[APP] [10/03/2010] ★★★ GekoNewCal 3.1.4000 is available! ★★★

Search This thread

Omar68

Jul 24, 2007
[APP] [10/03/2010] ★★★ GekoNewCal 3.1.4000 is available! ★★★

GekoNewCal 3.1.4000: new version is available!

Get rid of your old stylus and have fun with the picker! GekoNewCal is the only finger friendly application for smartphones allowing you to make your appointments and invite colleagues and friends directly from your mobile phone. The last release is available at www.gekonewmobile.com.

Main features & functions

• Smart user interface.
    GekoNewCal 3.1 is designed to achieve the best level of ergonomics and ease of use. All the functions are accessible without using the stylus; the interface is simple and intuitive; the time scheduling is done by using the kinetic picker.

• Personalization of dates.
    GekoNewCal allows you to set a category to your date and to customize your list of categories. You can fix "all-day" events, recurrences and set the alarm.

• Invitation over SMS.
    With GekoNewCal you can forward your invitation via SMS. You can invite your friends or colleagues simply by selecting their name from the contact list in your smartphone; they will accept or decline and the date will be automatically created in their agenda. You will receive a reply notification. (This option is possible only if GekoNewCal is installed also in the addressee's smarphone).

• Fitting for different screen resolutions.
    GekoNewCal supports the following screen resolutions: QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA in "portrait" mode. The program automatically adapts the graphic to your screen resolution.

• Open to new skins.
    GekoNewCal supports your graphical skins. You can personalize the look of the program as you want.

• Support of unlimited languages.
    GekoNewCal is delivered with the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Greek, Czech, Danish, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese. You can add any other language simply by uploading a resource file with the translation.

• Windows Mobile compliant.
    GekoNewCal supports all touchscreen devices based on Windows Mobile 5.x and 6.x

Version 3.1.4000
  • [NEW] New input field to add owner categories.
  • [UPDATE] New graphic look of the options menu.
  • [UPDATE] Some graphics adjustment to support selected text color in contacts list and background color of note input text.

Version 3.1.3810
  • [NEW] New hide function (in main screen press and hold exit button for 1,5 second).
  • [UPDATE] Some graphical adjustments.

Version 3.1.3800
  • [NEW] New setting file for each skin to customize colors.
  • [NEW] New exit-button on mainscreen for a better ease of use.
  • [NEW] Optical touch response in all buttons.
  • [NEW] After saving and returning to main screen all items are resetted by default.
  • [NEW] Note window: keyboard is automatically displayed when tapping in the text area.
  • [FIXED] Minor visualization issues solved (navigation bar in option pages and in contact list, SMS invitation client).

Version 3.1.3690
  • [NEW] New "Geko Style" look and improved ergonomy.
  • [NEW] "All-day" event: disabled the date picker when event is set to ON, all-day event displayed in the main screen.
  • [NEW] New alarm duration: 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day.
  • [NEW] Save appointment without close program in order to set more then one date.
  • [NEW] Automatic increase of the year when is selected an older month then actual.
  • [NEW] Hide virtual keyboard when is pressed an option button.
  • [NEW] Set duration to "0" in order to use appointment as a reminder.
  • [NEW] Option to hide program without close it in order to restart it immediately.
  • [NEW] New note field to add comment/note to the appointment.
  • [NEW] New WQVGA (240x400) screen resolution (ex. Samsung Omnia).
  • [NEW] New graphic skin for all screen resolutions.
  • [UPDATE] Improvement of SMS client to manage invitations.
  • [UPDATE] Improvement of options management with more flexibility and ease of use (ex. Categories, Recurrencies, Alarms)
  • [FIXED] Fixed the exceptions management when loading image files.
  • [FIXED] Fixed weekly and yearly recurrences issue.

Furthermore, we have created some new skins in order to meet different look, available for free at our website.

original_Abyss_01.jpg
original_Italian_red_01.jpg
original_Juice_01.jpg

original_Pinky_boots_01.jpg
original_Velvet_01.jpg
original_Black_ice_01.jpg

Anyway, I will keep in touch with you also through this forum.

See you soon!

Omar

Attachments

• 010_MainForm.jpg
    010_MainForm.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 020_SetDate.jpg
    020_SetDate.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 200
  • 030_Repeat.jpg
    030_Repeat.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 040_Categories.jpg
    040_Categories.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 050_Alarm.jpg
    050_Alarm.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 060_Note.jpg
    060_Note.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 070_Menu.jpg
    070_Menu.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

suatkelem

Apr 23, 2007
Very nice little app! Maybe, integration with Diamond Tweak by Montecristoff (in order to set your prog, as a left soft panel at Manila), could be interesting!

Thank you for your work.

maxpain

Aug 29, 2006
nice app

could you add option to choose appointment date from month view ? (by one finger tap) ?

f.e. insted 3 first scrolling buttons

thanx for your work

Omar68

Jul 24, 2007
nice app

could you add option to choose appointment date from month view ? (by one finger tap) ?

f.e. insted 3 first scrolling buttons

thanx for your work

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm working to integrate this app with standard Calendar. I think the better solution is to replace default "new appointment" form with my application when you click on "new appointment" of the Agenda menu.

Blob8me

Nov 1, 2006
Spalding
Great Work & Thanks for Sharing.....

:cool: Just installed and already tried it - works really well :) Thanks for sharing your hard work......

It would be great if this could be either made into a stand-alone Tab or even linked in with the work D-Man666 has already done on the Calendar Tab????

Good luck and keep it comming!

ascorpion

Mar 24, 2007
Really usefull app but... When i tap on ^ to chose date on next day it goes down for example from 9 to 8 and it should go up. am i right?
anyway good job

Omar68

Jul 24, 2007
Really usefull app but... When i tap on ^ to chose date on next day it goes down for example from 9 to 8 and it should go up. am i right?
anyway good job

I'm not sure to understand... (sorry for my bad english)
All the "^" button decrease values (ex. day 9 to 8, houre 12 to 11...) and all the fields (day, mounth, year...) are totally indipendents.

crocodile010

Sep 5, 2008
Really useful nice app. Many thanks.

I attached it to left key of Second Today and launching it instead of standard Calendar from this place.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
Open="Program Files\GekoNewCal\GekoNewCal.exe"

Then soft reset.
I'm thinking of adding it to "Exclude" in task manager for launching it quickly, but dunno if it would drain much battery when in background.

crocodile010

Sep 5, 2008
Update.
I tried to exclude the app from removing it from memory but "Cancel" option always shuts this app regardless if it is on "exclude" list or not.

Omar68

Jul 24, 2007
Update.
I tried to exclude the app from removing it from memory but "Cancel" option always shuts this app regardless if it is on "exclude" list or not.

Thanks for your feedback, crocodile010!

Yes, you are right, I defined that "Cancel" button shuts the application to reduce battery and memory usage.
If is more useful I can change this behavior in the next version, maybe with a messagebox that ask "Close or hide" app.

crocodile010

Sep 5, 2008
Thanks for your feedback, crocodile010!
If is more useful I can change this behavior in the next version, maybe with a messagebox that ask "Close or hide" app.

I think that as few messageboxes as possible is essential as this app really should help to adding appointments in hurry. No need to click more boxes than necessary.

Maybe the suggested option with adding it to exclude list will be enough to let everyone choose if he wants to close it after every use or keep it in memory.

But again, well done.

curious george

Nov 9, 2006
What do you think of adding some annimation to the wheel? Like maybe flicking the wheel and showing it spinning through the dates?

The ability to set an alarm or noise and how far in advance to alert of the appointment?

Length of appointments definable.

Reoccuring appointments. Categories. Status. Attendees.

The ability to set the back ground.

Integration with OEM calendar.

These are just ideas. Thought you might be looking for a little brain storming.

detroix

Jul 7, 2008
yay finally a great looking calendar input app...

was getting sick and tired of missing the drop box and the retarded response on the wm6 platform..

well done!

i wan it on the tf3d!!!

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW
If you could cover tasks, appointments and to-do's and then integrate it with the standard calendar's data and maybe even integrate it with the Calendar tab from D-MAN666 then I think it would be pretty much a MUST HAVE app.

Mkevin

Aug 12, 2008
Localization

I tried to find with WinCe cabmanager but don't find answer which file is contains language information?
I suppose it's hard coded in .exe file and it's pictures...
Could I ask you to translate it if I send you translation to russian for each of description?
Thank's forward

To make it work with Fabil Action Screen 9 Btn Diamond v6 just make this overpatching:
HCLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScreen\App_3\Path and overwrite \windows\poutlook.exe to \internal storage\Program Files\GekoNewCal\GekoNewCal.exe please note that internal storage is directory there you install GekoNewCal and if you install it on device just exclude it from the path that i describe.

Last edited:

Omar68

Jul 24, 2007
What do you think of adding some annimation to the wheel? Like maybe flicking the wheel and showing it spinning through the dates?

The ability to set an alarm or noise and how far in advance to alert of the appointment?

Length of appointments definable.

Reoccuring appointments. Categories. Status. Attendees.

The ability to set the back ground.

Integration with OEM calendar.

These are just ideas. Thought you might be looking for a little brain storming.

- Animations are planned for the next versione, I'm working on it...
- I'm working also on recurring and alarm, but my goal is to keep the app very easy and light.

Thanks for your feedback.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    great app

Please, make little edition to the app in order we to have GekoNewCal with Appointment, and GeckoNewCal with New Task addition!

interface should be the same but with Priority and Category options for the task.

that would be absolute and more people would use it.
    someone needs quick appointments, someone needs quick to-do and tasks additions!
    Hello to everybody.

I am very busy at this time by my main job but I inform you that I'm working on the new version of GekoNewCal, which include:
    - categories (4)
    - possibility of define an event for several days
    - all day appoitments

Stay tuned.

Good news!
    But still, is it possible to add New Task functions to your great app?
    so we can choose what to create Appointment or Task.
    Tasks are important calendar entries too.

There are lots of people here (including myself), having very heavy schedule, and all Appointments and Meetings are clearly predefined weeks and months before they start, and they are not planned spontaneously.
    Though tasks are being created/completed every 20 minutes.
    Keep up your good work!