Phone speaker is AMAZING. Potential is hidden.

Search This thread

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
ROOT/Magisk REQUIRED

Well, in my hastiness to mod this phone, I did a couple things, namely Viper Audio FX Magisk module in Magisk downloads within the Magisk app, and dual speaker module for Magisk which you can get here https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/themes/magisk-stereo-speaker-mod-oneplus-6t-t3860041. I'm running the BOOSTED dual speaker now. Decided to see if my magical speaker config on Viper would give me results like it did on my 3T, and boy, it's a real surprise on this phone. The stock audio tuning on the speaker hides what it can actually do.

Now, you'll need the Convolver profiles for Viper Audio to reproduce my settings. You can get the profiles in this zip: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141554. It's under modules > profiles. Just copy the Viper4Android folder you find in there and store it. You will need to install Magisk with Viper Audio FX and the optional dual speaker mod for the 6T.

Once you get the Viper dual speaker modules installed, plug your phone into your PC and copy the Viper4Android folder you copied from the zip with the profiles, into the internal shared storage root. Close when done.

You can now open the Viper4Android app and enable speaker master, convolver, and speaker optimization switches.

If you click on Convolver it will take you to a menu where you can select profiles. Leave the knob that's next to the profile selector @ 0%. Make sure your main volume is down, because when you select the TUBEAMPLIFIER profile, the volume will boost.

Now you can enjoy rich, deep, sound from the very underrated speaker :D

----------------------------------------------------------

So I made another interesting discovery. I installed the latest Cleanslate kernel(version 2.7.7 is the latest from the date of this post) which you can get here along with the configuration(2.9.0) and companion(2.5.0) app, and in the configuration app it allows for tuning of the speakers(yes the earpiece speaker as well!).

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files...&sort_dir=DESC

I boosted the earpiece speaker to level 7 when I was using reduced dual speaker. Backed it down to 5 on boosted dual speaker, on the slider of the Cleanslate configuration app, and hit save. I think the damn earpiece speaker might be almost as meaty as the bottom speaker. It doesn't distort for ****, and the range of sound is astounding! I think we have a true second speaker for our phone, boys and girls! This is pretty awesome!

I paired it with my ViperAudio tweaks and the OnePlus 6T is now like a portable boombox, lol. I love this phone!

Last edited:

zanderzone

Sep 14, 2011
Followed your steps to chose the "Tubeamplifier and technics" profile. Let's see how much difference does it make. I will write my experience later.

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
Followed your steps to chose the "Tubeamplifier and technics" profile. Let's see how much difference does it make. I will write my experience later.

Awesome. How do you like it? Those are just my preferences, so it's not limited to just that config. I just found it to work the best for the speaker. Reveals more low frequency in the speaker, while maintaining the nice mids and highs.

CosMiiK

Feb 26, 2012
I wasn't expecting such a drastic change. I was playing a song on about half volume before applying the profile, tapped on the profile and BOOM. It was like the volume was turned all the way up, and sounded much more rich. Then I kept turning the volume up slowly to see where it would start distorting, and to my surprise it never did. Full volume is now about 2x as loud and sounds much much better. Whatever you did with that profile is a gamechanger.

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
I wasn't expecting such a drastic change. I was playing a song on about half volume before applying the profile, tapped on the profile and BOOM. It was like the volume was turned all the way up, and sounded much more rich. Then I kept turning the volume up slowly to see where it would start distorting, and to my surprise it never did. Full volume is now about 2x as loud and sounds much much better. Whatever you did with that profile is a gamechanger.

I did nothing lol. Just a nice discovery I made fiddling with my old 3T and applied it here. Pretty dramatic result, right? Looks like OnePlus is sandbagging big time with the hardware. Luckily, our development community can take advantage of such wonderful hardware offerings. :D

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
So I made another interesting discovery. I installed the latest Cleanslate kernel(version 2.7.7 is the latest from the date of this post) which you can get here along with the configuration(2.9.0) and companion(2.5.0) app, and in the configuration app it allows for tuning of the speakers(yes the earpiece speaker as well!).

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284718&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

I boosted the earpiece speaker to level 7 on the slider of the Cleanslate configuration app, and hit save. I think the damn earpiece speaker might be almost as meaty as the bottom speaker. It doesn't distort for ****, and the range of sound is astounding! I think we have a true second speaker for our phone, boys and girls! This is pretty awesome!

I paired it with my ViperAudio tweaks and the OnePlus 6T is now like a portable boombox, lol. I love this phone!

padule

Oct 20, 2016
Is it safe to use the earpiece like that? I've seen mentioned on Reddit that it might cause damage.

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
And that maybe THE reason OnePlus did not do it by themselfes. Why should they deliver something less powerful than possible?

Because overengineered parts are great for better durability. This tweak demonstrates the quality of parts that OnePlus uses on their phone, which seem to be astounding quality.

Darriousx

Dec 31, 2012
Based on the response, I'm going to definitely be downloading and trying this out. Though, I'll also probably upload the profiles to something else because that is a damn large file lol. I just wanna download to me phone?

Reactions: Sepero

dragon-tmd

Jan 16, 2005
BRD
Because overengineered parts are great for better durability. This tweak demonstrates the quality of parts that OnePlus uses on their phone, which seem to be astounding quality.
And with this mod, you may lack the better durability. But who knows? I myself don't use mobiles longer than a few weeks, so i don't care :D

Reactions: Mennooo

carmico

Sep 11, 2006
copy the Viper4Android folder you copied from the zip with the profiles, into the internal shared storage root. !

wich patch exactly ? same root folder where DCIM and other folders like Whatsapp are ?

tapping in Convolver , i can see the Knob at 0% , but there are not profiles, do i have to click on Impulse Response and select TUBEAMPLIFIER&Technics Preamp Extreme v2.irs ? right ?

i am not secure if everything i did, i did it right, applying TubeAmplifier volume difference is HUGE !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOT/Magisk REQUIRED

Well, in my hastiness to mod this phone, I did a couple things, namely Viper Audio FX Magisk module in Magisk downloads within the Magisk app, and dual speaker module for Magisk which you can get here https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/themes/magisk-stereo-speaker-mod-oneplus-6t-t3860041. I'm running the BOOSTED dual speaker now. Decided to see if my magical speaker config on Viper would give me results like it did on my 3T, and boy, it's a real surprise on this phone. The stock audio tuning on the speaker hides what it can actually do.

Now, you'll need the Convolver profiles for Viper Audio to reproduce my settings. You can get the profiles in this zip: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141554. It's under modules > profiles. Just copy the Viper4Android folder you find in there and store it. You will need to install Magisk with Viper Audio FX and the optional dual speaker mod for the 6T.

Once you get the Viper dual speaker modules installed, plug your phone into your PC and copy the Viper4Android folder you copied from the zip with the profiles, into the internal shared storage root. Close when done.

You can now open the Viper4Android app and enable speaker master, convolver, and speaker optimization switches.

If you click on Convolver it will take you to a menu where you can select profiles. Leave the knob that's next to the profile selector @ 0%. Make sure your main volume is down, because when you select the TUBEAMPLIFIER profile, the volume will boost.

Now you can enjoy rich, deep, sound from the very underrated speaker :D

----------------------------------------------------------

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files...&sort_dir=DESC

I boosted the earpiece speaker to level 7 when I was using reduced dual speaker. Backed it down to 5 on boosted dual speaker, on the slider of the Cleanslate configuration app, and hit save. I think the damn earpiece speaker might be almost as meaty as the bottom speaker. It doesn't distort for ****, and the range of sound is astounding! I think we have a true second speaker for our phone, boys and girls! This is pretty awesome!

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284718&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

I boosted the earpiece speaker to level 7 on the slider of the Cleanslate configuration app, and hit save. I think the damn earpiece speaker might be almost as meaty as the bottom speaker. It doesn't distort for ****, and the range of sound is astounding! I think we have a true second speaker for our phone, boys and girls! This is pretty awesome!

I did nothing lol. Just a nice discovery I made fiddling with my old 3T and applied it here. Pretty dramatic result, right? Looks like OnePlus is sandbagging big time with the hardware. Luckily, our development community can take advantage of such wonderful hardware offerings. :D
    Awesome sound. Thanks for this guide.

But I have an issue. Sometimes it stops working and I can't get to get viper to enable again. Tried to turn master off and on but no change.

Anyone else encountering this issue?
    Yes. Open viper app, upper right corner 3 dots menu, exit. Then start viper again.
    Awesome sound. Thanks for this guide.

But I have an issue. Sometimes it stops working and I can't get to get viper to enable again. Tried to turn master off and on but no change.

Anyone else encountering this issue?