ADB device show empty

Search This thread

ngaisteve1

Dec 4, 2012
Hi, I have already had my USB debugging enabled and from my device manager I can see my device there showing "ASUS Android Devices" > "Asus Android Composite ADB Interface".

But when I reboot my tablet as USB mode and from my laptop I run cmd as Administrator, and run "adb devices" command, it just show me "List of devices attached" and then the command prompt.

I have already unlock and rooted my tablet.

Why I can't see my device id ? Please help :)

Last edited:
Reactions: indraledeepak

shashivydyula

Feb 28, 2013
Hyderabad
Try: Connect/disconnect device from USB. Kill adb server (adb.exe) from DeviceManager, and then run "adb devices" again. Also make sure that correct USB drivers are installed for your device.

Yeah this process is correct. Even I've experienced this.

What I did is:

Removed the USB cable connection and reconnect.
Kill adb.exe
Restart adb.
Then device was shown to be connected.

gollum17

Jan 19, 2013
Elyria
If on windows make sure your driver's are installed.

Type in cmd
adb kill-server
adb start-server

If that doesn't work try a different usb slot. You could also try moving adb and it's dependencies to your system32 folder. It's where all your commands are stored for cmd. You won't have to navigate to the android sdk tools.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: charan99

mohammadmdp

Oct 21, 2013
no need for that.

close any adb process either from task manager or by typing: "adb kill-server" in adb console

close everything and use this customized adb file I attached, it'll show your device.

it also has instructions and necessary files for rooting your device.

sayonara90

May 8, 2014
Problem

Try: Connect/disconnect device from USB. Kill adb server (adb.exe) from DeviceManager, and then run "adb devices" again. Also make sure that correct USB drivers are installed for your device.
I have LG Optimus G (E975) i wipped all from the device and now i can't put cm11 on it, adb sideload do not work, and list of devices attached is empty. what must i do to put CM11 on my phone?:crying:

ldemon360

Oct 22, 2010
I'm having the same issue but I have a ! triangle on my Nexus 5 under Other Devices. Any suggestions???

nyk77

Jun 22, 2010
I have the same issue on my nexus 4. Yesterday it showed up with adb devices, now it's an empty list. I have USB debugging enabled and tried restarting the server. Nothing works. Any ideas?

fireashes

Sep 12, 2010
turn debugging off and then on again

I had the same problem. In my case, i had forgot to enable usb debugging after new rom.

Hi, I have already had my USB debugging enabled and from my device manager I can see my device there showing "ASUS Android Devices" > "Asus Android Composite ADB Interface".

In your case just disable USB debugging and then enable again.

dgoettsche

Dec 8, 2014
fix the driver

I had this issue.
In my case when I went to device manager I could see the Device and wasn't installed correctly and could not load the drivers even after having installed them on the PC.
SO I clicked update drivers.
Select that will chose the drivers to install and select the Android Devices - ADB driver.
You will get a warning, but just ignore it and load the ADB driver for the phone.

Ensure you are in the sideload option of the recovery

Now
adb devices

it should show up as Sideload

Now sideload

Cheers
Dirk

12hemang

Apr 27, 2015
Just add ur device id in adb.ini

Same issue was faced by me on my micromax Q334 and xolo era, I search lot for that and finally just adding hardware id the device are detected under adb.The steps are clearly shown in my video below..
It will definitely going to sort this problem..
For that just right click on adb driver ,navigate to detail tab and search for hardware id then add to adb.INI
I have also uploaded video on that YouTube: Fix adb connection issue(Adb driver installed, but device not listed)

Reactions: Alchu

vishala_dreamer

May 14, 2016
device listed as "? recovery"

hey,

am trying to connect honor 6(h60-L04) but am not able to see the proper name for my device is just showing "? recovery" and am trying to update the android version coz of the device is in reboot-loop so help me out here

if there is any other option to recover device give me link.

vern.zimm

Oct 22, 2016
Put your phone in PTP mode... just found this. When it was on charge or MTP nothing would connect, but when it was in PTP adb.exe said "error: device offline", but on phone it asked if I wanted to trust the computer!!! Ohhhkay, now we're getting somewhere. Clicked trust and ran adb devices and there it is :D

See below... I found there are two versions of adb.exe I was using. PTP is not the problem, but adb.exe has to be the right one or it just says offline.

Last edited:

vern.zimm

Oct 22, 2016
Put your phone in PTP mode... just found this. When it was on charge or MTP nothing would connect, but when it was in PTP adb.exe said "error: device offline", but on phone it asked if I wanted to trust the computer!!! Ohhhkay, now we're getting somewhere. Clicked trust and ran adb devices and there it is :D

ALSO!! Get the newest driver pack from LG "LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.1.1". The driver packs in the roots that I downloaded aren't new enough. After Windows got the right drivers I was able to see the COM ports properly.

I'm not sure if I have the root working currently. The "Newest root method V03" where you click on root.bat seems to pick the wrong COM port. When I try to do it manually with Send_command.exe using the other COM port it seems like the root process doesn't work properly. It eventually completes, but no info about what it did etc.

I'm using an LG Transpyre VS810PP with Android 5.1.1 currently, and a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fix the driver

I had this issue.
    In my case when I went to device manager I could see the Device and wasn't installed correctly and could not load the drivers even after having installed them on the PC.
    SO I clicked update drivers.
    Select that will chose the drivers to install and select the Android Devices - ADB driver.
    You will get a warning, but just ignore it and load the ADB driver for the phone.

Ensure you are in the sideload option of the recovery

Now
    adb devices

it should show up as Sideload

Now sideload

Cheers
    Dirk

Yeah this process is correct. Even I've experienced this.

What I did is:

Removed the USB cable connection and reconnect.
    Kill adb.exe
    Restart adb.
    Then device was shown to be connected.
    Have you enabled Debugging on in your phones Developer settings?
    no need for that.

close any adb process either from task manager or by typing: "adb kill-server" in adb console

close everything and use this customized adb file I attached, it'll show your device.

it also has instructions and necessary files for rooting your device.