I have a Kindle fire 2 NON hd version

Search This thread

dyson77

Nov 27, 2012
the unit has a BAD esn so I figured the easiest way to fix it would be to root with android.
But everything I have seen shows a HD version. Can this tablet be rooted?
and if so what port do i use.
can someone direct me to the right area please

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
the unit has a BAD esn so I figured the easiest way to fix it would be to root with android.

Step away from the Kindle.

If you can't see the posts above yours that explain how to do it, I think you should leave alone. Read lots or you will brick your device.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD

dyson77

Nov 27, 2012

If you can't see the posts above yours that explain how to do it, I think you should leave alone. Read lots or you will brick your device.

lets start with this my question wasn't properly worded.

1 is there a way to bypass the bad esn? Amazon said I have a worthless unit

2 I have cyanogenmod in two units but did not require a fast boot cable.just direct usb connection.But most things i have
read here say you should use one. does it make a big difference?

lastly is there a mod that is simulator to cyanogen mod for the fire2 7" non hd?

Wilkinsss

Dec 26, 2012

2 I have cyanogenmod in two units but did not require a fast boot cable.just direct usb connection.But most things i have

lastly is there a mod that is simulator to cyanogen mod for the fire2 7" non hd?

1. I'm not sure but I don't think so.

2. Cyanogenmod is absolutely possible to get on the kindle fire 2, if you check the version number you should have 10.2.X. The reason he told you to step away from the kindle is there are multiple posts in this section about how to root the Kindle fire 2 non-HD version, which you didn't seem to see so he assumed ignorance. No, you don't necessarily need a fastboot cable, but it's nice to have if you end up bricking your kindle. I've rooted mine through the Qemu and Bin4ry's root method which you will find listed somewhere here. Then you have to install TWRP bootloader, I'd recommend pulling a backup off the system through adb, then wipe and flash Cyanogenmod and GApps (Again, you say you've done this on other devices, but there's a thread here related to the kindle fire 2 specifically so follow that one).

Last edited:
Reactions: granadier

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If you mean can you use cm on a kindle that is blacklisted then yes, though I'm not condoning stolen kindles by saying this.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. I'm not sure but I don't think so.

2. Cyanogenmod is absolutely possible to get on the kindle fire 2, if you check the version number you should have 10.2.X. The reason he told you to step away from the kindle is there are multiple posts in this section about how to root the Kindle fire 2 non-HD version, which you didn't seem to see so he assumed ignorance. No, you don't necessarily need a fastboot cable, but it's nice to have if you end up bricking your kindle. I've rooted mine through the Qemu and Bin4ry's root method which you will find listed somewhere here. Then you have to install TWRP bootloader, I'd recommend pulling a backup off the system through adb, then wipe and flash Cyanogenmod and GApps (Again, you say you've done this on other devices, but there's a thread here related to the kindle fire 2 specifically so follow that one).