All i can say is WOW...

Search This thread

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
long time htc user here (eris, rezound, dna, etc) and wow... this phone is by far the best htc much less phone ive ever had in my hand.. with xposed no need to even rom.. (though still love our devs!) lightning fast stock (doesn't even need to be debloated but of course did)
i know this has been stated many times, but i just wanna say it again, this device is beast!

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I agree best phone I've ever used. I'll be honest it didn't give me the same feeling I had when I first held the galaxy nexus but that metal back though. Amazing

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Saints775

Nov 17, 2011
Reno
I've had a couple of HTC's (Og EVO, LTE) and this phone far surpassed those. I was on a Nexus 4 for the past year or so and stock Android was very simple, but I like what they've done with Sense 6. Very happy with my purchase so far.

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
I got the HTC Incredible 2 as my first phone and since I didn't know anything about Android at the time I got it based on reviews not knowing each manufacturer was different. Then I got the DNA because it was the best Verizon phone at the time. (Not a fan of Samsung's cheap feel and hate Touch wiz) Then I got the M8 for close to same reason.
HTC just keeps finding new ways to reel me back in. Loving this phone so much. In my opinion Sense is the best version of Android aside from fully working Cyanogenmod.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Tallywacker

Dec 31, 2012
Greenville
It was either the m8 or the Dev Ed moto x on a whim I got the m8 (will arrive Friday ) I thought I had royally screwed up until I seen that there's root and s-off and after reading all of your comments y'all have reassured me ! I hope that development picks up I know the m8 is new but I've been spoiled with the RAZR maxx HD (current phone ) having like every ROM and recovery ported to the thing lol ...rant over thanks

Reactions: vdChild

animez

Mar 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Google Pixel 6
Every smartphone I've owned with the exception of the Razr Maxx HD previous to this one had been an HTC (starting with the WinMo XV6800). HTC keeps producing phones like this I will never stray again.

Sent from my VZW HTC One (M8)

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
Every smartphone I've owned with the exception of the Razr Maxx HD previous to this one had been an HTC (starting with the WinMo XV6800). HTC keeps producing phones like this I will never stray again.

Sent from my VZW HTC One (M8)

Ya I strayed with a note 2 after my DNA to test the Samsung waters to see if they improved since my siii though they had, HTC is home ;)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ttown

Mar 1, 2008
Great thread. Glad to see people showing some love for this phone. I've had this since launch day. I looked at the S5 when it launched a couple of weeks later. While the screen looks amazing and there are some improvements to Touchwiz, it doesn't compare to the M8.

Olddog828

Oct 28, 2010
Etowah, NC
First time HTC owner here too. Coming from the Galaxy Nexus which i liked but was getting long in the tooth. Learning curve with the HTC to pick up how to do a lot of things but wow, i really am enjoying the smoothness and functionality of this phone!

darkcroc

May 25, 2013
this phone is amazing in my eyes i have 2 of em one to test roms and one as personal and its fin awesome way better then the S5 i mean really S5 is what its all cracked up to be all we need now is a lifeproof case for our m8s and we'd be golden

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
HTC will now be the smartphone I've owned the most. I have had the iPhone and the Galaxy but they both fail in comparison next to HTC's M8. Not only is the phone built like a tank its onboard software has been the most aesthetically pleasing out of all the android phones i have used topping stock android. They have managed to tone down the user interface and created a software that in my opinion should be what google strives to be more like. My only wish is that google and HTC would partner up to make the best smartphone together.

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
this phone is amazing in my eyes i have 2 of em one to test roms and one as personal and its fin awesome way better then the S5 i mean really S5 is what its all cracked up to be all we need now is a lifeproof case for our m8s and we'd be golden

Who needs a lifeproof case at least for the first 6 moths? I just learned HTC will replace the screen for free wtihin the first 6 months! :laugh: That's effin crazy! Name another manufacturer that will stand behind their phone like that?

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Who needs a lifeproof case at least for the first 6 moths? I just learned HTC will replace the screen for free wtihin the first 6 months! :laugh: That's effin crazy! Name another manufacturer that will stand behind their phone like that?

True, but you never know what other defects a refurb will have.

That said, I've never understood why people go for giant cases. The shock absorption and protection of a slim TPU case is all you really need to prevent shattering your screen. I've yet to break one.

*knock on wood*

R

richii0207

True, but you never know what other defects a refurb will have.

That said, I've never understood why people go for giant cases. The shock absorption and protection of a slim TPU case is all you really need to prevent shattering your screen. I've yet to break one. One even had the incipio dual

*knock on wood*

The slim cases do not offer as much protection. I have a few family members that have cracked their screen with various slim cases.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
The slim cases do not offer as much protection. I have a few family members that have cracked their screen with various slim cases.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

I cannot imagine what sort of drops you'd have to perform to break a screen through a typical lipped TPU case. My GS3 withstood *many* drops on concrete (sidewalk, street, basement) while outfitted with a diztronic TPU case while receiving absolutely no damage. The case got a little dinged up though.

Who knows maybe I'm just lucky!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    long time htc user here (eris, rezound, dna, etc) and wow... this phone is by far the best htc much less phone ive ever had in my hand.. with xposed no need to even rom.. (though still love our devs!) lightning fast stock (doesn't even need to be debloated but of course did)
    i know this has been stated many times, but i just wanna say it again, this device is beast!
    I've gone naked on every smartphone I've owned. They have all been in great condition.
    First time HTC guy here. Left Samsung because of all the lockdown crap. And I agree, WOW this is one awesome device !
    It was either the m8 or the Dev Ed moto x on a whim I got the m8 (will arrive Friday ) I thought I had royally screwed up until I seen that there's root and s-off and after reading all of your comments y'all have reassured me ! I hope that development picks up I know the m8 is new but I've been spoiled with the RAZR maxx HD (current phone ) having like every ROM and recovery ported to the thing lol ...rant over thanks
    I've owned nearly every HTC that Verizon carries, starting with the Eris, then the T-Bolt. Back then, HTC was giving people what they want....First Android and First 4G/LTE phone. Always unlockable. But then HTC took a weird turn and started removing sd card slots, went with thin screens (Incredible line), still not happy that I can't buy spare batteries but I will say that HTC has again made the best (current) phone. It's fast, good design, they mellowed Sense, 32 gb internal + sd card slot, a couple bells and whistles (tap to wake and IR), and it's unlockable. I traded a S5 for this phone and sold my N3 (daily driver). I'm not looking back until Sammy unlocks it's bootloaders again. Well done HTC. You're back on top in my book.