JUMP to S5?

Search This thread

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
lol well that's good to heard that at last you end up getting your s5. but do they check knox counter? if you root your device it'll go 0x1 so let's say I unroot it and take it to oem factory settings that will be enough to use jump .?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

let me be clearer as my story probably didn't make sense.

One employee there didn't care. The other employee said it needs to be official, no root, no rom.. The employee that said it needed to be stock didn't even check.

That said I really don't know. I want to root badly, but I won't right now, I'm hoping someone makes a root that won't trip the knox.

Is there any other phones that have knox where a root was made without tripping it?

Clamhost

Feb 14, 2011
www.clamhost.com
so did your brother return it to tmobile for reapairs or to samung?>

Technically to T-Mobile, as he did it at the T-Mobile store. They charged him $5 plus tax. The T-Mobile employee said his defective Note 3 was going back to Samsung though. His replacement Note 3 was from Samsung, not Asurion. Under the battery the label showed from Samsung.

-Thomas

djgromit

Oct 13, 2009
I took my note 3 in rooted and Rom'd with Knox tripped. I was running an international Rom and they guy didn't even check.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've got a buddy who works in one of the T-Mobile stores, and I asked him, and he said that T-Mo doesn't care about rooting, or any of that. They just check the water sensor, if anything.

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
I was 3 months into LG G2 ownership couldn't do jump so I charged GS5 to my account putting 200.00 down then sold G2 for 350.00 on Craigslist
Pretty cool that T will finance 2 devices on single line with both on one Jump/protection plan.
You also get to keep original Jump plan in tact!

It gives customer so much freedom at low cost.

With ATT & V you would have to start second line with another plan to get device finance. You would also have 2 Next/protection plan charges.
Its a total rip off.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uvu5u2yh.jpg
    How much $ did you need to put down on your S4, and how many payments of how much per month did you pay on the S4 before trading it in and getting $440 for it?

My bad it was $400
    Here's a pic. I only had the s4 for 7 months before trading. uploadfromtaptalk1397509734382.jpg

Wait, so you got an S4 for no money down and just $27.50/month.
    Paid on it for seven months ($192.50 total).
    Then traded it in on an S5 and got $400 towards the S5.

So with just seven months, you got a free $407.50 towards and S5 and are now on the S5 jump plan at $27.50 (or whatever) per month with no money down?

Sounds decent.

The s4 was $25.50 a month, basically upgrading cost 2 bucks more a month. I got the s4 and the s5 with no money down BUT you have to pay the taxes on it.

Me too... I JUMPed from the S4 to the S5 on the JUMP1 plan... T-Mobile ended up paying off the $425 for my S4 and my payments went up $2.50 a month (who cares lol). Being grandfathered into the old JUMP plan is amazing because now that the initial 6 months is over I can upgrade twice a year... meaning if they release a "Prime"S5 it is mine, or I just wait for the N4 :) T-Mobile for the win!