CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

Search This thread

viera16

May 8, 2012
Hi

if i install CyanogenMod 7.2.0 in my flipside the network will be unlocked?
Can i go back to my original version?
thanks a lot!

Reactions: WinSuk

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
if i install CyanogenMod 7.2.0 in my flipside the network will be unlocked?
Can i go back to my original version?
thanks a lot!

If you mean using another network's SIM card, no.

If you make a backup first you can go back (if you don't make a backup, you still can but it's harder and all of your data will be gone)

Edit: :eek: beat by seconds

Reactions: viera16

viera16

May 8, 2012
If you mean using another network's SIM card, no.

If you make a backup first you can go back (if you don't make a backup, you still can but it's harder and all of your data will be gone)

Edit: :eek: beat by seconds

Thanks , you are correct im trying to use another sim card im in Mexico an the cell phone its from At&t USA.

im trying to use rom manager to do my backup , but appear a list of models and the flipside isn't in the list, wich other program can i use for backup and restore?

thanks

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Thanks , you are correct im trying to use another sim card im in Mexico an the cell phone its from At&t USA.

im trying to use rom manager to do my backup , but appear a list of models and the flipside isn't in the list, wich other program can i use for backup and restore?

thanks

When you install the bootmenu & recovery (if you haven't already) there will be backup & restore option inside the custom recovery, which saves to clockworkmod/backup/*date&time* on your SD card :)

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
Hi!

Since several days passed and seems that there is no news I would like to ask if somebady may found a fix for the GPS not working on this rom....

Also, I wonder about if I may ask about which Devs still are with us following the development of this rom...

About this... I see in xda samsung glide forums that some great Dev agree to help with the develop of a Rom for the glide even if he didnt already have the glide cel but was able to help and debug in kind friendly way... so I wonder about if we may consider to ask for help from Devs of the phones that are similar to our FlipSide in hope that may be some Dev may help us to iron the few bugs that remain in the great work of Laidaxin...

Any idea or suggestion... I only wonder about if we could find a way to get some Dev help in some way...

Best regards to all!

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Hi!

Since several days passed and seems that there is no news I would like to ask if somebady may found a fix for the GPS not working on this rom....

Also, I wonder about if I may ask about which Devs still are with us following the development of this rom...

About this... I see in xda samsung glide forums that some great Dev agree to help with the develop of a Rom for the glide even if he didnt already have the glide cel but was able to help and debug in kind friendly way... so I wonder about if we may consider to ask for help from Devs of the phones that are similar to our FlipSide in hope that may be some Dev may help us to iron the few bugs that remain in the great work of Laidaxin...

Any idea or suggestion... I only wonder about if we could find a way to get some Dev help in some way...

Best regards to all!

What's wrong with the GPS? It worked fine for me when I tried it last..
It can take some time to get an initial lock

Having the kernel source would be great for development, but it doesn't seem like Motorola cares..

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
What's wrong with the GPS? It worked fine for me when I tried it last..
It can take some time to get an initial lock

Having the kernel source would be great for development, but it doesn't seem like Motorola cares..

Hi WinSuk!

Thanks for reply and for your good work here!...

Well, I did the whole process and everything works except the 3g know issue and the GPS that I never was able even to turn on it by menu, widget, chage settings and none gps app also wake up it or make it works... I primary use it for waze that I am using since so,long time ago, so I was familiar with the delay in catch up signal....

That is the reason because I was in beleive that is broken in this rom, so I surprised that You have it working fine.... Now I wonder about what could be a possible trick/tip to reset/make it works....

By other side... the sources that Laidaxin made available are not usefull for continue the fixing of this rom?...

Thanks again and best regards!

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Hi WinSuk!

Thanks for reply and for your good work here!...

Well, I did the whole process and everything works except the 3g know issue and the GPS that I never was able even to turn on it by menu, widget, chage settings and none gps app also wake up it or make it works... I primary use it for waze that I am using since so,long time ago, so I was familiar with the delay in catch up signal....

That is the reason because I was in beleive that is broken in this rom, so I surprised that You have it working fine.... Now I wonder about what could be a possible trick/tip to reset/make it works....

By other side... the sources that Laidaxin made available are not usefull for continue the fixing of this rom?...

Thanks again and best regards!

Don't really know then :-\

The kernel is what runs everything, including the rom..
We can't replace it with Motorola's locked bootloader, but we can learn how it works & build modules for use in the rom with the kernel source
Currently only Motorola has access to it, which is a violation of the GPL.

jovanphilip

May 29, 2012
I wish this was as simple to install as laidaxin explains in the OP. The boot loader installation seems to be the tricky part. Afaik, there are a few that sometimes work depending on different circumstances. I'm afraid of bricking my flipside, but I want gingerbread.

Won't someone make this easier for those of us who can't take such a risk? A better guide perhaps?

Edit: Got it working. This rom breathed new life into the flipside. But alas there's still no 3g :/
Why don't we all petition for motorola to unlock the bootloader?
Sent from my MB508 using XDA

Last edited:

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
I wish this was as simple to install as laidaxin explains in the OP. The boot loader installation seems to be the tricky part. Afaik, there are a few that sometimes work depending on different circumstances. I'm afraid of bricking my flipside, but I want gingerbread.

Won't someone make this easier for those of us who can't take such a risk? A better guide perhaps?

Edit: Got it working. This rom breathed new life into the flipside. But alas there's still no 3g :/
Why don't we all petition for motorola to unlock the bootloader?
Sent from my MB508 using XDA

WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now

matthewKER

Oct 14, 2010
Languages

I know this phone is american, but please don't remove the languages...
For example, I use my Flipside in Hungary which I bought on eBay...

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now

I asked for kernel source, not the boot loader...

For anyone interested, I tried again but a different way and got a reply... based on the other threads asking the same thing (for other devices), they release the source a few weeks after it's asked for
http://sourceforge.net/motorola/discussion/opensource_feedback/thread/cd4e3368/

As for the boot loader, many people have petitioned/asked for them to be unlocked, and Motorola said they would - except there's only the Xoom (which is more or less a Google device) and a special version of the Droid RAZR unlockable.
Maybe there will be hope with Google taking over (every Google device is made to be unlockable without any hacks/exploits)

jovanphilip

May 29, 2012
aaaaaand bricked :/

Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML. :(

Last edited:

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML. :(

It sucks down power like crazy for no reason in the boot loader.. faster then a PC can charge it from my experience. Try charging it (while off) until it's full (or when you think it's full) and try again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Sage

Status CyanogenMod 7.2 RC0 (17.03.2012)

Changelogs:

Code:
    [B]2012.05.26[/B]
    fixed the GPS icon in the statebar

added some moudle to fixed some error

replace the radio,and test for the 3G problem,only test now,it may not work

OC fixed,you may need the touch bootmenu to open it

some other problem that I may not remember
    [B]2012.04.09[/B]
    fixed the LED 

fixed the camera

fixed the GPS but still not show the icon in the statebar

fixed the keyboard lights

fixed some small bugs

The 3G problem I may not know how to fixed,because the 800/1900 in China is EDGE.My phone worked on EDGE well. 

[B]2012.03.17[/B]
    fixed the sensors problem,the ProximitySensor and LightsSensor now can worked!

fixed the audio player problem

add the H.264 endoced,now it can play 720P without OC

The GPS can not work because it miss the location provider

The camera can work well but the video must turn to "Low" to work

Keyboard Light must setup in "Setting-CMSetting"to turn on

any other problem that i may not remenber

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Copy *.zip to sdcard
    2. Reboot your device in BootMenu/ClockWork
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the *zip
    5. Reboot

Sources on github:

https://github.com/MagicDevTeam

Download:
    http://www.591fan.com/thread-6633-1-1.html

http://115.com/file/bej5e6oa#

Latest Google APPS

Sorry for my poor English!
    It should be 0 by default I think, change that to 255. I JUST finished downloading it, had major issues. One of the two mirror links was giving 404 errors, and the other was timing out ~20mb into the download. I threw it up on mediafire for anyone else having issues getting it (or for anyone too impatient to wait through the ~20k/sec I was getting here in the US :p).

http://www.mediafire.com/?r772bhx49uoc6u2
    According to this site, there seems to be a newer version available, dated 6/19:

http://www.591fan.com/forum-76-1.html

Google Translate is terrible, and it seems to need a 'Reading Access 10', whatever that is. Any way this newer release can make it over here, I wonder?

here is link : http://115.com/file/e785sovq

I asked for kernel source, not the boot loader...

For anyone interested, I tried again but a different way and got a reply... based on the other threads asking the same thing (for other devices), they release the source a few weeks after it's asked for
    http://sourceforge.net/motorola/discussion/opensource_feedback/thread/cd4e3368/

As for the boot loader, many people have petitioned/asked for them to be unlocked, and Motorola said they would - except there's only the Xoom (which is more or less a Google device) and a special version of the Droid RAZR unlockable.
    Maybe there will be hope with Google taking over (every Google device is made to be unlockable without any hacks/exploits)
    May be you will do this:
    1.replace the /lib/moudles/modem_pm_driver.ko

2.add the missing files in system/lib,like the librilswith.so etc...

3.change the build.prop in ril lines

you all can try this for 3G problem.I try it,but when reboot to the system,I can't get any sign.But this way is the only way to solve this problem.Maybe I foget some lib or any other files fo this change.I work on CM9 now,good luck!