[MOD] Boot Animations (Taking Requests)

Search This thread

pkk_84

Sep 12, 2016
Chennai
Hello, It's awesome to see a Boot animation of the car we own..!! Thanks to the created. BTW I'm using it in my Galaxy S2 which is my Car navigation system.. I would like to know how to make this to work in Landscape orientation.. It is currently working as Potrait..
Thanks,
pkk

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Hello, It's awesome to see a Boot animation of the car we own..!! Thanks to the created. BTW I'm using it in my Galaxy S2 which is my Car navigation system.. I would like to know how to make this to work in Landscape orientation.. It is currently working as Potrait..
Thanks,
pkk

Odd because all head units are in landscape by default. What boot animation are you using and what is the resolution of your unit and I will make a new one with altered dimensions.

Reactions: pkk_84

pkk_84

Sep 12, 2016
Chennai
Odd because all head units are in landscape by default. What boot animation are you using and what is the resolution of your unit and I will make a new one with altered dimensions.

Am Using ford_whitebg_800x480.

I think as am using this boot animation in a smart phone and since the resolution is 800 (width) * 480 (height) it took it in portrait. BTW,I got it worked by rotating all the images in folders to clockwise and editing the resolution in desc file to 480*800 and saving it again into a zip folder.

Thanks For everyone who worked and helping this thread.. Appreciate all your efforts.. :good:

Thanks,
pkk

Gmoroder

Sep 26, 2016
Mitsu boot image?

Hello is there any boot animation for Mitsubishi? I read everything but I couldn't find one, woud you please make this one in 1024 x 600 resolution timing it's ok mabe the last 25 seconds without the Italian or French words would be ok m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfDzqGCOFk
Thanks and happy monday.

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Hello is there any boot animation for Mitsubishi? I read everything but I couldn't find one, woud you please make this one in 1024 x 600 resolution timing it's ok mabe the last 25 seconds without the Italian or French words would be ok m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfDzqGCOFk
Thanks and happy monday.

If it's too long let me know and I'll trim it somewhere. I've also added a wee something at the end. Once the lens flare ends the animation will pause on the writing until unit boots.

evox_1024x600

evox.gif

thatisandwas

Dec 31, 2009
Mtcd?

Hey guys I'm on MTCD #4, the issue I'm running in to is that there is no dancing Droid animation in the choices under factory settings. There is only the Android logo, and then a bunch of car logos. I located the file name bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip but when I replace it and set the permissions to 644 nothing happens. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Nevermind, there was a drop down menu I missed. Now if I can just get my boot ani to work correctly.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Could one of you guys tell me what i'm doing wrong? I rename this file to "bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip" and place it in the MTC media folder, replacing the file named that there, and set perm to 644. When i reboot though i only see a green line on the top of the screen and no movement. My text in the boot ani is green, so perhaps its a piece of it, i'm not sure. Here's a copy of the file, if anyone could look at it and tell me what i've done wrong, i would greatly appreciate it :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3nKnbyFrS1jdTctNGNldUZjeTg?usp=sharing

UnReal'

Sep 10, 2016
Hello !

You're doing a really great job with these animations !

I would like to know if you could make one for Renault.

Maybe something like this ? ( youtu.be/xk16pW5xlxs)

I haven't found a better one, but if you find something better I would really enjoy it !

UnReal'

Sep 10, 2016
Thanks you !

If you could make the animation for 1024 x 600 resolution, it would be amazing !

Thanks you one more time ! :)

Gmoroder

Sep 26, 2016
Thanks a Bunch!

If it's too long let me know and I'll trim it somewhere. I've also added a wee something at the end. Once the lens flare ends the animation will pause on the writing until unit boots.

Thank you very much it looks great but i think its half the time it takes to load, and unfortunately I havent figured out the steps to replace it, i dont have a droids dancing logo in the options of factory settings. :eek:

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Hello !

You're doing a really great job with these animations !

I would like to know if you could make one for Renault.

Maybe something like this ? ( youtu.be/xk16pW5xlxs)

I haven't found a better one, but if you find something better I would really enjoy it !

I did the best I could with it. The original video was only 240 high so the black bar top and bottom is quite big, if I had reduced the size of the black bars you would have lost a lot of the video on the left and right. As with most of my boot animations it doesn't loop but pauses on the last frame until unit boots.

renault_1024x600

renault.gif

Bricking1

Apr 27, 2015
Traverse City

Attachments

• TrumpHillary.gif
    TrumpHillary.gif
    234.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
goose247 I have asked in another post because he had not seen this (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69305650&postcount=277). I tried this and it works perfectly bootanimation. I found it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rano2fe72frxz9m/AAAz8nmxzghRiqO0IxwOmPPka/Bootanimation/Renault if you like to do it is to renault

I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do? There are 4 files from that link and all are already boot animations.

Should have read the other post. They need to be saved as "bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip"

Last edited:

Goose247

Oct 6, 2009
Strathdon
Not work in android 5.1.1

After you copied bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip to system/mtc/ did you change the permissions to 644?

I'm not running 5.1 at the minute but when I did I just did this to make sure the animation would work correctly.

1. After making the animation, copy the zip file (so you now have 2 animation zips exactly the same)

2. Name the 1st copy "bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip"

3. Name the 2nd copy "bootanimation.zip"

4. Copy to 'system/mtc/'

5. Change permissions of "bootanimation_dancing_droids.zip" and "bootanimation.zip" to 644

6. Reboot and hopefully it should be working now

Top Liked Posts