and working.
    - Merged Lineage-15.1 latest commits for proximity sensor. It is (mostly) working :)
    - A bunch of source level changes and improvements from the Cardinal team. Check their github if you're curious :)

Bugs:
    - Dt2w from doze is not working yet.
    - Proximity is, as I said, mostly working. Still have some issues during calls with the famous black screen not turning on when putting phone away from ear. That's a source-level issue and we have to wait for Cardinal or Lineage guys to keep the good work and manage to fix it or improve it.

Cheers!
    UPDATE is here :)

OP has been updated and now download link gets you to the folder with all working Cardinal builds.

Last one is Cardinal 20180412

In this one Cardinal's source has bumped to version 5.5 and a whole lot of rom, hardware and other stuff changes have been applied.

Also here: PROXIMITY. Works. And thanks to xNombre's kernel for msm8996, at least with the quicke tests I could manage, audio is not broken.
    Also made sure basic hardware works (camera, bluetooth, etc.) and that OMS support is still here (in this respect Cardinal's team managed some few but important source changes so that root access is not needed for overlays to get properly installed and working).

Cheers :)
    Audio problems have been reported. As I tried to explained in Xenon's thread, as far as I know, which is not very far at all but well, it is what I can provide, proximity fixes are not complete and come at the prize of audio problems, as ultrasound is made to work making changes to the hardware/audio sources.

Anyway, in case you guys wanna go back to no proximity (so manually switching screen off when answering a call for example) for Cardinal, here's a build with all latest changes from all sources but no proximity. Audio should work ok:

https://mega.nz/#!YW4TgAjJ!KlFg-trBpn8-Lyc14GQIUWNJlvpYW_1bGQhmZOanKaE

If you find any other issues and report WITH LOGS we might be able to do something about it. Usually, reporting with "this thing doesn't work here please help" results in that we cannot have a clue of the real issue and do nothing about it :)

Cheers!