Sprint Hotspot

Search This thread

Dacian

Dec 20, 2007
So I've been seeing ROMs pop up saying "Sprint Hotspot unlocked" but I couldn't seem to find a direct definition of that. Does that mean you can use the Hotspot option without being charged a subscription fee?

caguirr4

Oct 7, 2010
Katy, TX
So I've been seeing ROMs pop up saying "Sprint Hotspot unlocked" but I couldn't seem to find a direct definition of that. Does that mean you can use the Hotspot option without being charged a subscription fee?

That would be correct sir. The native sprint hotspots apparently has been cracked and is available for use without the subscription fee.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
the crack also works with wired tether, but niether work with 4g. you need a seperate app (market downloadable. why do they allow stuff like that on there?) to run on 4g. nobody can figure out why.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I've been searching everywhere..where do I get the apk for this sprint hotspot? I'm currently on CM

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
Its not on cm because it is a sprint app and cm is all aosp. Just download the wireless tether from the market. Its the one with the green icon.

notasimpleway

Dec 22, 2009
Rome, Georgia
www.kencaruthers.com
Search up wireless tether. It is the one with the green wifi symbol as it's icon. Fabulous app.

That is the app I am talking about. Granted I have not tried in awhile to tether 4g but it did not work then. Could now. The full name is Wireless Tether for Root Users or was anyways. Does it work for you on 4g?

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger Gee Bees.

Igzekyativ

Jul 21, 2010
so its unlocked in calkulins v1.7.1 rom but i cannot seem to connect to the hotspot.. I only get limited connection.. wireless tether works fine

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth
APK file?

I have a rooted stock EVO 4G phone. Is there just a file I can install to unlock the Sprint Hotspot? Can someone post a link? Not really interested in flashing a ROM right now just to get that.

Thanks in advanced.

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I understand there is the app, however, this is my brother's phone that I'm doing the work and he's more interested in the stock app being unlocked.

I have an EVO 3D and there is just a simple file to flash for that phone to unlock the Sprint app.

I don't mess with sense, but if you were to flash a stock rom from the development section, it would have the native app already unlocked.

Reactions: saboxerman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand there is the app, however, this is my brother's phone that I'm doing the work and he's more interested in the stock app being unlocked.

I have an EVO 3D and there is just a simple file to flash for that phone to unlock the Sprint app.

I don't mess with sense, but if you were to flash a stock rom from the development section, it would have the native app already unlocked.