AOKP--JB-4.1.2 for gtab (with Rom Control) 12/13/2012

Search This thread

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok peeps, here is another great rom for you to play with.
For those who dont know what the Android Open Kang Project is:

http://aokp.co/

This rom strives to utilize the best hacks and mods of all roms and put them into one great build.
It was built by me, but it is coded by a wonderful crew of smart people and it performs quite well.
It features many nice addons:

* customized lockscreen with color changing for the text and a nice weather widget plus more
* customize navigation bar, Navbar hiding for NBA JAm and other phone Ui games and apps
* color theming for the navbar, along with the ability to add navbar buttons which you can set to do what you want

Basically, tons of stuff. I recommend flashing and going to settings>Rom Control and just spending about thirty minutes seeing all the things you can do.

On my end, I have tried to remove what we dont need for some extra RAM. I changed up the teamdrh device overlays to suit this ROM. modified build.prop for gameloft compatibility, applied Nobe's fixes for hdmi audio and gaming audio. Various other things to get it working well.......
This is still a work in progress!!!!

Many thanks to teamdrh for the "OEM device support"
Many thanks to Fosser for his kernel
Many thanks to the AOKP crew for such a great ROM

****INSTALL INFO*******

1. Use teamdrh nvflash for Jellybean - the 350meg prep
2. Wipe data/ factory reset
3. connect to PC, copy rom, and Flash away

ENJOY!

Known Issues:

Stock launcher has shortcut issues, YOU WILL NEED A DIFFERENT ONE. I left it alone so you guys could just use what you want. I recommend Nova Launcher, this is the one AOKP uses on official builds, but again, I left it alone so you could decide, but you will not be disappointed with Nova.

AOKP has their own wallpapaers, the app would not retrieve them though, still looking into this

Internal Camera, of course, NOT YET!

Others? please....you tell me. I dont have a dock, and I dont do many of the things that others do, so there may be issues that I have not yet uncovered. I dont care about logcats or whatever, just post what dont work if you find something. THANKS!

YOU MUST GO THANK ANY MEMBER OF THE AOKP CREW, AS WELL AS TEAMDRH. THEY MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.

http://d-h.st/1Mz

Recommended GAPPS:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918484&highlight=gapps+market+only

As always, flash at your own risk. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Guys I am currently testing this Bad A$$ build and will let you know how it goes. Had to change somethings so that I can run it on my current 250m system, no hardware stuff just bloated phone crap. I will post some Screenies for you later. TY

Reactions: redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Yeah I tested this for a couple of days, and threw it up for you guys to play with it. Im sure it has bugs that I didnt find, but I have been knee deep in trying to get 4.2 to boot and I dont have this rom loaded, but I will reload when I get a chance and throw some screenshots up for you.

I will say, though, this is the most user customizeable rom yet.

johnnybr

Jun 26, 2011
Yeah I tested this for a couple of days, and threw it up for you guys to play with it. Im sure it has bugs that I didnt find, but I have been knee deep in trying to get 4.2 to boot and I dont have this rom loaded, but I will reload when I get a chance and throw some screenshots up for you.

I will say, though, this is the most user customizeable rom yet.

Hi! Thanks for the rom !
I was testing. I can't overclock. With Settings or System Tuner I can't change the frequency over 1Ghz... The slider won't go across 1ghz. Weird

My fault, just needed to make the gesture right. Running on 1.2 ghz!

Last edited:

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi! Thanks for the rom !
I was testing. I can't overclock. With Settings or System Tuner I can't change the frequency over 1Ghz... The slider won't go across 1ghz. Weird

My fault, just needed to make the gesture right. Running on 1.2 ghz!

You could also try tjohnson's boot.img, then overclock in the rom to 1.5. If it works go hit his thanks button though.

Reactions: johnnybr

johnnybr

Jun 26, 2011
You could also try tjohnson's boot.img, then overclock in the rom to 1.5. If it works go hit his thanks button though.

I am testing this right now. That way: the boot.img from Tjohnson's inside that zip (this aokp) and flashed... With antutu, there is more score on tjohnson's rom (I could get 8K). I have tryed Nobe's rom. Didn't boot. Even the boot animation won't showed.

Well, I am addicted on benchmark...
Sorry for my bad english!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-17-18-21-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-17-18-21-02.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Screenshot_2012-12-17-18-31-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-17-18-31-03.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 342

Nash Enders

Nov 16, 2012
The navigation buttons are so spread out. Is there any way to get them closer together on the lower left corner?

Nash Enders

Nov 16, 2012
Yes....in settings,rom control,navbar. You can have 7 buttons, spread them out, squeeze together, change colors,etc.

Okay, I've found how to add more buttons, which does squeeze them together. However, I only want three buttons (back, home, recent apps) and squeezed together on the lower left. Is there a way to do that? If I make the other buttons empty, there are still icons showing that there are buttons there, just that pressing them won't do anything.

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
All settings for this are in settings>ROM control>navigation bar

At the bottom where it says "combined bar width port" or "land" you move slider left or right and the buttons will move, you most likely want 5 percent, do both but "land" is landscape. If you just want three buttons then just choose 3 under "Nav button quantity". And if you want more, up to 7 then in the settings just underneath the quantity you must choose what the buttons do for a short press and a long press if you want. You can change the icons too.

Nash Enders

Nov 16, 2012
I'm actually liking this ROM the most so far out of the Jelly Bean ROMs. It's pretty lean. It performs well. There are a lot of options. And every app I've tried on it has worked.

Nash Enders

Nov 16, 2012
Here is something weird. I flashed this ROM on my wife's tablet and everything works with it. So I decided to flash it on my tablet and some apps, like Dictionary.com, aren't compatible. Any ideas why this would be?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok peeps, here is another great rom for you to play with.
    For those who dont know what the Android Open Kang Project is:

http://aokp.co/

This rom strives to utilize the best hacks and mods of all roms and put them into one great build.
    It was built by me, but it is coded by a wonderful crew of smart people and it performs quite well.
    It features many nice addons:

* customized lockscreen with color changing for the text and a nice weather widget plus more
    * customize navigation bar, Navbar hiding for NBA JAm and other phone Ui games and apps
    * color theming for the navbar, along with the ability to add navbar buttons which you can set to do what you want

Basically, tons of stuff. I recommend flashing and going to settings>Rom Control and just spending about thirty minutes seeing all the things you can do.

On my end, I have tried to remove what we dont need for some extra RAM. I changed up the teamdrh device overlays to suit this ROM. modified build.prop for gameloft compatibility, applied Nobe's fixes for hdmi audio and gaming audio. Various other things to get it working well.......
    This is still a work in progress!!!!

Many thanks to teamdrh for the "OEM device support"
    Many thanks to Fosser for his kernel
    Many thanks to the AOKP crew for such a great ROM

****INSTALL INFO*******

1. Use teamdrh nvflash for Jellybean - the 350meg prep
    2. Wipe data/ factory reset
    3. connect to PC, copy rom, and Flash away

ENJOY!

Known Issues:

Stock launcher has shortcut issues, YOU WILL NEED A DIFFERENT ONE. I left it alone so you guys could just use what you want. I recommend Nova Launcher, this is the one AOKP uses on official builds, but again, I left it alone so you could decide, but you will not be disappointed with Nova.

AOKP has their own wallpapaers, the app would not retrieve them though, still looking into this

Internal Camera, of course, NOT YET!

Others? please....you tell me. I dont have a dock, and I dont do many of the things that others do, so there may be issues that I have not yet uncovered. I dont care about logcats or whatever, just post what dont work if you find something. THANKS!

YOU MUST GO THANK ANY MEMBER OF THE AOKP CREW, AS WELL AS TEAMDRH. THEY MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.

http://d-h.st/1Mz

Recommended GAPPS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918484&highlight=gapps+market+only
    ______________________________________________________________________________

As always, flash at your own risk. Merry Christmas!
    Congratulations

Super to have your great support. Despite I'am not AOKP fan,but for sure I will test it during the weekend.
    Any screen shots?
    Guys I am currently testing this Bad A$$ build and will let you know how it goes. Had to change somethings so that I can run it on my current 250m system, no hardware stuff just bloated phone crap. I will post some Screenies for you later. TY
    check the RAM...... should be from 180-205 mb free most of the time!

Swagpaper.apk doesn't work because there isn't any paper in it and also it might not match the SystemUI or Framework-res to open up. Going to pull some apktool skills on this and see what I can come up with.:cool: