[Q] Stuck on a 1x Data connection

Search This thread

mattk9609

Feb 13, 2013
Keep in mind this is my friend's phone and not mine, I just did all the modding for him.

Was on CyanogenMod Jelly Bean ROM for about a year, and then a month ago it started only being able to get a data connection at 1x speeds.

Went to fix it today by going completely back to stock, used this guide to go to 4.1.1, which is what I just finished up doing.

Rebooted and everything is working with the only difference between this phone and an untouched one is that it is rooted, and it is still having the same data connection problems. Was hoping there would be someone left in this forum with a similar experience that can provide some insight or advice....

My friend went to the Verizon store and thought it would be smart to tell them it had been rooted, and then they told him that was the reason it was messed up and there isn't anything they can do for him, which I don't believe considering the phone was completely factory stock when he went down there.

I'm about to flash CWM back on the device for the time being so I can restore from the backup I made beforehand but I'll redo anything if someone has a fix. Otherwise I have to tell him he's stuck until his upgrade at the end of June.

Also, while on this connection it can't do anything on the internet or get OTA updates.

BattsNotIncld

Oct 25, 2011
Might be a bad SIM card. Go to a different Verizon store and ask for a new one. This time DON'T tell them it's rooted.