[Q] N7105 samsung galaxy note 2 lte -no fm radio

Search This thread

seagullocean

Nov 3, 2012
Hi,

Can anyone help to share where to download the firmware FM RADIO for SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II LTE, N7105???IS The phone missing the fm radio tech suppported???????

thanks..

CmchPt

Sep 27, 2012
tehnoth or maior 5 comptroller

I cant find it too. I also download a app on the market and it dont work. Maybe this version do not have Fm Radio in it =| .

androidbotz

Nov 14, 2012
Call Samsung

Seriously, I did not know there were sooo many different variants of the Note II (LTE). After reading on a couple of websites that it had FM Radio I went ahead to purchase the LTE version and only to find out later that it did not have FM Radio enabled in the Singapore version.

Some say there is no hardware built within the phone to support FM Radio but when I called Samsung Singapore helpline (1800-7267864) and voiced my disappointment, over the local market being deprived of a very basic function;

1) First I was told, no FM Radio and to download Radio Application from Google Play the streaming kind that will incur data charges.

2) When I said, why is that overseas LTE model has inbuilt FM Receiver then I was told that Samsung was aware of this issue and that they were working on this situation and perhaps there will be an update soon.

So in other words, it may just have something to do with the ROM and or Kernal and the hardware is probably already there but disabled. I suggest, those who feel there is a strong need for this function (FM Radio) to call them up and constantly, get an update otherwise, Samsung won't really know that there is a serious market for this function. Just my opinion.

haloha82

Dec 18, 2010
Hi there,

I was also "cheated" by thinking there is FM radio in the Singapore Note version! Had called Samsung before but there is no satisfactory answer from them.

Seriously, I did not know there were sooo many different variants of the Note II (LTE). After reading on a couple of websites that it had FM Radio I went ahead to purchase the LTE version and only to find out later that it did not have FM Radio enabled in the Singapore version.

Some say there is no hardware built within the phone to support FM Radio but when I called Samsung Singapore helpline (1800-7267864) and voiced my disappointment, over the local market being deprived of a very basic function;

1) First I was told, no FM Radio and to download Radio Application from Google Play the streaming kind that will incur data charges.

2) When I said, why is that overseas LTE model has inbuilt FM Receiver then I was told that Samsung was aware of this issue and that they were working on this situation and perhaps there will be an update soon.

So in other words, it may just have something to do with the ROM and or Kernal and the hardware is probably already there but disabled. I suggest, those who feel there is a strong need for this function (FM Radio) to call them up and constantly, get an update otherwise, Samsung won't really know that there is a serious market for this function. Just my opinion.

androidbotz

Nov 14, 2012
Hi there,

I was also "cheated" by thinking there is FM radio in the Singapore Note version! Had called Samsung before but there is no satisfactory answer from them.

My conclusion is that nowadays it is quite rare or virtually unheard of to get a dirt cheap plan with unlimited or 10GB data with any of the local telcos. Those good old days are gone. The 3 major telco here have limited the data to 2GB-4GB for basic plans. Question is how else can these telcos make money? Answer, via these data consuming apps that some of us have been suggested to use in lieu of the actual hardware based FM receiver.

True, some may not see the need of having a FM receiver on their phones but then there are those of us who love listening to live music while on the go. Some may even suggest getting an additional gadget for that very purpose but the last thing we want to do is carry multiple gadgets for multiple reasons. I love the phone but it would had sweeten the deal more if they had enabled the FM receiver on our local handsets. Besides, why the double standards? Same model Retail set you get FM receiver and Telco set without. A big boo to Samsung Singapore and the local telcos.

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
I received my N7105 today, bought off Kogan.com.au.
I only have a 500MB/month data plan, and my employer's internet connection isn't great, so I thought I'd try its FM radio...

and there was no app.

so I ran the Samsung apps apps to see if I had to download it. No sign.

googled and found this thread... it seems hard to believe there's no FM radio!

I would still have bought the N7105 but I would like to have known of the radio's absence to avoid the tinge of disappointment.

mugget

Dec 27, 2012
BrisVegas
www.postpixel.com.au
Add another surprised user to the list... I just bought my GT-7105T (Telstra Australian version) a few days ago and went looking for the FM radio just now... not there! I had no idea there were so many variants, perhaps I would have tried to find out which grey imports would have worked on Aus 4G networks as the Korean versions get a DMB tuner (for digital radio and TV!)

If anyone is interested in checking out the different variants before purchasing, there's a handy table on the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II#Table_of_variants

In the meantime I will contact Samsung as well, at least to try and find out if FM hardware is missing, or maybe it will come with a software update or some software mods/hacking.

drgkt

Apr 5, 2008
... Same model Retail set you get FM receiver and Telco set without...

I believe it has to do with different models (varriants) as mugget points out on the wiki thread, and not retail vs telco.

I also looked in those korean versions. I do not believe you can get fm (or tv) reception in countries that do not utilize that system.

As far as LTE functionality, those korean models might match one or 2 of your country's LTE frequencies but not all. For example, none of the korean versions tune to the 2600 frequency.

Whether or not the fm hardware is there or not, is it not more involved setting up 2 assembly lines instead of one?

And like already stated: "Why the double standards"?

Reactions: dxjak

drgkt

Apr 5, 2008
Welcome to the disappointed club!
The lack of radio and 64 GB model kept me from buing this one although I REALLY wanted it...
Is the radio harware there? I guess only Samsung knows.

Patience!

nanias

Feb 2, 2012
Add me to the list of disappointed owner. I own a HongKong GT-N7105 Galaxy Note 2 LTE and I really never thought that something so basic cheap and useful would be let out of this high end piece. Does anyone have any info if the hardware is in there and that a software update or a dev could enable it? Cheers

heartagramm

Sep 5, 2010
Same problem here. No FM Radio app, I'm SO disappointed. Bought the device 3 days ago and just noticed that it's missing! WTF. Everyone doesn't have internet access all the time! And it takes a lot more battery to use mobile data on the go to listen music, when you can just turn on the app and listen it for real! And how about when you don't have access to mobile data, like when you're hiking and there's no mobile network! You might hear FM frequencies with the phone, but no, there is no app for the cause. Fck.

GT-N7105, 4.1.2 (N7105XXDLL5).

masini44

Feb 15, 2011
Greate...i payd 490Euro for a Note 2 Lte and it doesn't have radio FM? WTF? My dad has a Lg Optimus Sol and HAS RADIO!!!

I hope they will make an update for radio on Lte version...

Winflo

Jul 16, 2013
I searches for this too ,same result :/ i dont see any other way than Google musix all acces , spotify or webradio ,that Kind of stuff

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Note II

serkandanis

Account currently disabled
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Call Samsung

... Same model Retail set you get FM receiver and Telco set without...

I believe it has to do with different models (varriants) as mugget points out on the wiki thread, and not retail vs telco.

I also looked in those korean versions. I do not believe you can get fm (or tv) reception in countries that do not utilize that system.

As far as LTE functionality, those korean models might match one or 2 of your country's LTE frequencies but not all. For example, none of the korean versions tune to the 2600 frequency.

Whether or not the fm hardware is there or not, is it not more involved setting up 2 assembly lines instead of one?

And like already stated: "Why the double standards"?