Verizon Stock ROM/nandroid

Search This thread

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
You do realize don't you; that any nandroid you upload will be logged into your Google account when it's first booted by whoever flashes it? I'm not saying anybody here is going to do anything malicious with it but if it were me, I wouldn't do it. At the very least, you should keep it a private thing and force people to ask for permission to download it. Just my two cents worth as I have to wonder if you realize...........

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
Perhaps he did a nandroid before he logged into his accounts. I always do that, I'll make a nandroid of my current stock setup, then factory reset and do a nandroid of the factory setup.

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Can you flash this in TWRP? It wouldn't let me

This is a twrp backup of stock 4.4.2, put the whole folder from the zip on your internal storage and restore.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

This doesn't screw anything with your phone number or anything up?

No it doesn't

Reactions: shindig26

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for this, I'm grabbing a copy (just in case) as well.

And to everyone saying that it would contain his personal information...he could have done a full data wipe/factory reset before doing the backup. Just because it's a full TWRP backup doesn't mean there's anything personal on it.

D

Deleted member 5019868

So I have to exchange my device...

If I restore this backup will the red text disappear from the boot screen?

I'll still have to relock hboot, correct?

Many thanks,

BB

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I had no problems flashing this nandroid and no it didn't mess anything up. Just gave me an unrooted and untouched stock ROM that allowed me to take the OTA.

But you still have S-Off so after you do this you can then flash fastboot twrp recovery correct? Then from there you can install any custom rom and flash again root and be back to where you were but with all updated firmwares and what not?

Just want to make sure all my bases are covered and do this correctly? Thanks!

Can i do this? Do a TWRP nandroid backup of where i'm at right now (viper rom 1.3.1, tweaks, etc), then flash this stock backup, get the Verizon OTA update to so i'm all updated. Then I just need to flash TWRP again, then i can restore my backup i did before the update? This sound right? I'm S-Off.

Last edited:

w4itg

Apr 13, 2013
But you still have S-Off so after you do this you can then flash fastboot twrp recovery correct? Then from there you can install any custom rom and flash again root and be back to where you were but with all updated firmwares and what not?

Just want to make sure all my bases are covered and do this correctly? Thanks!

Can i do this? Do a TWRP nandroid backup of where i'm at right now (viper rom 1.3.1, tweaks, etc), then flash this stock backup, get the Verizon OTA update to so i'm all updated. Then I just need to flash TWRP again, then i can restore my backup i did before the update? This sound right? I'm S-Off.

Yes that is correct. I'm still S-off and was able to flash TWRP which allowed me to flash root.zip. I'm still on stock though because I haven't decided what to flash next. These updates are coming too fast and I don't feel like fresh installing and setting up every time an update comes out. Hope this helps.

Reactions: deeznuts

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Yes that is correct. I'm still S-off and was able to flash TWRP which allowed me to flash root.zip. I'm still on stock though because I haven't decided what to flash next. These updates are coming too fast and I don't feel kind fresh installing and setting up every time an update comes out. How this helps.

Perfect thank you!

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY
Downloaded file...thx for the help. Placed in internal storage using ES File Explorer. Unzipped file. Rebooted into TWRP recovery, did a factory reset, hit restore and it's blank. Is there a certain file within the internal storage that the backup needs to be placed?

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
If it's a constant throughout the TWRP Recoveries I'd try:

/TWRP/Backups/*Possibly_Phone_Serial.Number*/Date_or_Name_of_Bakup/ then your backup files in here.

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

Reactions: Infinite7154

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY
If it's a constant throughout the TWRP Recoveries I'd try:

/TWRP/Backups/*Possibly_Phone_Serial.Number*/Date_or_Name_of_Bakup/ then your backup files in here.

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

Thanks for the quick reply. It's still blank. I'm going to try to change the folder name with the serial number to my serial number. Maybe that's the issue.

Edit:Editing the folder with the serial number to the serial number of my phone did the trick. Thanks for the back up and the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: shindig26

Top Liked Posts