[FIX]Incoming calls (any GB ROM)

Search This thread

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Well I didn't want all the work and time I spent with the GummyCharged GBE to go to wast so last night I put in some serious hours testing and guessing :p

In the end I got er fixed............... :D

Looks like when the phone goes into sleep mode it shuts the radio off on the.. Assuming this was a Power Manger issue I went digging.. After trying to port the strait AOSP pieces and then the EEG ones (both boot-loop failures).. Then at last I tried the Fascinate's GB leak which is when I struck gold :)

I do want to point out an issue.. It seem that after applying this patch that your menu button light stay on sometimes after turning your screen of, this is completely random.. Eityherway it is worth the trade-off of being able to receive calls :p

As it says in the OP this patch will work on any GB as all GB leaks suffer from this issue.

To apply this patch simply install it via CWM

Patch

Donate:
Donate if you like what I do by buying me a round of beers!

Last edited:

rukshmani

Nov 13, 2006
Jersey City
I installed this yet its not working. I have donated anyways because of the hardwork you are putting in for all of us. Also send you a message.

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
I installed this yet its not working. I have donated anyways because of the hardwork you are putting in for all of us. Also send you a message.

What rom are you on? We have tested and tested and so far everyone has had good luck... There is one person who said they needed to wipe before it worked for them

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rukshmani

Nov 13, 2006
Jersey City
I am on your Gummy Gingerbread Rom. I tried wiping data and factory reset, cache,dalvik, went back to ED1, ED2 and then installed the Gingerbread stock, then installed your rom, then Installled the call fix, reinstalled after wiping and installed the fix again, but nothing seems to work, may be its my phone.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Dosnt work for me either on your gb2 beta. Puzzle lock fix works though. Not complaining...just giving you the heads up. Thanks for all the hard work!

Boomwaller

Apr 5, 2011
El Dorado
Wait so what has never been a problem in yours? Calls going through? Because thats what the fix...fixes lol as well as the puzzle lockscreen patch the other person posted.

rukshmani

Nov 13, 2006
Jersey City
calls never going through

Wait so what has never been a problem in yours? Calls going through? Because thats what the fix...fixes lol as well as the puzzle lockscreen patch the other person posted.

Calls not going through while screen s locked was the problem, puzzle was not the problem.
Calls is still my problem. I tried changing the odin as well.

These are my steps tell me if i am missing something.

1). Went to ED1, applied EE4.

2). Installed GB Bloated with Odin ( that installed cwr)

3). Restarted phone.

4). Saved Gummy GB, Incoming call fix on sd card.

5). Went to CWR, wiped data and cache both.

6). Installed Gummy GB, installed call fix.

7). Rebooted, Tested call receive while screen unlocked. Worked.

8). Wait for 4-5 minutes to let screen get blank.

9). Tried calling and did not receive call.

10). Went to CWR wiped data and cache again.

11). Tested and no calls yet and so repeated the whole process without going to ED1. Still issue not resolved.

I suspect its my phone.

Mig1234

Apr 2, 2011
Ok. Toggle wifi on and off and see if that works. At least it will work if you need it. Toggle off then on.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Mig1234

Apr 2, 2011
Don't know what I did but I put the Kejar patch one on top of the other 3 times and notes it work with calls coming in. lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I didn't want all the work and time I spent with the GummyCharged GBE to go to wast so last night I put in some serious hours testing and guessing :p

In the end I got er fixed............... :D

Looks like when the phone goes into sleep mode it shuts the radio off on the.. Assuming this was a Power Manger issue I went digging.. After trying to port the strait AOSP pieces and then the EEG ones (both boot-loop failures).. Then at last I tried the Fascinate's GB leak which is when I struck gold :)

I do want to point out an issue.. It seem that after applying this patch that your menu button light stay on sometimes after turning your screen of, this is completely random.. Eityherway it is worth the trade-off of being able to receive calls :p

As it says in the OP this patch will work on any GB as all GB leaks suffer from this issue.

To apply this patch simply install it via CWM

Patch

Donate:
    Donate if you like what I do by buying me a round of beers!